Upcoming Change to Fans

Ueda

20 hours ago, Kamisama said:

I never saw a leaf ninja in the show with a fan, so why would they get them ingame? Only makes sense tbh.  Like the change, people only got it for the knockback. Now alot of people may lose their fighting power ;>

Uchiha Madara and Obito used a fan though.... Madara was literally famous for wielding a fan in battle when he was alive.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shiki said:

Uchiha Madara and Obito used a fan though.... Madara was literally famous for wielding a fan in battle when he was alive.

Gunbai Uchiwa (軍配団扇, Gunbai Uchiwa, Literally meaning:army arrangement fan), is a non-folding fan, carved from an unique spirit tree from which only ritualistic instruments are made. This Gunbai has been passed down between Uchiha clansmen for generations.[1]

^ a speical fan for uchiha only, not a normal fan. 

• Like 1

I feel as though to balance the whole thing, only Sand STR Wind users should be able to wield a fan. Because if the whole Sand village can, it's quite an unfair advantage towards the whole Leaf village. (Coming from a sand ninja). But making it only available Sand STR Wind users would make it more unique, and also balance out the advantage. IMO :D

• Like 3

That's exactly what I'm arguing for xD. If they're gonna take the fan from players who aren't sand then the fan should have no extra benefits other than damage like any other weapon in the game. If knockback stays then it should be a weapon anyone can use.

Except it's a weapon FOR A PLAYSTYLE. That's like saying swords shouldn't add extra damage since everyone can equip them??? Are different things for different masteries NOT supposed to be unique? I don't think it should be sand only, I think it should be str wind only. You don't see non weapon masters using a shirokata or any other sword, why should you see non str wind users using a fan.

12 hours ago, Kamisama said:

Gunbai Uchiwa (軍配団扇, Gunbai Uchiwa, Literally meaning:army arrangement fan), is a non-folding fan, carved from an unique spirit tree from which only ritualistic instruments are made. This Gunbai has been passed down between Uchiha clansmen for generations.[1]

^ a speical fan for uchiha only, not a normal fan. 

Doesn't matter if it's special or not, it's still a fan. Which makes your statement about Leaf ninja not wielding a fan in the show, false.

Just add a str req to knockback maybe 50 or more str or something on every fan. Meaning, to wear the fan all you need is 20 str and you'll do a normal wind attack that doesn't knockback, but if you want the knockback effect, then you'll have to waste a lot more stat points in str. It won't really matter if it's Sand/Wind at that point.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Harmony said:

Just add a str req to knockback maybe 50 or more str or something on every fan. Meaning, to wear the fan all you need is 20 str and you'll do a normal wind attack that doesn't knockback, but if you want the knockback effect, then you'll have to waste a lot more stat points in str. It won't really matter if it's Sand/Wind at that point.

No. Then WM's like yourself can abuse it. And low level str wind need it for grind early on.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Yuura said:

No. Then WM's like yourself can abuse it. And low level str wind need it for grind early on.

Doesn't that mean I can abuse it now since I have the str for it? I have the str req and I don't use fan on my wm and I said keep the str req for fan just add a knockback req. 
Guess you're right then he should also make it wind fan and sand only  so wm wont abuse it like you said.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Harmony said:

Doesn't that mean I can abuse it now since I have the str for it? I have the str req and I don't use fan on my wm and I said keep the str req for fan just add a knockback req. 
Guess you're right then he should also make it wind fan and sand only  so wm wont abuse it like you said.

Of course I am right.

What marino(and others)suggested,seems to be the best way to solve this problem.Make the fan sand exclusive,sure,no problem with that.But make it also wind exclusive.

For GF you need taijutsu,but the fan,on the other side,is not limited to a mastery.If elemental users would fight each other,and they both had the same mastery/skill lvl,the player with the fan would have a advantage,that the other player cant make up for.GF will not help me(or anyone else)in any way,as a WM,unless i pick taijutsu as a secondary mastery,and then id have to equip/unequip my sword all the time.Thats why i think fans should just become some kind of sub path for wind.Its not about realism or what works in the anime and what not,its about balancing the game.I know that rory isnt aiming for perfect balance,more like perfect imbalance,so that everyone has his situational use,but in this case,there isnt really a dissadvantage if everyone can equip the fan for the extra interruption,as long as he is from the sand.

Another option would be,to add weapons for int users that everyone can use(no swords though,maybe different kunais or something),no matter what village he is from,and that would give you a advantage thats similiar to the fan,so that people who use a fan,will at least have to abandon the other weapons...then it would really be situational instead of simply,,better''.

On 1/28/2019 at 2:34 AM, Blu said:

Seems to directly go against the type of game you're trying to make. This isn't a story driven action game. It's a roleplaying game based on the realism of a ninja world I grasped. 

Saying, "You were born in the leaf village so you physically cant use this weapon." seems weird to me. (This coming from someone that this update wont effect lol)

Edit: If you want diversity among villages it shouldn't come from items that anyone can pick up and learn how to use lmao. Maybe it should come from secret jutsu passed down by generations of families within the villages?

Blu,

I have to agree with Blu and im a sand ninja that uses lighting this just seems like it limit the play style of people more and no real good reason to. If the leaf or mist want a fan let them not like they can use fan jutsu.