Katon Karyuudan

Fernando

Fer's 1st Development Log
Katon Karyuudan no Jutsu (Fire Style, Fire Dragon Awakening)

Dear shinobi, I bring you my very first development log, announcing this very little update, hoping you all like it.

My latest contributions in the game are the Akatsuki Cloak fully animated and the Fire Dragon Jutsu, along with some customizations, but I didn't feel like showing it in this development log.

Katon Karyuudan technique

Z5mNhKz.gif

EfRVnZn.gif

xpN5NKH.gif

I'd like to thank and credit Elk, for making the North state sprite for this skill, and Rory for spending 3 whole days animating the Jutsu as well as the Akatsuki cloak.

That's all from me for today, thank you for reading.

• Like 26

Great job, Fer!

The cloaks look neat.

The animation for the jutsu is cool, too bad you can't see too well the head of the dragon. Partly because of the speed, so not your fault.

Also, there's a moment when you pass near the rock, we can't see your head, which doesn't feel right since the rock should be behind you...

And is it me or are you using a teleportation tehnique? ><

Edit : smooth edits, Rory and Seth! 3 whole days on aniations, wow! 

@, yeah, it's not really possible to fix that rock's density since you can't put density into the exact shape of the sprite, so if it's 1 tile density, anything out that tile will probably be walkable on/under. Check the Body flicker technique DevBlog ;).

@, You bring tears to my eyes (in a good way).

@Fernando OK, will there be many of these "rocks" in the game ? And yeah, i know about the body flicker, just thought it was something else since there's usually the name appearing in blue when using a jutsu and didn't see one here ;) Anyway, nice work, once again!

Yes, there will probably be, but they don't stop you from moving or anything, besides, I don't think your passtime will be walking on rocks to check if you can go through them or not, right? It is something else, it is the dev team teleport, sadly, the actual jutsu does not work that way.