More Jutsus!

Ueda

qlBw1lX.png

Rory's Development Log #16
Lightning Current Technique

Dear Shinobi,

Today I worked on the technique animation for Lightning Current Technique aka. Chidori Nagashi.
In the past few days, I've worked on a lot of random techniques and their art, and spent some time to implement the Earth Techniques done by Kimi a long time ago.

Lightning Current Technique
FT7hKqg.png

FIXax9O.gif

AoE Lightning Technique which deals damage to all enemies in it's 3 tile radius.

Poison Cloud Technique Again
Zql480I.png

nz5Xv2p.gif

I've smoothed out the Poison Cloud Technique animation with more frames at the start, and I've improved the overall look by cleaning up the pixels. It's now working in-game!

Rock Pillar Prison Technique
CfJqWas.png

VWf3vcC.gif

This technique was done by @Kimi awhile back, but it's finally been implemented!
It stuns the enemy for a brief while to open him/her to attacks.

Earth Stump Technique
qFi2w0H.png

0pN8zgK.gif

Another technique by Kimi, this is the Earth Stump Technique, a targeted damage attack.

Special Weapon Techniques

y5Jbknk.gif

These are 3 special techniques that utilize ninja tools as ammunition.

Poison Senbons (Medical)
h0szZT3.png

Explosive Kunai (Weapon)
lyy9vqy.png

Wind Shurikens (Wind)
Holdkjt.png

That's all for today! Look forward to more exciting Jutsus from me soon.

Regards,
Rory

• Like 13

God damn Rory. Behave yourself!

Something i've noticed though. It doesn't seem like the characters have a "got hit" animation. They just stand there like nothing happened when taking damage. Not much of a big deal but I think it would be really nice if characters flinched or something when taking hits.

• Like 10

Everything is good, I would just like to suggest to make some of the rock techniques more grayish, cuz at a first glance it looks like wood, especially the pillar one

Posted Image

There's going to be a clear difference! Don't worry :)

God damn Rory. Behave yourself!

Something i've noticed though. It doesn't seem like the characters have a "got hit" animation. They just stand there like nothing happened when taking damage. Not much of a big deal but I think it would be really nice if characters flinched or something when taking hits.

This.

Weird, I don't remember Rory making another Development log on the 20th... Guess it was overlapped by another one.

Anyways great work, and wouldn't it be cool if the earth stump pushed the enemy upward(using the jump code files) or another technique that can either uplift your character and or enemy?

And to what kratos is saying, I believe you mean a knockback feature and I think Rory spoke about implanting it. Not sure, I know someone did.

Weird, I don't remember Rory making another Development log on the 20th... Guess it was overlapped by another one.

Anyways great work, and wouldn't it be cool if the earth stump pushed the enemy upward(using the jump code files) or another technique that can either uplift your character and or enemy?

And to what kratos is saying, I believe you mean a knockback feature and I think Rory spoke about implanting it. Not sure, I know someone did.

Not really a knock back but an icon showing you are hurt. Know how when you play fighting games and your character takes a hit they will close thier eyes in pain or flinch? Something like that

• Like 1

Not really a knock back but an icon showing you are hurt. Know how when you play fighting games and your character takes a hit they will close thier eyes in pain or flinch? Something like that

We'll do that, I suggested it to Rory already (eye part not icon). Instead of adding a hit animation frame for all the characters which is a lot of work.