Forum upgrade

Ueda

Dear Ninja,

Our forum software, which is heavily tied to our game's services has been upgraded! With this comes a bunch of cool features now ready to find (and try) or waiting to be implemented. There's a bunch of new organization related features as well as Discord Integration. If you aren't in our discord server already, you can join by clicking on the discord button on the home page.

Discord integration
The discord integration also gives you your forum rank (Gold & Silver Ninja) in discord, which will unlock a bunch of additional discord permissions soon. This is only possible now because of the forum upgrade!

Why the sudden upgrade?
This upgrade has been a long time coming, but we've been putting it off because of how integrated the software is with our server (Logins, Cash Shop & Organizations). During the time which we hadn't upgraded, the forum software makers changed the way passwords were handled to match new PHP standards. This meant two things, we could upgrade our web's PHP version, speeding up page loading times.. and that we couldn't do that because we would have to upgrade our game's server to handle the new password system. Today I've decided that it's time to do so.

There's also more improvements to security. As our old software was pretty outdated, this left us open to potential attacks through vulnerabilities that had been patched out in newer versions. Thankfully, we should be very well guarded against these problems now.

Registering for Nin Online through Discord isn't supported at the moment
Do note that while the forum does provide a Discord registration option, there is no option to login to Nin Online through Discord at the moment. That being said, it's something we will look into in the future and if you do choose to register that way, you can add a password to your account and login normally through the Account Settings section.

Regards,
Ueda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6
  • Shocked 2

Looks "fresh" indeed, but it would be cool that if I were in "Forums" section, I wouldn't see "Play now" banner since if I am here only for forum posts, I need to scroll down to see something and it gets very annoying every time I go out of topic back to "Forums".

Might be better to be at "Home" instead or even it's own "Play Now"

55 minutes ago, Maya said:

Looks "fresh" indeed, but it would be cool that if I were in "Forums" section, I wouldn't see "Play now" banner since if I am here only for forum posts, I need to scroll down to see something and it gets very annoying every time I go out of topic back to "Forums".

Might be better to be at "Home" instead or even it's own "Play Now"

This should only display if you're not logged in, is it displaying while you're logged in?

13 hours ago, Ueda said:

This should only display if you're not logged in, is it displaying while you're logged in?

Oh I see, doesn't show up while logged in. My bad. 

Also it might be just me, but I think dark theme should be little more grey instead of just straight black.

Noticed that if you look at "recently browsing" or "online" at Forums section, normal users are shown in Gold color instead of Blue

• Thanks 1

• Ueda locked this topic