The Sand Village

Ueda

v52VMFA.png

Hi Ninjas,

Back again for another art development log. I have interesting news.. the focus of the art development has been shifted from Jutsus to the second village, the Hidden Village of Sand! I already teased you all a few days back with the new forum banner, but here's a proper development log of the art working in-game.

Even more good news, my conscription in the military will be ending in a little over 4 months, that will mean a lot more time to work on Nin Online and more time to dedicate to the community, like I did in the past.

Animated grass

Before going into the Sand village, I decided to make the greenery in the game a little more lively. Look closely!

OlwIDLc.gif

Sand Flak Jacket & Headband

These are the basic gear seen worn by most ninjas in the sand village. I'll be adding more customized looks for these in the near future. For example, a variation of the headband which has the cloth covering one eye. The flak jacket looks a little bit different on the female. It's more light weight and has chest space.

KOQGEDs.gif

mpRDed9.gif    DYEfAHi.gif

The Southern Gates of the Sand Village
Watch as my Sand Ninja enters the "gates" of Sand.

p05LWfv.gif

World Map
I'm looking to hear your opinions on the current design for the world map I'm working on. If it's not pleasing for you guys, I'll consider outsourcing drawing a more detailed map to an illustrator.

sUeBF3q.png

I hope you guys like this. Feel free to give your feedback and harsh criticism.

Also, once again, if there are any web developers interested in coding our new homepage, please PM me!

Regards,
Rory

• Like 25

Dat anbu mask, gimme gimmme gimmmeeee

Although the sand particles seem a bit out of place (Unless there's a sandstorm but then it'd be more)

So any news on when we could possibly see another closed/open/semi-closed/semi-open alpha test

It's a Hannya Mask :) won't be exclusive to Anbu.

I'll work on the sandstorm.

No news yet.

The world map is basic and practical. No point outsourcing it to an illustrator when there's still so much to be expanded on in-game; additional villages, areas, etc. I'm interested to see how you will implement the ''Puppet manipulation Jutsu'' though.

Great work. Stay consistent and motivated.

• Like 1

The world map is basic and practical. No point outsourcing it to an illustrator when there's still so much to be expanded on in-game

Very much this.

It's nice to see a map being worked on, there's no need in making it elaborate and detailed. In the long run, perhaps a sort of mission-log & map hybrid could be neat, something that allows players to see their current missions while viewing the map, and maybe some sort of node or marker showing where each mission is asking them to go.

Over-all the art looks good, much props to the artists puttin' it work. I know armor variations seem like more work than they are worth, but that extra element of customization goes a long way! Keep it up!

• Like 1

I really like the spruced up greenery in the first gif. Probably the best thing about this game is how much effort is being put into the atmosphere and environment to make it more immersive for the players. Perhaps the aerial sand could have negative effects to nonnatives?

Wow the game looks so good, the detail in the trees and grass is just on point. Keep the good work up.

I think the map should stay how it is, good job with keeping it how the actual map is in Naruto, now when the village Hidden in the Mist is added it could get extended and be on the right of Konoha. (Are those white clouds to shift the map right-left?)

16607537234_2f32475317.jpg

• Like 2