Boruto EP1-39 Opinions [Spoilers]

Ueda

Spent the Christmas and new year period catching up on Boruto anime. It was really fun, and I have some opinions on it. Would love to hear everyone elses opinions too.

I realized that the original series didn't really show much of the academy, and it sorta ended in a few episodes. The exams seemed to be just finishing something basic like being able to create a clone. Which at first seemed really wrong to me. But then I thought about it more, they actually have the "cheat to pass the test" test in the academy instead of Chunin exam, so in a way, the whole syllabus in the academy seems to be a higher level and expectation than during Naruto's time. It makes sense, considering they are no longer at war, the village doesn't need to quickly ready ninja as Genin (mission-ready ninja), so they can have a more all encompassing syllabus.  Kakashi also said this when he was testing them, he said they weren't short on ninja, and he could fail them all. The same goes for the Mist village, where they no longer try to weed out the weak ninja and make champions by making the passing exam a kill fest. Because they are no longer at war, they can afford to run it more like a normal school. It all makes sense, and I'm not sure if the writer intended this, and I'm impressed either way.

I found the entire Nue arc, and the whole Boruto exorcising people without his powers being explained really draggy and boring. Which is why I took such a long break from the show. But Stephen told me the latest episodes had good references for Mist. Somehow I think the writers just found a lot more inspiration to write the show after that arc, and every episode since then has been pure gold (also, they're following the manga a lot closer now).

My favorite episode so far was the Inojin episode.
I'm pretty optimistic for the future of Boruto from the way the series is progressing. I'm wondering how much of the new canon you guys want to see in Nin Online as well.

Man... give us something new and we will tell you how we feel about it, just add whatever you want to add and look at discord general for opinions.
I've been watching the Boruto and keeping up with it and personally I love it, yes its slow af and dragging too long but its starting to pick up the pace now with the chunin exams being over :D 

I've been watching Boruto for a while as well. Personally I feel like the beginning of the anime was very long-winded and boring. The way they've executed the start of the anime was certainly not as impactful as Naruto Part I. But on the other hand it made sense since there are so many characters in the Boruto series, it takes some time to work with every character and give them some screen time. The story finally starts to pick up the pace once the crew travels to the Mist Village. And the Genin Exam was amazing to watch.

I actually have some suggestions that I'd like to see implemented on NinOnline. For starters, I think players should spend a longer time as Academy Students as becoming a Genin should take a bit more effort. Giving them a simple written exam isn't all that challenging and it doesn't really help players work on their roleplay either. So I'd definitely would like to see Academy Students work their way up to lvl10 at least, in order to partake the Genin Exam that has a Practical Exam in it as well. 

And of course there are several jutsus that I'd love to see. Starting with Boruto's Boruto Stream. Boruto uses his shadow clones to apply a Wind Release to accelerate his dash. That jutsu is called Wind Release: Gale Palm. As the original host is boosted forward, Boruto usually follows it up with a Lightning Release or with Taijutsu.

I've always loved the concept of the jutsu called Ninja Art: Super Beast Scroll created by Sai. Though I'm not sure how that would fit as a mastery, it could implemented as an exclusive hidden jutsu. 

And last but not least, I'd love to see that Snake Sage Mode to make an appearance on NinOnline. :D 

• Like 1

Ow, I liked how academy life was described in Boruto aswel. In my opinion it wasn't in original series simply because level of academy was lower! After Naruto became hokage he brought better education systems to Leaf. 

Personally I do like Boruto as show (even though I didn't like first episode also when Nue showed up and Naruto was like - I can't do anything! ), I like characters here aswell (Mitsuki <3). Arc with Mist was good! 

P.S. Forgot to mention that I really hate how Anko looks in Boruto zzz

• Like 1

I have been keeping up with the show mainly because of characters other than Boruto. For me it felt really draggy as I had already read most manga, and I was really excited to see Mitsuki explain to the team his backstory and family which he was about to do in the film. I also think that the film was a reason for me while the first half was slow as I just wanted them to catch up and move on. But then they released some surprisingly good "arcs" I believe its called, such as the Hidden Mist story, where I was really happy to see that The Hidden Mist was able to collect all the seven swordsman weapons again (idk, it just felt good to see them in place again). I personally like Sarada's personal arc, but it could have been a bit more focused on Sarada. 

Finally I was really happy once (in the most recent episode) they finally explain Mitsuki, as I find him one of the most interesting characters. (He is also super cute)

AND how they gonna make him super smart and over power him, but in the movie he needs help passing the chuunin exam, like isn't he supposed to be all mighty and stuff.

This is what I though about the new show, I was sad to see how the modern technology was affecting the traditions of the ninja world and it goes really deep in the event of the East being forced open like an oyster by white people. I do think this movie has potential, the reason I dont think its a repetition of Naruto is because of Mitsuki and Sarada which are completely different from their counterparts (idk who (Naruto and Sakura?)).

I  REALLY, REALLY want to see Mitsuki beat them up for some reason. (you've all seen his power, dont lie he is far stronger than Boruto)