OMG thank you iv been looking for a good easy program, thx this will do. :D

No problem, just make sure to use /admin to open the admin panel. :)

1.2.1a released! This is the last update. I know I've said this a million times, but any bugs reported are not being fixed from here on out. I am tired of giving support for something which is not worth my time anymore.

OMG thank you iv been looking for a good easy program, thx this will do. :D

Though EW is very well made and it provides a lot of features you would need In a game already in the engine. Extendebility will take a lot of work.

Far far more than Byond for example.

What are the odds!!

And no it doesn't use EW. It uses another engine that was made by Brandon

You play(ed) it? (if you have, I need help setting it up...I get errors) Installing it, it shows the the eclipse runtime installation just like Nin did.

dfe078fad2c37f74fd4fab23d3d82074.png

You play(ed) it? (if you have, I need help setting it up...I get errors) Installing it, it shows the the eclipse runtime installation just like Nin did.

I don't play it. I'm the one programming for the dude. :p

You don't need to install the run-time files if you have already done it for Nin Online. They all use the same run time files. 

For anyfurther help PM me. Don't spam on this topic please. 

Edit: Damn. Seth beat me to it!!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
New License
The engine is now under GPL license. This means you cannot change the license, but you may make any game you wish with it as long as you do not redistribute the engine elsewhere such as a forum or community not to people who work on your game obviously. The engine is the form of the uncompiled form, if you compile the engine you may redistribute it to your players anywhere you wish.

Credits
I've updated the credits also with all the contributors of the engine going back 4 years. This engine has been worked on/off for around the time of Robin's Amazing Package (another engine). I just picked it back up and finished it about a year ago. Although, a work is never truly finished, but when the time where the work put in no longer has considerable results, then you of course just stop working on it. ;)

Other News
IndieDB page launched!

New update coming soon, check the changelog for the complete plans of it...
  • Like 1

1.2.3 is now live to download!

• Added where mouse movement input disabled while not in game.
  • Removed minimap code.
  • Added where check input keys work while event window is focused.
  • Added where check attack and movement doesn't work while main window is not focused.
  • Fixed the bug with random box being too small in NPC editor.
  • Possible bug fix for sounds being stopped when they didn't exist, likely caused glitches when stopping sounds.
  • Added where map transfers do not work if same map.
  • Improved the client-side logic for checking whether to request a new map.
  • Upgraded DirectX8 Core to include timers and such.
  • All textures are no longer loaded, it will only load the ones it needs at the time and important ones/much faster loading of client.
  • Added a Load Textures button in the Admin Panel for reloading textures and command /loadtextures.
  • The engine is now under the license GPL (all previous versions were Public Domain).
  • Updated Credits text file.
  • Improved stop music functionality to not stop until map editor is completely closed/bug fixes.
  • Unload form bug fixes with map properties.
  • Bug fixes with character editor and will delete charlist.txt names that are invalid.
  • Bug fix with logout alert message to not clear client correctly such as closing editors.
  • Bug fix with not unloading character editor upon logout.
  • Fixed Legends of Arteix displaying in some instances of message boxes rather than Eclipse Worlds.
  • Misc. changes.

1.2.4 is now live. This should be the first time the engine is somewhat stable. The only thing really left to do is fix quests and NPC spells/maybe a few other things I missed. 

• Removed load UI from appearing after game has loaded.
  • Fixed overflow issue with x/y offset for long debugging in source.
  • Fixed map transfer bug.
  • Added where map editor closes/etc. when you transfer map.
  • Disabled the bank auto update items for now.
  • Equip is no longer stackable.
  • Drop amount if greater than you have will just drop your max amount.
  • Bug fixes with logout.
  • Bank is properly cleared on logout.
  • Fixed update player items/rewrote a lot of it.
  • Fixed several item spawner errors.
  • Bug fixes with music playing and stopping for menu.
  • Fixed stackable items for item spawner.
  • Fixed several errors with server.
  • Fixed bugs with spawning items in stacks and improved give item to support stacks.
  • Removed error label on admin panel.
  • Removed status in admin panel.
  • Fixed bug with not clearing client details for sure this time upon logout...
  • Using items now takes the inv slot you click rather than a random one.
  • Bug fix with take item to not take all items from inventory when used (consumable items do not take entire stack when used if stackable).
  • Error fix with send data.
  • Client can now use consumable items if stacked is checked.
  • Cleanup of redundant code and bug fixes with audio engine errors (ActiveX mismatch).
  • Music bug fixes.
  • Optimized the saving of accounts such as no longer saving each time bank is modified.
  • Fixed bank rendered text for stacked items to be shown correctly.
  • Updated logo icon for installer and added a new dependency installer with Eclipse Worlds branding.
  • Updated the installer registering.
  • Maybe fixed issue with some people getting errors when opening up source...
  • Misc. changes.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have a few questions about this engine. how to I get this online, how do I change the animations to that of my own? and how do I change the name of my character that is automatically set to test? sorry for the newb questions but I am in the stages of learning. even when I create a new character I do not know how to make the character owner?

when I try to edit another character account I create it doesnt show up in the admin panel and when I go to the character editor, and click on the account name to edit that way it just says this character no longer exists and has been wiped?

You need to create a new account. Go to register and enter the details then it will use the name of your account as the name. To make it online, just give people your IP and make sure the port is open, and make sure to give them the client with the updated config.ini with your IP - do not save your password in the config.ini or they will be able to log-in with your account. The port can be found by viewing the titlebar of the server.

You must refresh the admin panel to see new people that are logged in, and it will only display people that are logged in. The functionality of editing people offline is only available in the character editor.

thank you very much. I just have 1 last question. I am trying to add in my own pixel art. I obviously cant use other peoples work that eclipse world already came with. How do I add in my own animations? where do I place them so they show up In game? Thank you for your help

what programming language is this engine coded in?

I just have 1 last question. I am trying to add in my own pixel art.

You just replace the files like you would with anything.

• You open the Eclipse Worlds folder, if you used the installer you right click the shortcut and click Open File Location.
  • Next, you open the data files folder.
  • Within this folder, there are many different folders, and each one is for a different editor/asset type - just look through them and figure it out.

what programming language is this engine coded in?

Visual Basic 6.