Social Network Login

Abhi

Dear Ninja,
It's been more than a year since my last Development log. I usually refrain from writing one of these since I'm really bad this. But due to the long blackout of information here I thought why not..

Introduction
For the last few months we haven't told you anything about the progress of the game. We've not written any dev logs nor have we shown any proof of work being done and on behalf of the entire Nin team I'd like to apologize for this. I hope this Dev log is one of the many to come within the next few weeks. 

Preview

HpZbaLK.png

We added in Facebook, Google and Twitter login to the forum but we didn't have Social Network Login implemented into the game. Due to this many people who registered through their social network account couldn't login to the game during tests without tweaking at their account settings. Social Network Connection was in our list but we didn't prioratize it enough. During this long break I finally got some time to implement this into the game. You can now login without having to enter in through Facebook or Google or even Twitter.

Conclusion
This may not seem much of a big update but at least it's something. Many of you complain that we aren't do any work but you've got to understand that our team is a team of mainly just 2 programmers, Seth and me. Seth is usually the only person who works on the game like almost everyday. All the negative feedback puts a lot of stress on him and the more the stress the less he works.

I hope you guys don't stress him out too much your you can Nin Online, goodbye. :p

Regards,
Abhi2011

• Like 7

when the game will come back online we have been waiting for so long

The game went through a period of rest. This happens on volunteer projects all the time. It's hard on the people who work to keep going for such a long of period of time. It has a lot of stress involved such as deadlines and expectations that must be met.

The game will open when it is ready. That's our new motto, anyway it will undergo another Early Access test before going into Open Alpha.

good work

btw ,seth I remember you said something abut a big dev log when it will come out (no pressure just curious)

This development log is the first of many. I will be doing mine next. We've just been at bay lately and will soon return at full force.

• Like 1

You could have helped the others with the actual game so we won't have to be waiting so long for that huge dev log.....

There aren't any others. It's just me and Seth and we take two different parts of the game development. He does all the front end stuff  of the game (The stuff which is seen by you guys) and I do the back end stuff. 

Good job Abhi, but honestly, was this that important? You could have helped the others with the actual game so we won't have to be waiting so long for that huge dev log.....

#ungrateful but seriously you should take what you get. This is great even if its small because in game design, its the small things that add up.

Good job Abhi, but honestly, was this that important? You could have helped the others with the actual game so we won't have to be waiting so long for that huge dev log.....

It does not work that way, it's like saying that @Rory and me should work on a single spritesheet to make the development in graphics faster...