Level Up & Battle Animations

Ueda

I don't mean to sound like a negative nancy or anything, and don't get me wrong, I think the level up/effect graphics look great. However, when you compare them to the level of detail to the playable characters themselves it seems somewhat off to me. It almost looks like two different styles were used. The effects are blurry, look like anti-aliasing is being used(smooth), and look very pretty. The playable characters and their equipment do not. That's really my only concern regarding this, everything else looks great.

Also, that worm almost killed Rory.

• Like 1

Haha, love seeing shadow shurikens being used from maplestory. They've plenty of buffs to use as an idea :D

That wasn't in the list of things I saw :p but thanks.

looks good to me! could tweak the level up one a little bit. Also love the Uchiha Madara armor that Rorys wearing !

You're right, and that's designed by Raphael!

Great effects; really adds to the excellent precision portrayed by the game.

For the deflections/misses, will there be any changes in the character's icon state? For example, when you deflect the character sways back a bit and lifts his arms, or, for misses, the character blurs a bit (might be easier with some overlay effects in this case)? Just some optional stuff that further adds to receptivity of the game.

For the deflections/misses, will there be any changes in the character's icon state? For example, when you deflect the character sways back a bit and lifts his arms, or, for misses, the character blurs a bit (might be easier with some overlay effects in this case)? Just some optional stuff that further adds to receptivity of the game.

We are going to try to add more animations to our characters, but this is a beta type of improvement. There's not enough manpower for us to attempt to add more frames to all our existing art. One frame we are looking to add in a damage frame and a block frame. There may be others that I missed.

Dang Rory. Everything looks fantastic. Keep up the good work.

I personally think the level up animation would look fine the way you had it designed in photoshop (as far as the order of the frames go), with the shuriken appearing above the head as the final frames of the animation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...