Let's talk about Cosmetic Items!

Stephen

Question

Lets be a bit more realistic for a few seconds...

When you're playing in game have you ever equipped an item that removes another item in a completely different area of your characters body? Kind of like how a headband (forehead) won't stack with goggles(face) because they're both classified under the type of MASK? Well without breaking the game too much I think I can suggest a safe alternative to what I call gear type overwriting.

First, foremost and about as simple as it's going to get is that we need cosmetic equipment slots which allow us to stack multiple items of the same type. The one in the regular slot giving their regular stat bonus while the piece of equipment in the cosmetic slot doesn't yield ANY of it's stat bonuses.

That's really all there is to it...

EXAMPLES...

Goggles and the Forehead Protector
Shino Coat and the Flak Vest
Forehead Protector and the Anbu Mask.

I'm sure some of you can come up with your own combinations too... ANYWAYS....

THIS IS *pause* SPAR-....   NIN ONLINE

• Like 1

15 answers to this question

Already planned Yoshi :)

We're going to have where you equip a cosmetic item and it goes over the normal item. Sort of like, it stacks over the item slot, and you have to unequip it first before unequipping your normal item. It won't cost anything to do and is reusable.

• Like 3

Basically, he wants Gear slots and then "cash" or "Show" gear slots where stats do not apply but displays the graphics chosen. That's a nice suggestion, +1.

You can equip cash items over an empty slot. You just won't be able to unequip unless you place the equip item on your hotbar. It won't allow you to just double click them off in the character menu.

I think some styles should not stack, as in items not boost. Like if you had goggles and you just had them on your forehead like Obito, shouldn't be able to wear a headband.

Yea it would be good. If items were specified in certiant parts like forehead, eyes, face...

Sorry to bring up an old topic but with the Cash Shop finally released, just wondering if this is going to be implemented.

Kind of like in Flyff. On the left and right sides you have the "clothing" equipment slots and in the middle was the "costume" equipment slots that went over your clothes so you could wear both and have your own style.

maxresdefault.jpg

Sorry didn't know the image was so large.

No, we removed stats from items and will go live later today. There's no longer any reason to have a cosmetic equipment tab. We were planning on doing this, but realized that stats were kind of bad and we didn't want them in the game at all. Leave it purely to building your character and not relying on equip. All masteries will eventually have their own weapons to add.

This means equipment serves no purpose in combat anymore except weapons.

Our game is doing a lot of stuff different, we are not the same as another F2P game and shouldn't be compared to them. F2P model isn't too great as is, we're trying to make it better.

• Like 3