The case against punishing for PvP crimes

Ueda

Hm, I feel like this change (especially the tiles around Tanzaku) is because of me. I was blocking the entrance for hours today and someone must have reported it. 
The reason is, missings spawn there to kill lowbies. The person who most likely reported me kept respawning there and trying to get past me, so they can kill people. I know, 'cause they killed my alt twice today, and ran back to Tanzaku both times.
They kept calling people to help them fight me. They were cloaking before entering the map to try and ambush me, this is why I was trapping it, instead of just fighting them normally. It was always 2 of them and 1 of me.
I would not have a reason to trap it if Tanzaku wasn't connected directly to one of the most populated lowbie maps in Leaf. I suggest moving the entrance to South Tigers instead.
I don't understand the change, beartrap is already one of the most useless jutsus (especially for a 1v1), it's a 1 tile that can be avoided easily, people can just sub it, sub while in it, flicker out of it or just simply combo me while inside of it. The one use it has is pre-trapping maps, so people can't just cloak past you. It literally has no other use. Nobody will just walk into it if the whole passage isn't blocked. And if they do get trapped, they can just hit me.
This is the 4th time beartrap gets changed in like 2(?) months, because 1 person complains about it. May aswell delete it from the game.

The funny part about the whole story is, the person who was spawning in Tanzaku with the sole purpose of killing lowbies on the tigers map (which is a danger zone for some reason and they get free bounty there), was calling me evil and said I'm ruining his game..  Like, what?
If you don't want to get blocked, don't respawn in Tanzaku just to kill lowbies. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Ori Sasayaki said:

Hm, I feel like this change (especially the tiles around Tanzaku) is because of me. I was blocking the entrance for hours today and someone must have reported it. 
The reason is, missings spawn there to kill lowbies. The person who most likely reported me kept respawning there and trying to get past me, so they can kill people. I know, 'cause they killed my alt twice today, and ran back to Tanzaku both times.
They kept calling people to help them fight me. They were cloaking before entering the map to try and ambush me, this is why I was trapping it, instead of just fighting them normally. It was always 2 of them and 1 of me.
I would not have a reason to trap it if Tanzaku wasn't connected directly to one of the most populated lowbie maps in Leaf. I suggest moving the entrance to South Tigers instead.
I don't understand the change, beartrap is already one of the most useless jutsus (especially for a 1v1), it's a 1 tile that can be avoided easily, people can just sub it, sub while in it, flicker out of it or just simply combo me while inside of it. The one use it has is pre-trapping maps, so people can't just cloak past you. It literally has no other use. Nobody will just walk into it if the whole passage isn't blocked. And if they do get trapped, they can just hit me.
This is the 4th time beartrap gets changed in like 2(?) months, because 1 person complains about it. May aswell delete it from the game.

The funny part about the whole story is, the person who was spawning in Tanzaku with the sole purpose of killing lowbies on the tigers map (which is a danger zone for some reason and they get free bounty there), was calling me evil and said I'm ruining his game..  Like, what?
If you don't want to get blocked, don't respawn in Tanzaku just to kill lowbies. 

Nothing to do with you. Traps have been blocked around entrances for months.
This wasn't a change today.

This is exactly what this article addresses. Why we don't punish people for doing exactly what you said.
We just discourage it. And the reason why traps aren't allowed at entrances is as addressed as well.
" It is not fun to be surprised by traps when you walk into a door with no counter play possible."

And it's also mentioned in my last post how when something is fixed, people will complain.
"Solving one problem creates another."

• 2 months later...