Just an idea - About /v & Aviaries

Ueda

Only broadcast messages through Aviary?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Only broadcast messages through Aviary?

I feel as though you had good intentions for this but to use an aviary takes too much time before we can catch the enemy. It’s not because of lazy ness but let’s say a missing cloaked through larvae and killed the low levels at tigers to raise their bounty, most low levels do not realize the changes we have and how to use them and this will leave us oblivious that there is a threat near. Also if they did manage to use the aviary, the amount of time it took to use it the missing may have already ran to tanzaku hospital to avoid death because we all know they aren’t just going to wait there. This also gives akatsuki ninjas more time to use their rings and escape. Same goes for sand, their aviary is below the village. By the time all the ninjas are killed in danger zones, the distance they’ll have to run to alert their villagers is the same as leaving sand or enough time to escape and hide in long desert for example.

• Like 3

I dont know if the nin community is ready for this,but if it works out,that would be great.

So from my side,its a yes.

21 hours ago, Jiroubou said:

...the message boards found in the village should be extended to include functions like finding RP teams and selling items...

Please no.

This would not encourage social interaction,it would encourage the opposite.Why bother to contact someone for a mission or a item you want to buy,if you can just go to the board and let it do the work for you?If i missunderstood you and you just want to use the board to,,pin''informations about merchants or groups,then thats another story.....it could work,under certain conditions.

@Tameshi Hinode I am confused by your post you provide very little evidence as to why it would be a bad thing. It would bring the functionality from discord into the game for users who do not use discord and would make finding RP teams easier which is a good thing. Then you say it could work but also dont explain this. You do all this after saying please no which is also not helpful input.

@Jiroubou I didnt explain how it could work under certain conditions,because i wanted to wait for your answer first,to see if thats even what you wanted to suggest.

In the case of buying items:Being able to find informations about local merchants at the board,is very different from just going to the board,selecting the merchant and item of your choice,and buy it,without any social interaction.If thats what you want(going to the board and buy items there directly,like you would in a auction house),then its obvious why this would NOT encourage social interaction.Right now,you have to contact a player directly,either trough discord,or ingame.You have to talk to each other,talk about the price,the number of items you want to buy,maybe also some smalltalk or a possible discount...this encourages social interaction.Going to a board and just picking the item of your choice,does not.

If we,however,would be talking about getting informations at the board,then it could work.The conditions?They would still have to be decided but a good start would be,to limit who gets onto the board,and who not,to keep it organized.Also,we would have to talk about how the merchant section gets edited and who does it,and customers would still have to contact the seller on their own,so that social interaction still happens trough trading,but i didnt want to go into details before i even knew what you actually wanted to see in the game.

For RP missions:Players who want(and are able to)host RP missions,could use the board for this purpose,but the board shouldnt automatically match you with other players.Why?Same as above,because it needlessly takes away social interaction between players if you dont even have to talk to each other to form the group in the first place(wow dungeon finder,anyone?).

Maybe you can make vchat only work up to a certain distance like mini. The lowbie spots in leaf are already tough as is. Imagine being a new player without discord and the same person keeps spawning at tanz to kill you. I know this is to make nin more realistic, but to me it’s still a game at the end of the day. Socialization means something. Anything that makes you feel more alone in an MMO isn’t good in my opinion.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tiny said:

Please, don't remove PMs.. next step would be removing chat at all and then making it a singleplayer RPG. Taking RP too far..

Soon Pms gonna be clan specific like a mind transfer technique xD. RP WILL PREVAIL!!!

Just now, tiny said:

Please, don't remove PMs.. next step would be removing chat at all and then making it a singleplayer RPG. Taking RP too far..

That's what it looks like it's boiling down to.

Aviary is useless because any important information won't be able to be relayed quick enough. Like Midnight said, someone kills a lowbie as close as larva, by the time the process is done the missing is gone. Also, we still got restrictions on v-chat (i.e. 50 characters 2 minutes for non-ranked). Trading isn't even good enough because of the restrictions, plus we don't even got an auction house. 

Aviary by itself is flawed, it needs more content to supplement it if it's to be implemented at all. What keeps happening is we are releasing content in this game fragmented which is breaking the game. For example taking away fans without adding different weapons to balance it out. You need a balance, not to just take that one action. By just taking stuff away with nothing to compromise with you're hurting the community. And yes, I'm butt hurt about spending months grinding for blue fan to see me not being able to use it out of the blue. Ik it seems like a separate topic, but when it comes to updates to this game it's completely relevant.

Proximity chat inc. 

• Like 2

Since a lot of people seem to have an issue with this,what about this:

Players could buy radios that allow them to use the village chat,but every /v message consumes some of the radios energy and to recharge it,you have to return to your city and buy new batteries(but you cant just carry a lot of batteries with you).Also,the closer you are to the village,the less energy is consumed per message(especially useful for newbies).A fully charged radio could allow you to send out around 3 messages,and there would be a 1-2 minute cooldown between messages.There could even be different types of radios,depending on your rank in the village,for example.This could be made more complex by adding maps where the radios wont work.

This is a bad change.

1. You can't make call-outs anymore. You die, run to the aviary and then inform people where enemies are and by that time they're already long gone. Takes away the factor of quick response by the villagers in coming to assist fellow villagers. Having support of other villagers is one of the advantages of being part of a village instead of being in Takumi. It discourages people from asking for help and decreases solidarity, that goes against the idea of a "village."

2. It makes life for lowbies and new players extremely difficult. In the current state of the game when there aren't enough tutorials to inform the players about some of the basic thing in the game, it will make it nearly impossible for new players who get stuck in the academy to seek help. Not only that, the game has its times when there's barely 5-6 people online from a village (not online in one map, online anywhere), asking for assistance even in the same map will be useless. At least with village chat there's a chance someone will respond since more people are seeing the message.

The change makes sense if you look at it from the perspective of the anime but we're not in an anime. It's a game and games require some ease of life features like the village chat. It also discourages social behaviour. You already had people interacting on maps, that didn't need to be encouraged. Preventing talking on village chat will just reduce socialization.

If the issue was people abusing village chat, guidelines should be set by the staff and players informed about it so they know what to and what not to do while using the village chat. Military-Police exist and are functioning in the villages and they can enforce these guidelines and punish people for not keeping to them. Removing the village chat for a few instances of abuse (while it is also being used for benefit of the players keeping to the RP of the village) seems unreasonable.

@Ueda

these have been the problems on my first day without v-chat:
  1. certain leafs / missing
with high level they have come to kill the lows of sand and it has cost us to communicate to avenge the deaths of the lvls.
  2. was with my alt (lvl 21) above tunnelers in the area of coyotes and came 2 leafs (lvl 50 and lvl 30+) to kill me, I could not call reinforcements and therefore I had to give them my death ... It's useless with Level 21 to face 2 Shinobi.
  3. We were doing pvp in gates sand and when one dies, we could not call a doctor for v chat, slaughter was in his office, if the v-chat existed slaughter would have run and would have revived the person who died.
  4. They came to make a raid on Sand and we could not call the troops to defend our village, because no one can leave the battlefield to go to give the message to the aviary that is on the other side of the map.
  5. I went to shoot myself several times leaf and I tried to kill newbies and before came an army of leafs for you, and today I lasted killing newbies like 20 minutes, until 1 person came and it seemed more pvp than another thing. xD

Well, this has been my day without the v-chat, in my opinion the RP has been screwed up a lot, because in this way the kills are given to the high lvls and they do not give us the option to save them, nor to give warnings if they come to rade to be ready.

I think a lot of people here are over-reacting over very small reasons and are playing the game wrong.

First and foremost, I'd like to adress that missings never had a v chat and are still playing up to this date. Sure the structure of their gameplay is a lot different but that does not mean that it is impossible.

My personal experience with Aviary so far. I like the RP point about it and that it makes raiding a lot easier as the information travels slower. I do not have a huge problem with this when defending as I make use of team chat or direct messages.

It does not make trading difficult as players tend to group at one place (leaf square, sand gates) where normal chat can be used for it, not to mention trades usually go down on discord.

How to prevent raids from happening more often? I think while players dont want to waste their time on scouting and instead just chill at leaf square or sand gates, a new mission could be added for both of the villages.

Example for leaf. "Scout Duty" - Wait for 10 minutes at (Scout Duty I - Larvae. Scout Duty II - Mini Bridge/Spiders. Scout Duty III - Valley of the End/Dark Bridge.

During scout duty, the player who is doing this mission will be able to relay messages in v chat with 1 minute cooldown.

This idea would help to solve one of the problem at hand.

Also maybe something like aviary/messenger duty. So when there are for example no scouts outside, maybe there is a messenger who everyone should know to relay message in case they have info.

@Ueda

• Like 5