1.9.2 Patch Notes 04/30/2016
This is mostly a bug fix and balance improvement to the game. We also have updated art for some Cash Shop items and added a new area for Chunin players as well as one new Cash Shop item.
- FPS boosted massively, huge optimizations.
- The PvP button should no longer get stuck on.
- Loading time improved.
- Fixed lighting and tint.
- Fixed messages appearing about having a Jutsu already when casting.
- Paperdoll should no longer disappear on edge of maps.
- Fixed crashes with game servers.
- Fixed bugs with loot sometimes disappearing if the player who did most damage logged out same for experience. It will now always go to someone, if they log out, it will go to the last person who attacked it.
- Made clones and invisibility take target off better from players.
- You can move while using pills and Jutsu item casts without being desynced.
- Added Jonin Standby Station - a new area for Chunins and above which can be found in Leaf Village next to Hokage building entrance. War Armor and Flak Jacket can be bought here.
- Added a Teal Fox Hoodie in Cash Shop.
- Taijutsu damage scaling has been changed to use the same formula for their melee attacks and their Jutsus.
- Buffed Taijutsu melee damage since last patch.
- Sexy No Jutsu has been updated to keep the current hairstyle when switching genders.
- Shark Bomb has been fixed.
- Lightning Current now has a 1 second end cast duration and rank 3 requires a 1 second cast.
- New icon for some items - Sexy No Jutsu and Skin Color Dye.
- Animations from items now lock onto you.
- Added where the seconds left to use the item on cooldown will display in the message.
- Chat Bubble lasts 10 seconds instead of 5.
- Buffs support range.
Patch Notes 1.9.1 04/27/2016
This is mostly a bug fix and balance improvement to the game. We also have a new area inside Leaf Village and additional Cash Shop items.
- Improved login to be more reliable and quicker.
- Fixed issues with player not being removed from target if they summoned clones.
- Fixed issues with PvP button not being able to be turned off.
- Fixed issues with inputs not clearing causing you to move on your own for some users.
- Fixed items disappearing after 60 seconds from other players.
- Fixed paperdoll drawing bugs in Shop and Character Window.
- Fixed Buffs altering stats and corrupting them. This was causing stats to be reset upon login as well as when dying.
- Fixed dyes and sprite updating packets not sending the new hair color to the entire map.
- Fixed clipping issues with paperdoll on edge of map.
- Fixed casting bar not displaying correctly.
- Cloak of Invisibility now displays an animation after use.
- Fixed getting stuck bug with knockbacks.
- You can no longer cast Jutsus on the dead.
- Fixed crash with reviving yourself.
- Added Leaf Village Inn area.
- Added Skin Dye item to Cash Shop.
- Added Gender Change item to Cash Shop.
- Stun reduction with Lightning Spear and Lightning Current down to 1s instead of 2s.
- Earth Pillar cast time reduced to 1-1-1 down from 3-3-2 and rebalanced.
- Cooldown for Wind Barrage changed from 120-10-10 to 12-11-10.
- Revive cooldown reduced from 10-9-6 to 10-8-6.
- Flame Shuriken level changed from 30 to 25.
- Slashing Tornado rank 2 casting time has been increased to 3 and cooldown has been increased from 7 to 12.
- Explosive Kunai now has a 3 by 3 AoE radius as well as the explosion effect which can reach 9 by 9 radius if it hits 3 different targets.
- Explosive Kunai now has a 12-11-10 second cooldown and 20 cost in Chakra.
- PvP allows regen of health.
- Fixed many mapping errors.
1st Chunin Exams Recap 04/23/2016
Thank you for participating in and watching the first ever Nin Online Chunin Exams! The event was a success with a total of 16 teams of 3 participating as Genins and 240 unique viewers tuning in to our live stream of the event on Twitch.
However, the Chunin Exams was riddled with contempt for the Hokage who had put in many twists to the Examinations that some of the Genins viewed as unfair. With the current circumstances, it does seem like an uprising against the Hokage is brewing in the midst, will the contempt subside or will it escalate into something more sinister... only time will tell.
If you missed it, don't worry, the full stream is available to watch on our Youtube channel.
This will be one of the key monthly events held for role-play purposes. Genins who pass this stage will be granted permanent Chunin Rank and will participate in the role-play aspect of Nin Online with their given rank!
Congratulations to the first 2 ninjas to promote to Chunin Rank.
@Indra & @BrokenInside
Remember that everything that happens during the role-play event is meant for the purpose of role-play, and while I am very glad that everyone is dedicated to the game and willing to go through great lengths for it. Do note that Chunin Rank and other future events like Elections and Diplomacy are purely for role-play and do not provide you with any combat incentives. So I hope everyone understands why decisions being made are not as structured and fair as a truly PvP event would be held. Play nice!
Also, to address some concerns about the balance of the game, unfortunately, as much of the content is not complete while we're in alpha and beta stages, we still have to run our events and allow players to promote past Genin rank. This is part of phasing into running the game as a service and giving the players the full experience of Nin Online. If we do not start now, and we wait till everything is balanced it will be years before we have both our gameplay and roleplay systems running simultaneously. Now is as good a time as any to start working on our roleplay aspects!
Now that our first Chunin Exams is over, the develop focus is being shifted to development of the Sand Village.
There's much more planned and being created as we speak, but rest assured! This is just the beginning!
Patch Notes 1.9.0 04/22/2016
Another exciting patch notes for you all, we had to postpone the Bounties and Missions to the next major patch. Sorry guys! We're pushing out the Cash Shop in 1.9.0 and moving Bounties, Missions, and Sand Village to 1.9.5. This will enable us more time to ensure the game is ready to be wiped and transition into a beta without requiring us to wipe two times. We are not going to wipe again following the launch of the Sand Village. We will continue to add more villages during beta and this will allow you to keep making new characters to try out the new content or reset your main one. We typically are pretty open about leveling and trying out the game, constantly wiping players is something we try not to do unless we have to. We also are trying to make this experience as fun as possible for the testers involved, testers help us find bugs and improve the game and make it capable of being launched successfully.
As a side note, any content we've been working on that has bugs should also be fixed. We don't say these bugs have been fixed in Patch Notes since they are new content and were not perfect when added before the unveil of the actual Patch Notes.
- Many mapping errors have been corrected.
- Fixed Substitution level to 1, it had been 0 - disallowing it to be leveled up.
- Fixed the client window not being focused correctly, resulting in interface sounds playing when hovering even when the window wasn't on top.
- Fixed the tutorial in Leaf Village part of the Fighting test, where you could complete it before being killed by Satoshi Clone.
- Fixed duplicate command being displayed in /help.
- Fixed game server and Authentication Server crashes.
- Fixed remaining logged in and various saving/rollback issues.
- Fixed PvP Mode would not keep you logged in for 30 seconds like when you are a Ninja Killer.
- Fixed issues where you were unable to move when talking to certain NPCs in the tutorial.
- Fixed issues with shop forcing you back to the shop location after being closed.
- Fixed name of the Fighting map in the tutorial to display the correct roman numeral, they were backwards.
- Changes to client to possibly resolve some ActiveX issues.
- Events should no longer bug up or cause you to unable to move or process.
- Events will stop you from moving sooner, preventing glitches or moving you back to an earlier spot.
- The drawing of the health bar in the target window was off by 1 pixel, it is now aligned.
1st Chunin Exam 04/14/2016
It's my great pleasure to announce that we will be holding our first ever Chunin Exams on the 23 April 2016!
In conjunction with this great event, we will be holding a party to celebrate our progress in developing Nin Online for an hour prior. This party will be a meet & greet session with the developers held in the Marketplace in the Leaf Village.
First Chunin Exams details
The event registration will take place at 1pm EST on 23 April and the entire event will commence at 2pm EST. It may last anywhere between 1 - 4 hours depending on how far our Genins make it. Participants are expected to stay throughout the event.
You are to form your own teams of 3 before or during the registration phase.
Academy Students are not allowed to participate, please promote to Genin rank if you want to participate.
Entry fee for each team is 30,000 Ryo, prepare to hand over the in-game currency to the GM during the registration phase.
As only Leaf Village is available in this version of the game, the Chunin Exam will be held in the Leaf Village, as such, all stages will be in the format of what you may expect from the Leaf.
There may or may not be winners who promote to Chunin Rank in this 1st Chunin Exam. However, if somebody does end up promoting, the rank will carry forward indefinitely into the Beta phase and beyond.
Rules & Regulations
In order to run the event smoothly, you cooperation is required, as such, rule breakers will be kicked from the event which may result in his/her entire team's disqualification.
Stay in character
Unless you need to ask a serious question, stay in character during your crucial times.
Remain online and active
If you choose to go AFK and you miss your calling, we will not wait for you.
If you disconnect, quickly reconnect and inform a GM.
Follow instructions of GMs
The GMs and myself will be giving instructions to follow throughout the event.
Do not spam the chatbox unnecessarily. You may cheer for other players, but not excessively.
This is courtesy as our GMs will be giving instructions, flooding the chatbox will make it hard for others.
Watching the Chunin Events Live
We will be streaming the event Live on our Twitch channel, there may or may not be live commentary. There will also be a highlights video posted on our YouTube channel after.
We will be holding a party 1 hour before the registration phase of the Chunin Exams, at 12pm EST. This will be a meet and greet session with the developers and a chance for you to form your teams with online players if you haven't already done so.
The party event will be held at the Marketplace, located at the North-east province of the Leaf Village.
Thanks again for supporting Nin Online and we hope to see you at the first ever Chunin Exams!
This is going to be a very tricky one. Be on your toes.
- Stay in character