Festival Art Contest - Weekly Community Event #5

Jessica

community_event.png

This Week's Event

We are releasing this event early, the Signature of the Week event is still going on, but since Art contests take more planning and execution, we want to give you the extra couple days to plan and then you can use this week to create your art.

"Festival Concept Pixel Art and Fanart"

Description: The very first ever Nin Online Ninja Festival will soon be upon us, and one of the biggest things about these events are obviously the events, but also the exclusive items that will come out each event. So, we wanted to give you guys a chance to draw art of either the upcoming two Dragon Festival Masks, or draw your own concepts of what you hope to get from future events (you never know, we might implement some of your ideas in the next festivals).

What you should know is, each festival has a basic theme. The Spring Festival is fire, Summer's theme is water, Autumn's theme is nature, and Winter's theme is ice/frost/snow. Use these themes to build concepts for your art, and if we like them, we might try our own version of them in the future.

Accepted Art Styles
- Drawing (please make sure the photocopy of the image is clearly visible)
- Digital (any digital means to create art)
- Pixel (you can create your own versions of the art in pixel form, but if you want the Nin Online base sprite, check here)

To enter, please follow the following format:

Title of Entry: 
Festival: (Spring/Summer/Autumn/Winter)

insert your art here

Important: Breaking the plagiarism rule will disqualify you permanently from any artistic contest. We WILL be checking!

Your art MUST be based on the Festival themes.

General Rules

• Post your entry in this thread by making a reply.
  • You are only allowed to do 1 submission per week.
  • Your entry should be 100% your own work. Plagiarism is very serious, you will be disqualified and warned.
  • You may use any form of art to express your entry (specifically for art-related events).
  • Your entry MUST have content related to Nin Online. Whether it be characters, symbols, logos, community relation, or anything. Just make sure it is related to Nin Online!
  • Your entry may not contain any offensive or rude comments or imagery. The entry should follow all community guidelines found here.
  • In the event one of our prizes is a Gold Ninja Rank, Gold and Silver Ninja will not be eligible for those prizes for obvious reasons, but may still attempt for other prizes.
  • Your entry should look like you put a bit of effort into it. (Stickmen, messy and quick sketches, etc.) (specifically for art-related events)
  • Should a tie occur between submissions, all who tied will split the winnings.

Prizes

• 25 Event Coupons
  • 15 Event Coupons
  • 10 Event Coupons

Special Dates

• Entries begin immediately.
  • Entries will close on Sunday at 12:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time.
  • Prizes & Winners will be announced Monday at 1:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time with the announcement of the next event.

Last Week's Winners
Congratulations to last week's winners, you may find the announcement for that: here.

Good Luck,
Jessica

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CiroKurbaki said:

Water aura.kraSummer festival item-Water aura 

Uses-dragged onto a weapon such as a fan or sword and will envelope it in a blue aura/can be used like like a consumable and creates a blue aura around the player.

I used the format of a world blessing cause I couldn't think of a suitable icon :P

Can you make your file a PNG or JPEG?

Deadly Ram Outfit
Festival: Summer

ram.png.754eacb8d9e3cbb7a1abf903abd10f42.png

Since the first released seasonal festival item was a dragon mask, I wanted to keep the theme going; the design of these masks is based on the skull of a ram, which wikipedia tells me is one of the animals from the Chinese zodiac associated with summer. And they're skulls... because.

The outfit on the left has more summery colors, while the outfit on the right is supposed to be more watery. The mask is unisex while the coat fits the female base.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Opal Hozuki said:

Deadly Ram Outfit

Since the first released seasonal festival item was a dragon mask, I wanted to keep the theme going; the design of these masks is based on the skull of a ram, which wikipedia tells me is one of the animals from the Chinese zodiac associated with summer. And they're skulls... because.

The outfit on the left has more summery colors, while the outfit on the right is supposed to be more watery. The mask is unisex while the coat fits the female base.

i dont care what y'all say this deserves first place period.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Opal Hozuki said:

Deadly Ram Outfit

yeah lol definitely first place