News & Updates
1.8.0 Hotfixes 11/16/2015
We've fixed a lot of issues with the latest patch. Hope you enjoy and thanks for helping us make the game better!
- Got rid of many PvP messages.
- The server now does not shut down until it finishes saving everyone online.
- Fixed trading bugs.
- Increased player saving intervals (10 per second rather than one a second).
- Fixed many problems with logging out/getting stuck online.
- Fixed typo with Flaming Fire Dragon Scroll, it is now just Flame Dragon.
- Fixed many typos with items and Jutsu descriptions.
- Updated installer to use default path, rather than use the last used one.
- Improved the launcher to launch the client as admin.
- Improved the installer to launch the updater as admin and got rid of Register SNI.exe from it.
- Improved error handlers for 'Ciper' error, it will now unregister and register the SNI.dll. It may still show this error for some users though.
- Possible fix for PvP mode turning on by random.
- Fixed a possible right click menu crash error.
- The updater will no longer crash when it fails to find the 'Client.exe'.
- Misc. bug fixes.
- Added Flame Dragon Technique Scroll to Hidden Merchant.
- Added Water Prison Technique Scroll to Hidden Merchant.
- Added Concealement Technique Scroll to Hidden Merchant.
- Rebalanced the prices on the Hidden Merchant.
- Lighting Cutter Technique range decreased from 10-12-15 to 10-11-12.
- Great Tornado Technique radius increased to 6 up from 5 and no longer hits the entire map.
- Shadow Shuriken Technique radius increased from 1-1-1 to 2-2-2. The rank 3 damage has been increased by 3 and rank 2 no longer pierces.
- /invite command now invites your target or the player you type in aka /invite (name). This used to only support targets.
- Added where Ninja Killers can be attacked even if they have PvP Mode off.
- Warp, warp to target, and revive Jutsus can now level up.
1.8.0 New Installer and Updater 11/13/2015
Robin unveiled the new updater early, but we've been fixing issues with the updater and game behind the scenes. All hotfixes we do to the game will come out as separate posts from now on, but we're going to try to keep patches together and not separated. This will basically say everything that has happened since 1.7.0.
- Server stability and player saving resolved.
- Exploit with food being infinitely gained.
- Map sound with Charge Chakra would fill the entire map.
- Logout bug where you were stuck logged in/server full.
- Fixes to events, they no longer cause the server to crash or be unresponsive when a lot of players are interacting with them at once.
- Client and server memory leaks fixed.
- Spell cooldown displayed incorrectly on the client.
- Shop displays the right text of the item you are buying and its cost.
- Crash issues with buying and selling items.
- Fixed issues where music would glitch - stop and resume playing and oftentimes play the wrong track.
- Fixed where relogging would clear buffs/debuffs.
- Fixed issues with using items with the right click menu.
- Server shutdown now properly saves players.
- Fixed rollbacks.
- Fixed Account Manager - reset character.
- Fixed the display of weapon paperdoll in shops.
- Misc. bug fixes.
- Reworked the food stalls in Leaf Village.
- Added Scroll Token currency item that is used to buy Scrolls. It drops from mobs that are Wolves or higher.
- Removed Scroll Box.
- Robes Merchant now also sells Scrolls!
- Water Prison Jutsu stun duration increased from 1-1-1 to 1-2-2 and rank 3 has a 3 area of effect radius.
- Lightning Cutter Jutsu range increased from 7-8-10 to 10-12-15.
- Great Tornado Technique area of effect radius reduced from 7 to 5.
- Updated many item and Jutsu descriptions.
- Updated the tutorial area slightly - increased ANBU History and Shizuna has a yellow arrow indicating that she can be interacted with. Misc. changes to dialogue on exam questions and answers.
- Added DoS protection to game server.
- Max amount of mobs per map is 50 rather than 25 before.
- Added where "Learned" is displayed as green if a higher rank Jutsu is already learned.
- Improved idle animation to randomly change between 250 to 500ms and reset every 1,000 to 2,000ms. There's also unique idle animations for players, mobs, events, and clones.
- Changed color of chat for PvP players and warning messages from bright red to bright orange.
- New updater and installer.
- Max stack for non-currency items is 100.
Uninstall the old game before installing the new one. If you have problems playing the game, make sure to reboot after uninstalling the game and ensure to reboot after installing.
We ran into many problems and shouldn't have to install the game again moving forward. Thanks for your patience!
Patch Notes 1.7.0 11/01/2015
We've turned off the Event from the last update and figured it wasn't good to do for an entire day - it will make the value of these items not really good if left on for 24 hours. The Events we plan are not what we have envisioned, we apologize for not delaying the best experience this will change as we get more experience and resources. Also, some of these issues in the hotfix were fixed already and released as a hotfix in the updater. Most users likely did not see these changes, since the server kept going down. We had a lot of trouble and are trying to improve, thanks for your patience!
- Fixed issue where fullscreen was broken. If your screen does not work correctly such as not being able to move your cursor all the way across the screen, try adjusting your DPI to 100%. We will add support for higher DPI in the future. I do not think we will add support for lower DPI unless it is really needed.
- Fixed Inventory window triggering inputs while not open.
- Fixed right click menus not displaying.
- Fixed a crash with emoticons in-game.
- Changed stat bonus of Tobi Mask to 0.
- Changed stat bonus of War Armor to 2 Fortitude down from 5.
- Changed chat message for whispers to display like this: [Seth]:.
- Fixed Team bugs when logging out and back in. It now will kick you out of the Team right when you log back in, and then add you back. You won't lose Team Captain or anything like that as long as you log back in within 30 seconds.
- Changed name color of Silver Ninja to the Admin color from last patch. Admin color was changed to Cyan.
- Improved movement running animation.
- Removed the name in Whisper in the right click menu for players.
- Charge Chakra speed is increased based on Agility, this was not mentioned in the past Patch Notes.
- Fixed several messages with Party being used instead of Team.
- Rollbacks gone this time hopefully.
- Fixed a bug where right click menu would say a player was offline.
- Possible fix with music sometimes not playing the right track when logging in.
- Bug fixes with not displaying loading screen and possibly being on an endless loop loading screen.
- Trading bug fixed.
- No more bonus experience while in a Team, although the experience is still not divided or shared.
Patch Notes 1.6.0 10/31/2015
More improvements to the server stability and hopefully finally fixing rollbacks completely. There also has been many changes made to the game and a Halloween Event. In the Leaf Village there are special boxes that were spawned during the Launch Event. These chests contain special items we plan to sell during Beta, and some are just plain awesome and will be earned in the game possibly later! They will only last until midnight tomorrow and spawn every 5 minutes.
- Fixed Team chat messages to display better.
- Fixed Team vitals not sending properly in many situations - your health and Chakra would not send at all sometimes when it was modified.
- Fixed a bug with death where it did not prevent obtaining experience from Team.
- Updated Team GUI - [TL] was replaced with Captain and player names are drawn based on their name color.
- Saving is done every 60 seconds instead of every 300 seconds, so if the server does crash it will only roll you back a minute.
- Fixed issues with saving player data - it sometimes would roll you back by using outdated save data from another server.
- Rollbacks are gone hopefully now.
- Changed name color for Administrator and Game Master in-game.
- Increased the experience of all mobs that are trained on.
- Added a Chest NPC, they do not move and no longer can exploit certain areas that have chests such as hiding in spots NPCs will not move. They also will not level up Jutsus, we've also addressed where guards such as Shizuna can't be used by not completing the tutorial to level up Jutsus.
- Fixed a major issue with maps that caused corruption.
- Fixed an issue where the server incorrectly said a Jutsu was on cooldown when it wasn't. Jutsu types such as ranking up a Jutsu and learning a lower rank will always share the same cooldown. Although, in this case, it should not even allow you to learn it.
- Charging Chakra now sends the update to other Team members.
- The death timer has been increased to 60 seconds up from 30. This means you can remain dead longer while being revived.
- Updated the Jutsu tutorial in the starting area. It has more information and should work now. Before it did not work since the change of Jutsu ranking.
- Explosive Kunai Jutsu has been reworked. It will no longer have an AoE until rank 2, then rank 3 it will have a much larger radius when it hits a target.
- Fullscreen Mode has been adjusted. It now uses real fullscreen instead of fake fullscreen. We will add support for configuring the two later, but lower resolution is always better for this type of game where it stretches 2D artwork. You must reactivate it in the game - it is set to fake fullscreen until you press the shortcut key again or type the command.
- Escape key will erase chat text before it will remove your target. It also will no longer process anything else after erasing the chat.
- Shop right click menu has been fixed, as well as Inventory.
- Disabled the Account Manager's Reset Character functionality until next patch.
- Adjusted several messages for consumable items.
- Increased cooldown for consumable items to 5 seconds up from 3 (many cases 1 or 2 where it gave both health and Chakra), but they will give more health/Chakra. Experience consumable items will have a 1 second cooldown though.
- Consumable items all share the same cooldown now rather than one for health and another for Chakra. Also, all consumable items now give different values, allowing you to use the right consumable item for that specific situation you are in, to get the extra boost you need to stay alive or finish something off.
- Fixed an issue where shutting down a game server, did not save the player save sometimes.
- Moved the login process of checking for multiple logins to the Server Select screen. This allows you to log-in to the game from a server that you just left with 0 issues.
- Changed the name of Leaf Village Weapon Store to Tool Shop.
- Fixed some glitches with the player right click menu. As a remainder, it will only draw when mouse is held down and not clicked. Releasing the mouse button (right) will not activate a hovered option on purpose.
- Ping of client is used when seeing if another event chat message is on the way, temporary fix to address issue where players move and then just stuck.
- Trading has been fixed - since last patch, just wanted to let everyone know and quit telling me it is broken.
- Fixed Apply Bandages Technique to stack and should no longer glitch when traded.
- Renamed Hidden Lair to Snake Lair.
- The door in Snake Lair should require 100 Snake Venom to enter.
- Fixed bug with right click menu not displaying the right color for players who had PvP Mode on or were a Ninja Killer.
- Increased server shutdown time to 5 minutes up from 30 seconds.
- Added more Samurai to Forest Ledge.
- Got rid of Scroll Boxes outside of Snake Lair.
- Added more Scroll Boxes inside of Snake Lair.
- Agility increases cast speed.
- Misc. changes and improvements.
We are aware of Clone bug and many other problems such as Team GUI glitching out - as well as healing Jutsus not leveling when used on other players. Wait til next patch!
Patch Notes 1.5.0 10/27/2015
More improvements to the game, this is the biggest patch since Open Alpha launch.
- Fixed a bug with leveling up Jutsus just by casting them such as projectiles or casting them on a player or friendly NPC.
- Improved performance for saving players and optimizations to reduce relog time.
- You can no longer log-in while your account is saving.
- You can log-in now while you are still logged in, but if you select a different server it will say you are still logged in.
- Any old existing saves will be purged when a new one is sent to save by the game server.
- Rollback issues resolved.
- Removed PvP Timer for map transfers.
- Improvements to Authentication Server queuing for social media login.
- Added new staff ranks and Moderator to the authentication server with different name colors and permission sets.
- Name color adjustments for many ranks and Ninja Killer is easier to see. It uses the same RGB as Chat.
- Bug fix with various paperdoll items showing hair when facing up.
- Max level Jutsus no longer gain experience under rare circumstances.
- Healing Jutsus can now level up. They must be casted on a player that has damaged health and will gain experience per tick.
- Fixed a bug where pressing Alt (self cast) would display the target blip over your character.
- Fixed bug with textures not reloading properly resulting in white glitches on the screen.
- Pick up multiple items displays the correct amount you have picked up.
- Added Explode to various Jutsus, where they explode when they hit a target and do not use area of effect until they explode. This is still a work in progress and may not work properly!
- Fixed typos that used spells instead of Jutsus in some text.
- You can no longer learn Jutsus of the same type aka a Jutsu of a lower rank cannot be learned if you have a higher rank one already learned. You will not be able to level up Jutsus anymore if you have more than one of them, and they share Cooldowns meaning exploiting is no longer possible .
- Kunai left and right animations aligned better.
- Updated /commands.
- Possible bug fix with party and experience not being awarded correctly. These bugs may still exist, only time will tell.
- Removed the disabled prompt for Friends Window, it still may have bugs though!
- Bug fix with movement under rare circumstances moving you without pressing any buttons.
- New Server images.
- Fixed experience amount given by a mob under some cases it was extremely high.
- Added a max length for username/email address to 30 up from 20 while logging in for long email addresses.
There's still a lot we're going to do, there's just so much to do that we can only do it one step at a time.
Thanks for your patience. We're aware of clones and many other bugs, this game is still in early stages and there's so much we can do at once. If we do it all at once, you won't get to play the game for a long time.
If we get enough support, we will buy an American Dedicated Server and keep the Hawk server for Canada.