Community Survey

Ueda

Community Update Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Community Update?

Voting for this is more of a "between" the lines kind of thing for me.

I do like the new change as it seems more modern for a web page, however more features have been taken out then what have been brought in by this new change.  For one, the whole profile deal is sort of bothering me.  I spent a lot of time on my profile with the music and pictures, and even creating my character bio.  However with this new update, I can't even have the background of my choosing anymore and now my profile looks so bland and tasteless.  Everything else on the site looks pretty good, but I still feel like there was more taken out then added in with this new change.

• Like 1

Guest Glitch Yagyu

It seems like it's a lot laggier than the old one. Can we have the option of choosing between the two skins?

There's a difference, this is a newer version called IP Suite I believe, it's more of an upgrade. and not a skin. They're different from each other, I don't know how possible it'd be to have IPB and IP Suite both. Probably not at all.

I like it, it's clean and simplistic. The white constant back ground along with everything else being white makes it somewhat confusing, I think there needs to be more dividers or "outlining" of some sort. It's a W.I.P, but definitely needs more work.

This isn't even Nin Online. Nin Online was seeing the game designs and development every time you hit the front page.It was easily seeing all the forum activity discussion. When you logged on the atmosphere was welcoming.This is cleaner and nice and tidy, but it's just dull. I'm even less motivated to visit the forums now, which is practically a thing more than daily for me. I can't even view the desktop version anymore if I'm on mobile device. But the best thing about Nin Online was that sweet, beautiful, lively orange color. The orangeness...oh my gawd how I miss it...THE ORANGE! :(

Edited by orangeram

This isn't even Nin Online. Nin Online was seeing the game designs and development every time you hit the front page.It was easily seeing all the forum activity discussion. When you logged on the atmosphere was welcoming.This is cleaner and nice and tidy, but it's just dull. I'm even less motivated to visit the forums now, which is practically a thing more than daily for me. I can't even view the desktop version anymore if I'm on mobile device. But the best thing about Nin Online was that sweet, beautiful, lively orange color. The orangeness...oh my gawd how I miss it...THE ORANGE! :(

It's a change for the better.  

Honestly, while there are some things I know were taken away, Rory has promised that this will be better and the same came from Seth as well, I'm just going to put faith in their judgment and see how this plays out.  I know they will do a good job, they always do. :D

Thanks for all the feedback.

@orangeram I promise more orange for you. Also the mobile web is an attempt at responsiveness. It should run efficiently on the mobile and remove the need to zoom in and out on mobile devices. It takes a bit to get used to, and right now some info is lost in the scaling. But I'm using it right now and I like it.

@Shawn Jones profiles will always be an important feature! The general layout from the new forum software is already more fun to customize. Check out my animated banner :P but read on to understand.

What actually happened is that we updated the forum software from IPS3.4 to IPS4 which in turn meant a lot of our plugins became outdated. As time goes by, there will be your favorite features back, including profile backgrounds and music. If not by 3rd party plugins, me and Seth will code it ourselves.

As for the sluggish performance, it started off with some bad plugins slowing it down, but the speed better now that they're removed.

I'll try my best to get it running faster, it may be a variety of factors causing the slow down and I need time to look into all of it.

• Like 4

The lag is due to an error we're resolving with our backend. This will be fixed soon. Features are coming daily, the core of our website is far superior that's all we care about. Everything else can change.

@Rory can add in a background image to replace the white.

Edited by Seth

Yes and no it has positives and negatives when the old one didn't really have any negatives for me.

The white on yellow is hard to read

The main banner is still not scaled to my resolution (Not sure if you tried fixing it as it vanished for a bit then came back)

All the empty space bothers me it makes the forum longer than it needs to be. With the old skin everything was compact.

The topic area I am not a big fan of in how the pinned topics are just designated by an icon not actually separate likewise the featured topic that should be more prominent.

One last thing the menu HOME FORUMS STORE SUPPORT GALLERY it works being in white when you scroll down the page due to the black background however it doesn't look great on top of the forum banner and is not very visible.

Although I would rather the game was worked on over the site/forum....

Edited by James