Taijutsus & Forest of Death

Ueda

v52VMFA.png

Hi Ninjas,

It's been a very long time since my last development log. One reason being that I held back making any reveals until the previous testing phase came out. During that test, a whole bunch of content was revealed such as the complete basic kits for each Elemental Mastery.

Another reason has been my long absence, this has been due to a lot of unpredictable events that has happened to me up until now. But I'm back, and I'll soon be starting to do live streams of my artwork in development again, so stay tuned!

Forest of Death Arena Exterior

1j3WJSS.png

Along with this building, an entire forest of death map has been completed, the size of the map being even larger than Leaf Village itself. This is going to be the most exciting part of the Chunnin Exams in my opinion. Players will be scattered to random points in the map with their team with one of the two Heaven Scrolls or Earth Scrolls, they will then go about battling other teams in order to get the other scroll to enter the Forest of Death Arena.

Taijutsus

R7ToEvS.png

3b0pFHy.gif

TNQUvBv.png

IypA74e.gif

These Taijutsus are currently still work in progress.

Goggles & Eye Scope

NkOlnKM.gif

HKK0GTK.gif

NPCs around Leaf Village
Fernando and I spent some time to populate Leaf Village with lively characters which each serve a different purpose. Walking around Leaf Village won't be as barren as it used to! These are just a few of them.

vCkwUxM.gif8cPQzO5.gifUAZKnCu.gifk27wQwa.gif

Look forward to more from me soon! Thanks everyone for being patient with the project.

Regards,
Rory
  • Like 21

Just be consistent. Faith in Nin can't be restored simply by one Dev Log. Everyone goes through trials and tribulations in life so focus on reality as opposed to committing yourself partially to the project. The community needs to know that they have a team of dedicated developers whom are committed to creating what they've set out to create and fulfil their promises. People have invested in this project. Be realistic with your promises for a stable ''Open testing Phase''.

That being said. Generic response; ''Great work Rory''.

Welcome back to the community.

Just be consistent. Faith in Nin can't be restored simply by one Dev Log. Everyone goes through trials and tribulations in life so focus on reality as opposed to committing.

We are working to establish ourselves as an organization, it takes time. Right now, we're a bunch of volunteers making a MMO. People donate which that money goes toward paying for that concept art you see in this Development Log, as well as software licenses and things of that nature. :)

We are doing our best to make an awesome game with hardly any funding.

• Like 1

The taijutsu skills look great. I like the feel of power behind them. The one used on the spider seems a bit iffy though. Why a crater under your character instead of one forming after landing the hit on the target itself?

Good to see you back. Any reason why your team gets lazy when you are gone? From my understanding no one seems to push much work besides Seth during your absents.

• Like 2

The taijutsu skills look great. I like the feel of power behind them. The one used on the spider seems a bit iffy though. Why a crater under your character instead of one forming after landing the hit on the target itself?

We can change that. :p These are early previews.

• Like 1

The crater forms where you leave because you create a crater where you blast off from that position. I will do a finish state which gives more impact. Also the animation is supposed to be a punch at the end but that hasn't been programmed in yet.

It's not exactly true that the others get lazy when I'm not around. Abhi and Seth have been hard at work, and so has Raphael on art.

Just Kimi and Fernando are always doing my biddings, so you don't see so much from them when I'm away ;)

• Like 1

Im getting REEAAAAAALLLLYYYY tired of seeing Ryu's negative attitude. The empathy is seriously lacking. The creation of a video game doesnt come before life itself and by INVESTING in this game you TAKE A CHANCE with your money. Thats exactly what an investment is. Even if the game failed there is nothing we can do about the money we have given.

Anyways, @Rory welcome back and thanks for the update. It really does look beautiful and I am surprised to hear that an ENTIRE Forest of Death has been created already. Thats more than I was expecting. And last, @. Thanks once more for staying strong and hard at work with this game. The appreciation I have for you and the entire dev team is overwhelming.

• Like 3

Im getting REEAAAAAALLLLYYYY tired of seeing Ryu's negative attitude. The empathy is seriously lacking. The creation of a video game doesnt come before life itself and by INVESTING in this game you TAKE A CHANCE with your money. Thats exactly what an investment is. Even if the game failed there is nothing we can do about the money we have given.

Anyways, @Rory welcome back and thanks for the update. It really does look beautiful and I am surprised to hear that an ENTIRE Forest of Death has been created already. Thats more than I was expecting. And last, @. Thanks once more for staying strong and hard at work with this game. The appreciation I have for you and the entire dev team is overwhelming.

Dido, I am making a mod for minecraft, just a mod, and its tough. I've always had faith for this game and this just hypes me more. Im going to donate some more money soon because of this, it may not be a lot though :p 

Thanks for the feedback everyone, it helps us get better and actually deliver a game that is fun to play and something we are proud of. The polishing and bug fixing is being done early, because we were overwhelmed with breakage in the engine and lost drive to work. We needed to fix all these problems and quit adding tons of features. 

Expect my Development Log sometime soon.

• Like 1

The white haired dude in Rory's avatar always seemed so childish to me, but the one one in the dev log banner at the top of this thread looks pretty badass.

I think they he is part of a 3 man team of genin(the 2 others can be seen in the banner at the top of the website) so I if we go by the average genin age of 10-12 then yeah I guess they should look a bit childish. 

We are working to establish ourselves as an organization, it takes time. Right now, we're a bunch of volunteers making a MMO. People donate which that money goes toward paying for that concept art you see in this Development Log, as well as software licenses and things of that nature. :)

We are doing our best to make an awesome game with hardly any funding.

Implement stretch goals.This idea is taken directly from ''Star Citizen'', but is widely used anyway. This way you get the community excited about actually donating to reach certain ''goals'', where thing's could be; implemented, expanded, software updated, etc.

j0NocR1.png

@ To you it may seem like I'm being negative and lack empathy. Re-read what I wrote again because you've greatly misunderstood my intent. Its pointless for someone to commit partially to a project that requires a lot of time, especially if the individual in question is going through trials and tribulations in his life. All I'm asking is for more transparency on donations and for the Dev team to be realistic and honest with their promises. Several posts of this nature have been posted in the past, excited individuals such as yourself would then use capital letters in your posts only for the project to be neglected. An investment doesn't have to be a gamble if I can contribute in my way to make it a success. See it from a different perspective. I'm merely motivating the development team to be passionate about their craft, so that the money and faith the community has invested in this project isn't in vain.

• Like 2

We will do Kickstarter when we can publish the game and make sure it runs good enough for people to try it out at a large scale. There are plans for a new server architecture. After we get our current client to work with our new server, we simply are going to slowly port it to C# which will run on the web as well as eventually mobile devices in the distant future. These are all our ambitions, they may not be met soon, but we are working our best to make a one-of-a-kind type of experience.

• Like 2