Upcoming Change to Fans

Ueda

Dear Ninja,

For the longest time, I've wanted fans to become a Sand-only weapon. However, due to obligations to keep it free for everyone to hold cosmetically from a competition that gave out pink fans in 2014/15, I've been holding back that decision.

I think it's time for this important change to be made, and so as of sometime in February, we will make it so fans are only usable by Sand ninja. It is for the sake of the betterment of the game that I'm making this decision, although it may inconvenience some and cause many to rage.

But keeping fans for Sand Ninja and Sand Missing Ninja, will help keep the villages unique and help us head towards the goal of each village being different.

Regards,
Ueda

• Like 24

Seems to directly go against the type of game you're trying to make. This isn't a story driven action game. It's a roleplaying game based on the realism of a ninja world I grasped. 

Saying, "You were born in the leaf village so you physically cant use this weapon." seems weird to me. (This coming from someone that this update wont effect lol)

Edit: If you want diversity among villages it shouldn't come from items that anyone can pick up and learn how to use lmao. Maybe it should come from secret jutsu passed down by generations of families within the villages?

Blu,

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Riley said:

Remove the knockback from the 20 str fans and boom easy fix.

I kinda agree tbh (and im sandie), the reason why fan is so meta nowdays (even after the str req) is because of the free knockback.

put knockback only on seji no heji and higher tier fans and it solves the problem of fan being over-used.

But anyway fans SHOULD be sand only rp-wise imo , its kinda weird to see leafies walking around with fans. its also weird to see non-wind users use it, and also people who switch from sword/tai to fan quickly and then back again.. but that's an other issue i guess hehe.

• Like 4

Just put it for str wind users only, it’s the easiest way. It doesn’t make sense that a fan doesn’t knock back and cancel cast imho. If only str wind people can use it I don’t think anyone will have a problem with it. 

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, Lumy said:

Just put it for str wind users only, it’s the easiest way. It doesn’t make sense that a fan doesn’t knock back and cancel cast imho. If only str wind people can use it I don’t think anyone will have a problem with it. 

100% agree

• Like 1