Core philosophies behind Nin Online

Ueda

While Nin Online has plenty of problems, it's ability to create a sense of community is very underrated. If you want to make the most out of what this game has to offer, talking and connecting with other people is essential. It's very cool to me to see each of the different villages develop their own diverse cultures, and for each of their players to take pride in it.

Some players get lucky and find their home right away, while others may jump village to village until they finally find a crowd they fit in with. Either way, for many of us the game play is only partially what keeps us playing for months and years. It's the community that exists within the game that brings us back time and time again. 

• Like 17

5 hours ago, Atrane said:

While Nin Online has plenty of problems, it's ability to create a sense of community is very underrated. If you want to make the most out of what this game has to offer, talking and connecting with other people is essential. It's very cool to me to see each of the different villages develop their own diverse cultures, and for each of their players to take pride in it.

Some players get lucky and find their home right away, while others may jump village to village until they finally find a crowd they fit in with. Either way, for many of us the game play is only partially what keeps us playing for months and years. It's the community that exists within the game that brings us back time and time again. 

True, true, different example from my experiences is Mabinogi EU (it died at some point), we had smaller community than NA, game was behind few updates compared to NA one but it was also hella harder. Everyone liked how much ppl had to sacrifice to achieve something, groups of ppl resping dead after one of the hardest dungeons back then, some ppl had to spend whole week on locked map that was opening once every saturday and send pets for supplies. After the day of exping and doing the plot all players sat near playermade campfires in a village talking and stuff. It was very immersive.
Then we had to move to NA - things were made so simple even with hella more mechanics and stuff, that it became Afkinogi we all know today. Mere an empty shell of the best MMO experience i ever had.
Played that since the first days till the last hour of its existence.

Now im playing Nin, i come and go MIA often, but the community keeps me around. Even if the server sucks for me, even if i have to pay for Exitlag to be able to play normally, but still i am here. Also i made some longterm friends here :smirk: as i did in Mabinogi EU so i guess all in all you have succeeded @Ueda .
All thats left is to improve the experience ; o 

• Like 2

i 100% agree with everything that guy said because it's for that very reason i still return to games like D&D and Perfect world because the sense of adventure and community are still there for example

D&D
Teamwork is Mandatory 98% of the time in the game and you can't exactly learn everything by reading the wiki page alone 
not to mention the Dungeons have a the options of Casual (Easy) - Reaper (Extremely hard)  not to mention places are hard to find sometimes and since players sometimes carry the spells to send you to certain places or break curses or suffer with those problems if you choose to be anti social.

Perfect world entertainment
The game is way up there on communication and building relationships with players since RP is a big thing in the game and it's a legit Giant world and using a teleport can only get you if not to the location you are hoping to get to it will take you most of the times halfway to the place you need to actually search and find or ask around with players to show you on map or take you to the location also not every Race could even fly so places in the sky would require a player to take you and they aren't always on maps since those places tend to move around 

Perfect world also carries to concept of Marriage since it can unite factions and guilds or just be a simple rp thing if you and a partner have been together for a while 
then we have Faction wars which is another huge thing cause not everyone is going to be happy about a faction being allied with another 
also factions can be from small towns with 1 race communities or a huge kingdom with mixed races or 1 race since some factions are actually racist which i myself was apart of cause like hey who even likes humans anyways.

Few thing i think could help Nin would be as follows:
Bigger world

Making Teams Mandatory and not only for CE and RP missions speaking which (RP 1 mission should tie you to that team unless something happens and you need a replacement or if the team chooses they can go after the teammate that deserted them and try to have him return kinda like naruto and sakura did with sasuke)

Limit the information on bosses and mobs posted on wiki and forums maybe it'll help players be more social towards outsiders since players from certain lands would obviously know more than a Non National

Remove the Divide of XP or increase it cause it would encourage players to team more and as a player that choose to start over alot in this game meeting a ton of new players this by it self kinda hurt the teaming up while grinding cause players would only prefer to team up while hunting for Bounty or Waging war/CBK missions to make this a bit simpler you could even go as far as making the bounty a player gets be divided between him and his/her the team.

you did something good keeping the mobs that drop those weird looking hats secret and something players learn by searching or gathering intel from other players if they choose to share that info you could continue doing so with future drops and new mob or bosses

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2020 at 8:17 AM, Vipe said:

I'm gonna contact this guy and tell him to play Nin

Oh god.

On 4/21/2020 at 8:23 AM, Rucka said:

It's true how Nin nails the point of hardship, and I feel like it might also develop your character as a human being to be strong and overcome challenges in real life too. Like fam, they'll keep knocking you down, but as long as you get to your goal you're golden.

Harass!

On 4/21/2020 at 10:32 AM, Atrane said:

Well put! I think the thing that amazed me the most early on was when Sand released, a whole different culture spawned there. People like Dona really took the village as their own and made it something completely different from what Leaf was up till that point.

19 hours ago, Crowlock said:

True, true, different example from my experiences is Mabinogi EU (it died at some point), we had smaller community than NA, game was behind few updates compared to NA one but it was also hella harder. Everyone liked how much ppl had to sacrifice to achieve something, groups of ppl resping dead after one of the hardest dungeons back then, some ppl had to spend whole week on locked map that was opening once every saturday and send pets for supplies. After the day of exping and doing the plot all players sat near playermade campfires in a village talking and stuff. It was very immersive.
Then we had to move to NA - things were made so simple even with hella more mechanics and stuff, that it became Afkinogi we all know today. Mere an empty shell of the best MMO experience i ever had.
Played that since the first days till the last hour of its existence.

Now im playing Nin, i come and go MIA often, but the community keeps me around. Even if the server sucks for me, even if i have to pay for Exitlag to be able to play normally, but still i am here. Also i made some longterm friends here :smirk: as i did in Mabinogi EU so i guess all in all you have succeeded @Ueda .
All thats left is to improve the experience ; o 

That's a nice comparison. I played Mabinogi during the golden age for awhile and really loved how hard it was. I spent more time in a dangerous world, doing less dangerous things and just connecting with people.

7 hours ago, Balcoin said:

i 100% agree with everything that guy said because it's for that very reason i still return to games like D&D and Perfect world because the sense of adventure and community are still there for example

D&D
Teamwork is Mandatory 98% of the time in the game and you can't exactly learn everything by reading the wiki page alone 
not to mention the Dungeons have a the options of Casual (Easy) - Reaper (Extremely hard)  not to mention places are hard to find sometimes and since players sometimes carry the spells to send you to certain places or break curses or suffer with those problems if you choose to be anti social.

Perfect world entertainment
The game is way up there on communication and building relationships with players since RP is a big thing in the game and it's a legit Giant world and using a teleport can only get you if not to the location you are hoping to get to it will take you most of the times halfway to the place you need to actually search and find or ask around with players to show you on map or take you to the location also not every Race could even fly so places in the sky would require a player to take you and they aren't always on maps since those places tend to move around 

Perfect world also carries to concept of Marriage since it can unite factions and guilds or just be a simple rp thing if you and a partner have been together for a while 
then we have Faction wars which is another huge thing cause not everyone is going to be happy about a faction being allied with another 
also factions can be from small towns with 1 race communities or a huge kingdom with mixed races or 1 race since some factions are actually racist which i myself was apart of cause like hey who even likes humans anyways.

Few thing i think could help Nin would be as follows:
Bigger world

Making Teams Mandatory and not only for CE and RP missions speaking which (RP 1 mission should tie you to that team unless something happens and you need a replacement or if the team chooses they can go after the teammate that deserted them and try to have him return kinda like naruto and sakura did with sasuke)

Limit the information on bosses and mobs posted on wiki and forums maybe it'll help players be more social towards outsiders since players from certain lands would obviously know more than a Non National

Remove the Divide of XP or increase it cause it would encourage players to team more and as a player that choose to start over alot in this game meeting a ton of new players this by it self kinda hurt the teaming up while grinding cause players would only prefer to team up while hunting for Bounty or Waging war/CBK missions to make this a bit simpler you could even go as far as making the bounty a player gets be divided between him and his/her the team.

you did something good keeping the mobs that drop those weird looking hats secret and something players learn by searching or gathering intel from other players if they choose to share that info you could continue doing so with future drops and new mob or bosses

Thanks for the feedback!

• Like 7

• 3 months later...