Bank and Right Click Menu

Seth

Seth and Abhi's Development Log #5
Bank and Right Click Menu

Introduction
We're working on many new updates for the next alpha, but our first reveal is the Bank System and the addition of the Right Click Menu. The Right Click Menu is a way to drop or use an item with a new part of the interface rather than just the mouse. Instead of this, you are being given the choice what to do by being able to select what you want to do with the item.

Demonstrations
The below illustrations showcase both the Right Click Menu and the Bank System.

The Right Click Menu
lHDnNrQ.png 6gI8i2O.png

The Bank
5J77gCr.png

Right Click Menu
This system will be applied to all items in the game, you just have to right click them to utilize it. As many of our testers may know, this system is also available when right clicking players. We plan to add more support for these type of interactions to make the experience as simplistic as possible for new players to pickup. There may eventually be support added for Jutsus/items on the map as well.

Bank
This system is useful for storing your prized possessions that you wish to keep but not inside of your inventory. Essentially, you will be given a set amount of storage spaces in your Bank. Items that are stackable which show a number next to them will all go in one slot, whereas items like equipment will take up one slot for each unique one. For example, if an item is identical to another it will use the same slot, but if it has different stats on it then it will use multiple ones.

More information about the Bank will be provided in a later Development Log.

• Like 13

Who would have thought that one of Sipher's suggestions to Seth last week would actually work to improve public relations. It's almost like when he makes a suggestion it works, what an asshole.

We've been aiming for this dev blog ever since the last close alpha. Everything is preplanned on what is to be done and how it is to be presented. 

Who would have thought that one of Sipher's suggestions to Seth last week would actually work to improve public relations. It's almost like when he makes a suggestion it works, what an asshole.

I do not need criticism about my public relations expertise. It's good that you are trying to help, but telling me how to do my job is quite rude. Also, everything you told me is fairly common sense when managing a community. There's hurtles that we have to overcome first before releasing updates again. Now that the hurtle has been overcome, we are pouring out updates.
  • Like 2

This is wonderful, but I have a question. A while back I created a thread in which I detailed the possibility of players specializing in a trade to establish powerful positions for themselves within the game world. What are my chances of becoming the biggest banker in Nin and keeping a stranglehold on every other player without even having to take part in combat?

• Like 1

This is wonderful, but I have a question. A while back I created a thread in which I detailed the possibility of players specializing in a trade to establish powerful positions for themselves within the game world. What are my chances of becoming the biggest banker in Nin and keeping a stranglehold on every other player without even having to take part in combat?

This sounds so much like Log Horizon, and I like it.

What are my chances of becoming the biggest banker in Nin and keeping a stranglehold on every other player without even having to take part in combat?

I don't like having a person responsible for an economic part of the game. There's better ways to do it such as a making an AI that handles and monitors the actions we want them to.

I don't like having a person responsible for an economic part of the game. There's better ways to do it such as a making an AI that handles and monitors the actions we want them to.

Player run economic system  > Ai run one

Just my opinion 

• Like 2

Player run economic system  > Ai run one Just my opinion

I'm not saying to control everything in the economy with an AI. My point was that I don't want bankers or influences on the economy from staff or players when they are granted special powers such as being able to make loans. This can lead to corruption of the game or distortion of its economy. The game's economy will be a free market - there will be no values set or controlled by an AI. If we do a bank interest or loan system which I highly doubt we will, then it would be done from an AI. I imagine that player shops are what you are talking about. That is something for the future though.