What's up with Fans

Ueda

v52VMFA.png
Not going to write a full dev log for this update. But basically, if you don't know already, Fan weapons got a huge update, they now shoot ranged projectiles instead of normal melee attacks. This has been planned for a long time, and the goal is to make Fan ninja feel like a ranged class rather than just another kind of WM.

This feature also allows us to make guns basically. We could have a weapon that shoots bullets. Which I really wanted to do for the Christmas event (so you could shoot zombies) but we didn't have the feature out in time. Ah well, maybe we can shoot something else this Halloween.

There's more to come in the future in terms of what each fan can do, right now all the fan attacks are very general basic wind projectiles, but we've coded a very broad feature which will allow us to use weapons to cast jutsu on attack, which we can use for more than just fans. But for the most part, it will be quite a unique thing. Don't expect swords to ever shoot anything. It's a Fan thing. Eventually, I hope to implement elemental fans like the Bashōsen  (https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Bashōsen)

But not exactly like that, more like for example a Fire fan that contains elemental chakra stored within it, giving you a basic fire tornado projectile for example. So Fan ninja will be able to explore having burns for example. Even for non-elemental fans, we'll still be reworking their normal projectiles once we have a better idea of where to go from here in terms of Fan balance. Hopefully this piques the interest for Fans and Sands a little more and hey - maybe you're a bit of a fan of mine now. ay.

• Like 23

Honestly the content is really cool, like it feels better to throw projectiles.

BUT, you should take a look into the fan kit, if you can. It’s full of selfstun/cast time. The fan hit used to compensate for that. + now basically it’s just better to use the black fan/normal fan because they’re both more useful. So going pure str fan isn’t really a good path at all.

but great change honestly takes more skill to knockback people now.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...