Ueda

You guyz are missining something hes the KAGE. He got there for being strong, intelligent and charming enough to pull people in. How do you plan on killing the Kage if he has like the strongest ninjas in his back pocket. Can you overthrow the top 10 ninjas in your village to even get to him before he runs and regroups. The point is, if hes too strong he can abuse the game, then you stage a coup, then he kills you all, and goes back to abusing game lol. On second thought that sounds fun, let it happen.

• Like 1

You guyz are missining something hes the KAGE. He got there for being strong, intelligent and charming enough to pull people in. How do you plan on killing the Kage if he has like the strongest ninjas in his back pocket. Can you overthrow the top 10 ninjas in your village to even get to him before he runs and regroups. The point is, if hes too strong he can abuse the game, then you stage a coup, then he kills you all, and goes back to abusing game lol. On second thought that sounds fun, let it happen.

Anime =/= game.

if it goes like this, people will eventually leave their village and become missing-nins... why not?

Would you like if your local Kage was giving ranks to his irl friends and selling it to you for irl money? Not everyone appreciates broken games like the BYONDers :/ I'll be both head and village GM for a start, when there's only leaf village. So there's no worry about abuse to me.

That actually sounds like a nice way to get fast cash.

@Shuruki It has gotten slightly off topic but its still dealing with gms, and what did you mean here? (For example, if Kage 1 was tipped off about a spy in his village with out proper In character knowledge but heard it out of character. A GM is there to bring out his/her hammer and smash him.) I'm confused, are you saying that GM's need to be around to stop another ninja from spying on another village? No, this did not just go there. /Imdone

@Stylishninja No..man....you're definitely not understanding, did you not read what I wrote properly?. Okay, let me give you another example, were talking about ROLEPLAYING TERMS because this topic is about ROLEPLAY EVENT. NOT PVP or any sort of bullshit your thinking. 

EXAMPLE, Kage 1 right hand man was killed by a mysterious ninja that know one saw or heard. There is no evidence at all but if Kage 1 was tipped off OOC = OUT OF CHARACTER about who it was with a private message or through MSN/SKYPE. THEN, that is not LEGIT in any way shape or form. In order for it to be legit, someone IC = IN CHARACTER, must have seen this incident or witnessed it to give this information to Kage 1 in order for him to take action. If Kage 1 has the correct IN CHARACTER knowledge then its legit to take action.

EXAMPLE 2, Kage 1 has a very friendly personality and has good relations with the other kages in area. He gives donations to villagers, he helps other small villages around the area. Basically hes a fucking good guy, but then out of no where just  because OOC = OUT OF CHARACTER, he knows if he attacks village 1, he's going to have a good advantage over others. He decides to attack it, THUS, making it not legit in anyway shape or form. because he went out of his character to OOC gain an advantage over others. Yes, of course you can argue that Kage 1 could have been deceiving everyone by being a good guy but you need to state that in your characters Bio, or state that from the beginning.

This is why GM/Admin's are vital

& my GOA companions you guys need to relax. Were not going to have fucking Leroy run around with 10 level 100's spamming all the skills in the god damn game. This is a more serious game, and i know Rory will pick out the right GM's.

True, let us have afaith in Rory and his ability to judge character, it'll all be alright.

• Like 2

You should take a lesson from GOA and turn away from players as kages. Majority of the people who want to become kage don't deserve, those who become kage become inactive and those who don't want kage are often the best choice. Though you will be setting up an election system for kages to be appointed, there's always the chance that players will screw up, kick people out of the village for no real reason or be lied to by another player. The best way to have a kage is through a system that keeps track of who hits who first when a villager is killed by an ally, who is spamming chat and etc.

Took the words out of my mouth!

Unfortunately this is true

You're making it sound like if it'll only be 6 or 7 people trying to overthrow the Kage & his 10 top ninja. This game is probably going to be massive so I doubt it'll be small numbers.

Uncle Sipher obviously has to start lecturing people.

@People from GOA

Stop attempting to relate this game to GOA, because it isn't GOA. I know that deep down, probably subconsciously a lot of you want this game to basically become GOA 2.0. A version of the game that didn't go off the deep end and start to suck big time. I have my own doubts as well but you should at least give Rory's plan a try before constantly criticizing. Anyone sitting there right now ready to yell "BUT SIPHER YOU WERE JUST CRITICIZING RORY'S BAD IDEAS", you're wrong. The purpose of feedback is to make Rory aware of the problems that could happen and a possible fix in case they missed something when going to the drawing board.

@Rory

Stop believing you're so high and mighty over BYOND. Every time you mention BYOND, you associate it with negativity. GOA didn't fall apart because it's from BYOND, it fell apart because of poor decisions made by developers. Many great, original games come from BYOND that did not become the undecisive bi-polar schizophrenic girlfriend that is GOA. The only difference between a game on BYOND and Ninonline is the programming language. From what I can tell, everything talked about in this forum can also be done in DM. A lot of the people in that community are nice and helpful as well. You should quit your prejudice while you're ahead, it's disgusting.

I'm making you aware of this for your benefit. If I wanted to be an asshole, you would feel the wrath of a thousand suns come down on you. I know you're sincerely trying to make a fun game for everyone while maintaining a positive outlook and attitude, so I try to be...gentle.

@Sipher

Stop being papa Sipher all the time asshole, why you always need to have a conscience and logical thinking and shit? You keep looking at the big picture far too often, clown.

• Like 8

Whatever Sipher said, I agree with. He always has the right things to say lul

But on another note, I do want to point out to @ that nothing I ever wrote in my massive post was I ever comparing GOA to ninonline. The only thing I felt was going to fail was the GMs in game because of GOA I'm actually used to not having GMs running around the game, not because I fear that they'll be butt hurt admins. None of what I said was meant to really criticize the system, just more or less throw in my 2 cents on how I feel about the system. So Kazuma, try & keep your insults to yourself.

Uncle Sipher obviously has to start lecturing people.

@People from GOA

Stop attempting to relate this game to GOA, because it isn't GOA. I know that deep down, probably subconsciously a lot of you want this game to basically become GOA 2.0. A version of the game that didn't go off the deep end and start to suck big time. I have my own doubts as well but you should at least give Rory's plan a try before constantly criticizing. Anyone sitting there right now ready to yell "BUT SIPHER YOU WERE JUST CRITICIZING RORY'S BAD IDEAS", you're wrong. The purpose of feedback is to make Rory aware of the problems that could happen and a possible fix in case they missed something when going to the drawing board.

@Rory

Stop believing you're so high and mighty over BYOND. Every time you mention BYOND, you associate it with negativity. GOA didn't fall apart because it's from BYOND, it fell apart because of poor decisions made by developers. Many great, original games come from BYOND that did not become the undecisive bi-polar schizophrenic girlfriend that is GOA. The only difference between a game on BYOND and Ninonline is the programming language. From what I can tell, everything talked about in this forum can also be done in DM. A lot of the people in that community are nice and helpful as well. You should quit your prejudice while you're ahead, it's disgusting.

I'm making you aware of this for your benefit. If I wanted to be an asshole, you would feel the wrath of a thousand suns come down on you. I know you're sincerely trying to make a fun game for everyone while maintaining a positive outlook and attitude, so I try to be...gentle.

@Sipher

Stop being papa Sipher all the time asshole, why you always need to have a conscience and logical thinking and shit? You keep looking at the big picture far too often, clown.

Rory has the right to act "high and mighty" over BYOND. Have you seen the game's history and development?  I'm pretty sure when he compares it to BYOND, he's trying to do everything he can to make it better than any BYOND game and not make those mistakes. :)

Rory has the right to act "high and mighty" over BYOND. Have you seen the game's history and development?  I'm pretty sure when he compares it to BYOND, he's trying to do everything he can to make it better than any BYOND game and not make those mistakes. :)

He really doesn't have the right to be 'high & mighty' over BYOND because if you actually took the time to play some BYOND games, they're not all the same. In fact BYOND games have the same potential that Ninonline. As Sipher said, the only difference is the language. 

@Noble

Really? are you role playing on the forum, or do you actually believe you're nobility?

A calculator coded in VB, DM, C#, C++, Python, HTML, Java, and even assembly is still a calculator. The people that visit this forum, any other forum, any other website, are still just people, the same people that go to BYOND as well. I can't even take you seriously, hah.

• Like 1

Whatever Sipher said, I agree with. He always has the right things to say lul

But on another note, I do want to point out to @ that nothing I ever wrote in my massive post was I ever comparing GOA to ninonline. The only thing I felt was going to fail was the GMs in game because of GOA I'm actually used to not having GMs running around the game, not because I fear that they'll be butt hurt admins. None of what I said was meant to really criticize the system, just more or less throw in my 2 cents on how I feel about the system. So Kazuma, try & keep your insults to yourself.

We're going to be stuck with each other for a long time yet, theres something you need to know about me, I say what I feel on the net, , I won't keep my opinions to myself and become a meek cowardly lion on here. Expect more insults as you say they are, when they aren't, to come from me on many subjects. I'm here to stay, learn to love my crazy.

He really doesn't have the right to be 'high & mighty' over BYOND because if you actually took the time to play some BYOND games, they're not all the same. In fact BYOND games have the same potential that Ninonline. As Sipher said, the only difference is the language. 

Most BYOND games are shit lol  There's only a handful of good ones.  

@Noble

Really? are you role playing on the forum, or do you actually believe you're nobility?

A calculator coded in VB, DM, C#, C++, Python, HTML, Java, and even assembly is still a calculator. The people that visit this forum, any other forum, any other website, are still just people, the same people that go to BYOND as well. I can't even take you seriously, hah.

Irrelevant post is irrelevant.  Did you forget to take your crazy pills again?

We're going to be stuck with each other for a long time yet, theres something you need to know about me, I say what I feel on the net, , I won't keep my opinions to myself and become a meek cowardly lion on here. Expect more insults as you say they are, when they aren't, to come from me on many subjects. I'm here to stay, learn to love my crazy.

Well I'm not the one risking getting banned from the forum. If I have to I'll report you as many time as you insult. It isn't a personal thing, I just don't want to see to forum turn out to be another GOA forum because it's people like you, constantly insulting others that turn the forum into a giant messy meaningless argument.

Well I'm not the one risking getting banned from the forum. If I have to I'll report you as many time as you insult. It isn't a personal thing, I just don't want to see to forum turn out to be another GOA forum because it's people like you, constantly insulting others that turn the forum into a giant messy meaningless argument.

I didn't insult you at all though exactly what part of my post did you find offensive?