Taking initiatives to design your clan

Ueda

Dear Ninja,

Since a few clans have started taking the initiative to send me designs of clan uniforms or costumes, I would just like to open up this to anyone who sees themselves as leading members of a clan, to come together, discuss and send me anything you can come up with.

I cannot guarantee they will be taken, but depending on the quality of work given, some could even just be straight up used the way it is. I’ve seen some great pixel artists up and coming in the community. With people like @Indra contributing to the game almost fully usable artwork in his spare time.

If you are interested in doing a complete spritesheet, and you want the Sprite base, you can request it from me personally but you have to show me your abilities and how serious you are to do it!

Regards,
Ueta

• Like 17

Once one unofficial org will get outfit/house, they will ALL want it..

and yea taka is big and strong now, but yoru and other orgs were like that as well and died out in the end, so ig its better to give ing stuff to official orgs/clans only.

Anyway, nice post :) 

I'll try to come up with hoshi outfit ideas

• Like 2

Re: Organisations wanting custom stuff

The reason why we haven’t (and probably never will) give player organisations unique items is because whether you want it to or not, they come and go and are exclusive clubs that only a small handful of people get to join. Adding items that don’t add to the overall experience of everyone would be cool if we had the resource to (both manpower for art and dev, and also server resource). Every non-vital item, every non-vital map, is one less Cloud Village Flak Jacket. Every unique cosmetic only 20 people can have at a time is one less customisation option that every 1/15th of the playerbase will be able to wear for clan outfits. So it’s a balance. I want to give people special things, but at the same time, I want to hold it back to make sure we don’t over commit to things that will need to be removed in the future to make way for more permanent content.

Clans are not necessarily owned by anyone, they are a feature in the game and nobody will have the say who can or cannot create a Sasayaki Leaf Ninja for example. Even when the people who founded, contributed to the clan eventually leave, the clan will live on, so we can commit to adding unique stuff to them because they’ll never fade into obscurity.

It’s the same for unique abilities or passives.

• Like 15

• 1 month later...
  • Ueda locked this topic