Where are you now?

Stephen

I noticed as of recently that I haven't posted anything on these forums in well over half of a year, the momentum of the development died down for a bit when Rory went off to fulfill his Military Requirements and everyone seemed to lose a bit of interest with the closing of the Open Alpha Phase. Of course this isn't to say that there won't be another section of Alpha Testing or not, but as myself only being a normal member I can't even comment on such things that the staff would be able to accurately address...

Well! The point of this topic is to let you guys know what exactly I've been up to in my absence and where this leave my "Gold Member Donation" competitions and random 'Nin Buck' giveaways *SPOILER*...  As of a month ago, I have enlisted myself within the Army of the United States. This is to further aid myself in the departments of discipline and to serve the country that I grew to know as the land of 'Free' and home of the 'Crepes'. Just kidding but I seriously did enlist with full intent on completing a 20 year commitment, with a decent shot of commissioning.

This will not only double the monthly membership donations but will allow for my to give away packages of around $10 'Nin Bucks' per 14 days... You need not concern yourselves with that as of yet considering I still have quite a ways to go before I can actually call myself a Soldier.

Now I leave you with this Question... Where are you now?

Super Stoked,

Yoshimitsu

I feel you are a little over committed to an unfinished game that has been resurrected several times in almost a decade. While there's certainly nothing wrong with being excited for the game and helping support it, you have to be ready for the possibility of it never being released. I recommend not giving handouts until after the game has actually gone live. There are greater issues with development than Rory going off to do push-ups in the dirt, but that's up to the devs to straighten out.

You need to find yourself a girl, brother.

• Like 2

I feel you are a little over committed to an unfinished game that has been resurrected several times in almost a decade. While there's certainly nothing wrong with being excited for the game and helping support it, you have to be ready for the possibility of it never being released. I recommend not giving handouts until after the game has actually gone live. There are greater issues with development than Rory going off to do push-ups in the dirt, but that's up to the devs to straighten out.

You need to find yourself a girl, brother.

I might be over committed, hell I might even be insane. However, I'm sure the devs can handle anything that's thrown at them if they don't make the mistake of letting negativity and impossibility cloud their minds. 

What's a few bucks to a project I've followed since I was a pre-teen though :p

I go to highschool so I'm studying hard and pretty busy with extra activities I do after school. Currently on a vacation which will end Sunday. Playing Gta and watching anime I suppose. Nothing interesting or big going on in my life. 

Hopefully there wont be any major conflicts in the next 20 years, 

You can always count on Americans to do the right thing – after they’ve tried everything else.

on topic, nice to see you again i'll stay out of these "challenges" since i seem to win them all

• Like 1

Do not become a puppet for a country that doesn't care about its people. The army is not some Ninja Academy recruitment fantasy. I was in a similar situation until I came to my senses. You're signing your life to away to them. They technically own your freedom. Slavery, just in a concealed manner.

By all means fight for ''Your'' country, pursue what makes you happy. But take family and friends into consideration if the worst befalls you; as you're prancing around on the battle field killing innocent people.

I'm working, attending gym and living a repetitive life.

Do not become a puppet for a country that doesn't care about its people. The army is not some Ninja Academy recruitment fantasy. I was in a similar situation until I came to my senses. You're signing your life to away to them. They technically own your freedom. Slavery, just in a concealed manner.

By all means fight for ''Your'' country, pursue what makes you happy. But take family and friends into consideration if the worst befalls you; as you're prancing around on the battle field killing innocent people.

I'm working, attending gym and living a repetitive life.

Lol you remind me of paranoid conspiracy theorist. 

How old are you and what field are you working in, if you don't mind answering.

It doesn't really matter how many resources development have access to when you don't have a project owner in place.

Without someone there to make calls on design decisions on a day-to-day basis things will run at a crawl. There's a reason projects like Starbound move everyone to the same time zone.

When you couple that with the fact that the people with the most experience on the team are working full time jobs and juggling other responsibilities you don't have much common time between America/Europe/Asia where conversations can take place.

When a project is in this situation throwing more junior developers in will do nothing but cause more problems as mentoring these people requires even more work than just doing the job yourself.

Not having Rory in place to deal with this is definitely a problem, however don't assume that things will progress quickly even with him dedicating more time to the project.

Previous projects I've worked on have been in development for an average of 2 years before being released, and that's with me handling all project ownership responsibilities with very little distraction.

• Like 1

I noticed as of recently that I haven't posted anything on these forums in well over half of a year, the momentum of the development died down for a bit when Rory went off to fulfill his Military Requirements and everyone seemed to lose a bit of interest with the closing of the Open Alpha Phase. Of course this isn't to say that there won't be another section of Alpha Testing or not, but as myself only being a normal member I can't even comment on such things that the staff would be able to accurately address...

Well! The point of this topic is to let you guys know what exactly I've been up to in my absence and where this leave my "Gold Member Donation" competitions and random 'Nin Buck' giveaways *SPOILER*...  As of a month ago, I have enlisted myself within the Army of the United States. This is to further aid myself in the departments of discipline and to serve the country that I grew to know as the land of 'Free' and home of the 'Crepes'. Just kidding but I seriously did enlist with full intent on completing a 20 year commitment, with a decent shot of commissioning.

This will not only double the monthly membership donations but will allow for my to give away packages of around $10 'Nin Bucks' per 14 days... You need not concern yourselves with that as of yet considering I still have quite a ways to go before I can actually call myself a Soldier.

Now I leave you with this Question... Where are you now?

Super Stoked,

Yoshimitsu

I'm back now. Don't worry, the devs are motivated now.

• Like 1