Yamikami

Current state of balance

I would like to discuss the current balance within the game.

The current meta relies too much on using hidden mastery weapons/jutsu and Flicker/Sub Punish combos, melee masteries are also a bit too strong.
The masteries which are considered "broken" right now are Tai/GF, INT Med, Wind, WM.

WM is mostly considered "broken" cause of it's stronger weapons having rather high attack speed while doing really strong damage, I think the only thing that should be nerfed are the weapon stats.

Tai/GF, INT Med, Wind have one thing in common - instant cast CC.

Tai also has rather high attack speed scaling and has access to melee weapons such as Blood Tonfas which have a knockback chance and high base damage, that along with having 2 subs, 2 instant cast CC jutsu (one of which has a 5 second cooldown) and two 1 second run cast CCs make this a really hard mastery to deal with.

Gentle Fist has insanely high damage scaling and really easy to land Flicker combo damage that has high burst. Due to having two instant cast CC and two 1 second run cast CC it is a rather hard to punish and hard to deal with mastery, just like Taijutsu.

INT Med has Poison Scalpel which is an instant cast stun on a 4 second cooldown. Since INT Med is often paired with a lot of masteries this stun leads to combos which are fairly easy to land and are landable often. It also cancels stand casts insanely easy due to the low cooldown. 

Wind is one of the more annoying things to fight right now. It has high base damages, fast projectiles, highest damage homing, 2 instant cast CC jutsu which do really high damage. Those 2 instant cast CC jutsu can also be chained together dealing more damage than most other elements can do by doing their cast time combos. Sand Wind users also have access to the Slashing Tornadoes jutsu which is an insant cast triple tile projectile which stuns the enemy, it is a very meta jutsu that almost every Sand Wind user has.

Instant cast CC jutsu are in my opinion the biggest problem right now. The hidden mastery weapons are also weapons which cast instant cast CC. The Fan casts instant cast ranged knockback jutsu while the Pipe casts an instant cast snare trap. The solution to some of the instant cast CC would be giving them a cast time, while others might be fixed with a higher cooldown or by removing the CC they have.

Another big part of why the current meta is becoming stale is how strong such jutsu are with Flicker/Sub Punishing. Flickering into instant cast stun to do high damage combos is a very flawed gameplay, it is not fun to take that much unavoidable damage, the same jutsu are also used to punish the person that uses Substitution. Using a jutsu that avoids damage just to get stunned right after and combod by insane damage is really annoying.

This is all amplified if the user uses a Fan or a Pipe. These weapons have autotile aim, meaning that if your opponent is 1 tile away from you they will automatically hit them, you do not even have to face their direction, you just press the melee button and you have instantly CCed them. This is a very big balance flaw cause not every user will have access to such a weapon and there is even a whole village that does not have anything like this (Leaf). Taking combos just cause someone has a weapon you do not have and all they have to do is press melee button when you use Substitution is the most unfun part of gameplay right now.

A lot of people will say that the balance flaw with all of this is how Flicker/Substitution work, but in my opinion there are a lot of masteries which can also use Flicker but do not have broken combos such as these, and there are a lot of masteries which can try to punish your Substitution but won't do nearly the same amount of damage as the masteries which have instant cast CC.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Agreed.

To sum it up as masteries that deal consistent guarantee damage (Easy to land homings) and massive damage combos that you can't even deal with, taijutsu that can cancel many casts/spam their low cool downs with their instant abilities are super good and worth playing.

I would recommend to any new player that is creating a character as things are right now; 1. Wind 2. GF/Tai 3. WM 4. Medic

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yamikami said:

I would like to discuss the current balance within the game.

The current meta relies too much on using hidden mastery weapons/jutsu and Flicker/Sub Punish combos, melee masteries are also a bit too strong.
The masteries which are considered "broken" right now are Tai/GF, INT Med, Wind, WM.

WM is mostly considered "broken" cause of it's stronger weapons having rather high attack speed while doing really strong damage, I think the only thing that should be nerfed are the weapon stats.

Tai/GF, INT Med, Wind have one thing in common - instant cast CC.

Tai also has rather high attack speed scaling and has access to melee weapons such as Blood Tonfas which have a knockback chance and high base damage, that along with having 2 subs, 2 instant cast CC jutsu (one of which has a 5 second cooldown) and two 1 second run cast CCs make this a really hard mastery to deal with.

Gentle Fist has insanely high damage scaling and really easy to land Flicker combo damage that has high burst. Due to having two instant cast CC and two 1 second run cast CC it is a rather hard to punish and hard to deal with mastery, just like Taijutsu.

INT Med has Poison Scalpel which is an instant cast stun on a 4 second cooldown. Since INT Med is often paired with a lot of masteries this stun leads to combos which are fairly easy to land and are landable often. It also cancels stand casts insanely easy due to the low cooldown. 

Wind is one of the more annoying things to fight right now. It has high base damages, fast projectiles, highest damage homing, 2 instant cast CC jutsu which do really high damage. Those 2 instant cast CC jutsu can also be chained together dealing more damage than most other elements can do by doing their cast time combos. Sand Wind users also have access to the Slashing Tornadoes jutsu which is an insant cast triple tile projectile which stuns the enemy, it is a very meta jutsu that almost every Sand Wind user has.

Instant cast CC jutsu are in my opinion the biggest problem right now. The hidden mastery weapons are also weapons which cast instant cast CC. The Fan casts instant cast ranged knockback jutsu while the Pipe casts an instant cast snare trap. The solution to some of the instant cast CC would be giving them a cast time, while others might be fixed with a higher cooldown or by removing the CC they have.

Another big part of why the current meta is becoming stale is how strong such jutsu are with Flicker/Sub Punishing. Flickering into instant cast stun to do high damage combos is a very flawed gameplay, it is not fun to take that much unavoidable damage, the same jutsu are also used to punish the person that uses Substitution. Using a jutsu that avoids damage just to get stunned right after and combod by insane damage is really annoying.

This is all amplified if the user uses a Fan or a Pipe. These weapons have autotile aim, meaning that if your opponent is 1 tile away from you they will automatically hit them, you do not even have to face their direction, you just press the melee button and you have instantly CCed them. This is a very big balance flaw cause not every user will have access to such a weapon and there is even a whole village that does not have anything like this (Leaf). Taking combos just cause someone has a weapon you do not have and all they have to do is press melee button when you use Substitution is the most unfun part of gameplay right now.

A lot of people will say that the balance flaw with all of this is how Flicker/Substitution work, but in my opinion there are a lot of masteries which can also use Flicker but do not have broken combos such as these, and there are a lot of masteries which can try to punish your Substitution but won't do nearly the same amount of damage as the masteries which have instant cast CC.

wm is only broken if you dont know how to fight one  most players knwo how to fight wm by not letting them get close  ;-;

• Like 1

This post is totally needed. Yami has played and still plays on a ton of different masteries, and he as well as tons of other Nin players know the state at which the pvp is in this game. You don’t even have to be a good player to win a fight against some of the more experienced players if you use wind/medic. In fact, any weapon or jutsu that gives wind a tiny opening allows the mastery to unleash some fast and destructive damage. In addition, wm and Tai have always been an issue from the start. I just don’t know any solution to those masteries.

Forgot to say this the first time, but every staff member should look at this. I was hoping rory would be influenced by how op wind was during the war event but I don’t think he was there (at least for the duration of the time I was there). These are some seriously good suggestions and shouldn’t be ignored.

Edited by Eagly
  • Like 4
  • Boring 1

The issue with Tai and GF is flicker. They are mostly fine without abusing flicker, the issue is Rory refusing to acknowledge that flicker is badly designed.

WM is very much beatable without bone. Nerf bone sword's speed and/or damage. 1.6k HP with 70 melee damage, which is way faster than it should be, is not okay.

Couldn't be simpler for Wind, it was fine before. People said its weak, when it really wasn't, and it got unnecessary buffs. Revert said buffs. Doesn't require a PHD to figure out. Nerf claw (run-cast?), remove stun from vacuums and replace it with something more punishable. Wind is and always has been a mastery focused around combos and dishing out a lot of single target damage quickly, just because you don't like that and it stops you from having 30 minute fights until the other person falls asleep, doesn't make it bad. Scaling nerf already made HP more valuable than int, that's why majority of the players are tanks and tickle each other until someone's fingers go numb from throwing 50 damage jutsus and hope they hit.
Also, make Fan weapon and Tornadoes, Fan mastery (Strength wind) exclusive, not Sand exclusive. 

Instacast CC is okay on its own, scalpel is pretty hard to land without flicker.. i.e. its time to consider reworking flicker, now that's a jutsu that can make use of run-cast - so it can be reacted to - or.. simply lowering its range is better than nothing.

Cast times don't make the game more balanced, they make it more boring. With cast times on certain jutsus, I can agree (Claw), but giving cast time on everything that's insta-cast is just plain dumb. Wanting slow and boring PvP is a personal choice, just because you prefer 20 minute fights, doesn't make it the right thing to do. A lot of people prefer dynamic one-shotty PvP, as long as everything can be countered and nothing is an insta win.

First of all, as I've said before, balance DOES NOT mean that every mastery is as strong as the next, it means that nothing is dumb overpowered and single-handedly dominates every other mastery. Some masteries will always be better at certain things than others, you will never have every mastery be the same in everything and doing the same thing. I like to split masteries in 2 categories - primary (wind, fire, int wm, etc.) and support (water, lightning, medic etc). The former has a lot of damage but no reliable CC, the latter provides CC to set up combos. They will never be the same thing. Some are AoE, some are single-target, some focus entirely/mostly on CC while others are only meant to do damage. They will never be equally strong/effective in every aspect of the game. Unless, of course, masteries just get deleted and everyone is left with just throwing tools at each other. May as well at this point.

Second of all, you only listed stuff that are strong and need nerfing, and this is why we will never have balance. If you've spent the past few years thinking about balance 24/7 365 and still haven't realised that [only] nerfing everything that is playable kills PvP rather than fixing it, I don't know what to tell you. The reasons that certain masteries are stronger than others in comparison, is because some masteries were overnerfed (ironically, due to your suggestions). Isn't really rocket science to realise, maybe if you buff stuff, they won't be destroyed so easily ;ooo. And, no, nerfing everything and every mastery becoming as strong/weak as Lightning, will not make the game magically balanced (read my point above). Wind becoming as slow and cast-time-y as Lightning, will not make the game balanced. Lightning has an absurd amount of CC, its cast times are to make up for that. A single chidori or pillars [which, mind you, can be chained together, alongside spear :O] can win a whole fight. What will cast time wind [for example] do? Nothing, that's what. 
Wanting buffs can prove to be a bad thing, as well, as has been proven in the past year. Wind did not need a buff. So.. maybe balance posts should require some sort of an IQ test before you can post em.. or at least some common sense test. But even then, I'd rather have trial and error buffs than simply nerfing everything that is actually at least somewhat usable in the game and doesn't have 5 seconds cast times, costs half your chakra and if it ever hits, because of how bad it is, it does next to no damage.

If archived posts weren't gone(?), I'd prove to you that history is and will keep repeating itself, if people who have no idea what they are talking about (like Yami) keep suggesting everything that comes to mind, without trying to see the bigger picture and take more than [I play Lightning, so by nerfing everything else, Lightning will be good] in perspective. Nerfs are okay, where they are needed, buffs are okay, where they are needed. Personal preferences and opinions don't mean they are the only truth, they are just personal preferences and opinions. Struggling against certain masteries, doesn't mean they need to just be gutted until they aren't usable anymore, it probably means your masteries have just been nerfed too much.

If you do a small "research" you will see that the amount of posts/people talking about #justiceforintwind - when the mastery was already doing its job just fine and always had been even when people were calling it the weakest element, because it had no CC - is about the same as the those asking for fire buffs and saying its weak. And it really isn't. So.. if wind becomes nerfed to the ground (which your suggested run-casts will do), I can bet anything that something else that is now considered weak [and isn't] will be considered OP and will have posts asking for nerfs. Wind has shown how easily posts go from #justiceforX to #nerfX. Wonder if its Fire's time again.. people are already mentioning Earth.. hell, maybe its Water's time again, maybe the circle will repeat itself after almost 3 years.
In February 2018, I made a post called "Not everything you die to is OP", and people misunderstood its purpose. I mostly talked about how gutting Water or other masteries will make other masteries OP. Ironically, it was a lot of Earth and Fire players that were making the daily "NERF WP" posts, because ThEiR MaStErIeS ArE WeAk. That was exactly one of my points, I said that when Water is nerfed, Fire and Earth may be the next in line.. GUESS WHAT!!! Fire and Earth were not only no longer considered weak, they both had their NERF THIS posts!! Surprising, innit?!? But instead of trying to understand what I meant and trying to think of a solution other than NERF NERF NERF, people were saying I'm defending Water [and sure, I was to a point, but that was not what the post was about].

You say Lightning is the perfect example for balanced mastery because it has cast times and selfstuns, and while this is true, it only implies that without cast times, it would be dumb OP. Imagine insta-cast chidori, or normal runcast/no self-stun pillars. It goes for Lightning alone. Giving everything else cast times on every jutsu, without taking everything in account, will not make stuff balanced.. It will kill masteries.

Before some genius says OrI Is DeFeNdInG Op MaStEriEs, I have every mastery in the game on a high level, I can and have played on many different accounts, so I could not care less. I just don't want another destroyed mastery, because people think they are balance experts. Just try thinking before you post.

• Like 6

This game has a serious problem of just nerfing things instead of actually reworking trash abilities and bringing the rest of the game up to par. 

And honestly it's the fault of people like you, anytime you think a mastery is "strong" you brigade the forums to get it changed by adding self stuns, cast times, whatever bro, literally whatever band aid fix you come up with at the time of you seething.

But think about it, maybe wind isn't actually strong and plays how most masteries should play, it's fun, fast, it actually does damage, most of the abilities don't self stun you and so on. 

What we really should strive for is most masteries playing out this way because let's be honest nobody wants to be self stunned after every ability Yamikami. The only problem wind has right now in my opinion is that vacuum stuns, claw might be slightly overtuned and it just synergizes too well with INT med, because again, most wind abilities don't self stun so you're able to do combos off of poison scalpel which by the way, also shouldn't stun. I'm just using wind as an example here I'm not gonna bother arguing about every mastery you mentioned.

Now with that in mind, I'm kindly asking you to stop making this game worse for everyone by constantly brigading the forums with your terrible feedback that by some miracle actually gets taken into account.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Miki said:

This game has a serious problem of just nerfing things instead of actually reworking trash abilities and bringing the rest of the game up to par. 

And honestly it's the fault of people like you, anytime you think a mastery is "strong" you brigade the forums to get it changed by adding self stuns, cast times, whatever bro, literally whatever band aid fix you come up with at the time of you seething.

But think about it, maybe wind isn't actually strong and plays how most masteries should play, it's fun, fast, it actually does damage, most of the abilities don't self stun you and so on. 

What we really should strive for is most masteries playing out this way because let's be honest nobody wants to be self stunned after every ability Yamikami. The only problem wind has right now in my opinion is that vacuum stuns, claw might be slightly overtuned and it just synergizes too well with INT med, because again, most wind abilities don't self stun so you're able to do combos off of poison scalpel which by the way, also shouldn't stun. I'm just using wind as an example here I'm not gonna bother arguing about every mastery you mentioned.

Now with that in mind, I'm kindly asking you to stop making this game worse for everyone by constantly brigading the forums with your terrible feedback that by some miracle actually gets taken into account.

My long ass comment, summerised, lol. Wholeheartedly agree to everything you said. Yami does this every time he makes a new alt. He tries nerfing everything else while calling his mastery balanced. Sometimes even asks for buffs and when he's done with it, wants it nerfed. People mistake balance with how they want the game to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ori said:

The issue with Tai and GF is flicker. They are mostly fine without abusing flicker, the issue is Rory refusing to acknowledge that flicker is badly designed.

WM is very much beatable without bone. Nerf bone sword's speed and/or damage. 1.6k HP with 70 melee damage, which is way faster than it should be, is not okay.

Couldn't be simpler for Wind, it was fine before. People said its weak, when it really wasn't, and it got unnecessary buffs. Revert said buffs. Doesn't require a PHD to figure out. Nerf claw (run-cast?), remove stun from vacuums and replace it with something more punishable. Wind is and always has been a mastery focused around combos and dishing out a lot of single target damage quickly, just because you don't like that and it stops you from having 30 minute fights until the other person falls asleep, doesn't make it bad. Scaling nerf already made HP more valuable than int, that's why majority of the players are tanks and tickle each other until someone's fingers go numb from throwing 50 damage jutsus and hope they hit.
Also, make Fan weapon and Tornadoes, Fan mastery (Strength wind) exclusive, not Sand exclusive. 

Instacast CC is okay on its own, scalpel is pretty hard to land without flicker.. i.e. its time to consider reworking flicker, now that's a jutsu that can make use of run-cast - so it can be reacted to - or.. simply lowering its range is better than nothing.

Cast times don't make the game more balanced, they make it more boring. With cast times on certain jutsus, I can agree (Claw), but giving cast time on everything that's insta-cast is just plain dumb. Wanting slow and boring PvP is a personal choice, just because you prefer 20 minute fights, doesn't make it the right thing to do. A lot of people prefer dynamic one-shotty PvP, as long as everything can be countered and nothing is an insta win.

First of all, as I've said before, balance DOES NOT mean that every mastery is as strong as the next, it means that nothing is dumb overpowered and single-handedly dominates every other mastery. Some masteries will always be better at certain things than others, you will never have every mastery be the same in everything and doing the same thing. I like to split masteries in 2 categories - primary (wind, fire, int wm, etc.) and support (water, lightning, medic etc). The former has a lot of damage but no reliable CC, the latter provides CC to set up combos. They will never be the same thing. Some are AoE, some are single-target, some focus entirely/mostly on CC while others are only meant to do damage. They will never be equally strong/effective in every aspect of the game. Unless, of course, masteries just get deleted and everyone is left with just throwing tools at each other. May as well at this point.

Second of all, you only listed stuff that are strong and need nerfing, and this is why we will never have balance. If you've spent the past few years thinking about balance 24/7 365 and still haven't realised that [only] nerfing everything that is playable kills PvP rather than fixing it, I don't know what to tell you. The reasons that certain masteries are stronger than others in comparison, is because some masteries were overnerfed (ironically, due to your suggestions). Isn't really rocket science to realise, maybe if you buff stuff, they won't be destroyed so easily ;ooo. And, no, nerfing everything and every mastery becoming as strong/weak as Lightning, will not make the game magically balanced (read my point above). Wind becoming as slow and cast-time-y as Lightning, will not make the game balanced. Lightning has an absurd amount of CC, its cast times are to make up for that. A single chidori or pillars [which, mind you, can be chained together, alongside spear :O] can win a whole fight. What will cast time wind [for example] do? Nothing, that's what. 
Wanting buffs can prove to be a bad thing, as well, as has been proven in the past year. Wind did not need a buff. So.. maybe balance posts should require some sort of an IQ test before you can post em.. or at least some common sense test. But even then, I'd rather have trial and error buffs than simply nerfing everything that is actually at least somewhat usable in the game and doesn't have 5 seconds cast times, costs half your chakra and if it ever hits, because of how bad it is, it does next to no damage.

If archived posts weren't gone(?), I'd prove to you that history is and will keep repeating itself, if people who have no idea what they are talking about (like Yami) keep suggesting everything that comes to mind, without trying to see the bigger picture and take more than [I play Lightning, so by nerfing everything else, Lightning will be good] in perspective. Nerfs are okay, where they are needed, buffs are okay, where they are needed. Personal preferences and opinions don't mean they are the only truth, they are just personal preferences and opinions. Struggling against certain masteries, doesn't mean they need to just be gutted until they aren't usable anymore, it probably means your masteries have just been nerfed too much.

If you do a small "research" you will see that the amount of posts/people talking about #justiceforintwind - when the mastery was already doing its job just fine and always had been even when people were calling it the weakest element, because it had no CC - is about the same as the those asking for fire buffs and saying its weak. And it really isn't. So.. if wind becomes nerfed to the ground (which your suggested run-casts will do), I can bet anything that something else that is now considered weak [and isn't] will be considered OP and will have posts asking for nerfs. Wind has shown how easily posts go from #justiceforX to #nerfX. Wonder if its Fire's time again.. people are already mentioning Earth.. hell, maybe its Water's time again, maybe the circle will repeat itself after almost 3 years.
In February 2018, I made a post called "Not everything you die to is OP", and people misunderstood its purpose. I mostly talked about how gutting Water or other masteries will make other masteries OP. Ironically, it was a lot of Earth and Fire players that were making the daily "NERF WP" posts, because ThEiR MaStErIeS ArE WeAk. That was exactly one of my points, I said that when Water is nerfed, Fire and Earth may be the next in line.. GUESS WHAT!!! Fire and Earth were not only no longer considered weak, they both had their NERF THIS posts!! Surprising, innit?!? But instead of trying to understand what I meant and trying to think of a solution other than NERF NERF NERF, people were saying I'm defending Water [and sure, I was to a point, but that was not what the post was about].

You say Lightning is the perfect example for balanced mastery because it has cast times and selfstuns, and while this is true, it only implies that without cast times, it would be dumb OP. Imagine insta-cast chidori, or normal runcast/no self-stun pillars. It goes for Lightning alone. Giving everything else cast times on every jutsu, without taking everything in account, will not make stuff balanced.. It will kill masteries.

Before some genius says OrI Is DeFeNdInG Op MaStEriEs, I have every mastery in the game on a high level, I can and have played on many different accounts, so I could not care less. I just don't want another destroyed mastery, because people think they are balance experts. Just try thinking before you post.

"The solution to some of the instant cast CC would be giving them a cast time, while others might be fixed with a higher cooldown or by removing the CC they have."

Nowhere in the post have I actually suggested a solution for an actual jutsu or just went and said "give them all run cast". I have proposed multiple solutions for all of the jutsu, I did not name just Wind and said what your reply is stating. Nerfing stuff that is too strong is how balance works, these masteries are the ones that almost the whole playerbase sees as too strong. 

You talk about trying to think of a solution other than nerfing but do not give an example of what could be done if not nerfing. I have played long enough to know when something needs a nerf. I have played all of these masteries and know just how easy it is to play them. There is a reason why the game is flooded with Wind users, it is currently the easiest mastery to do a lot of damage with while also CCing your opponent. Same goes for other masteries which I have mentioned, they are very popular and easy to do good with cause of how strong they are compared to the rest.

A lot of the jutsu which were given a cast time/self stun in the past were dumb OP. Lightning is not the only mastery which would be OP without them.
The last update which gave more cast times to masteries was aimed at instant cast CC jutsu for the exact same reason that I am stating in this post.

3 minutes ago, Yamikami said:

"The solution to some of the instant cast CC would be giving them a cast time, while others might be fixed with a higher cooldown or by removing the CC they have."

Nowhere in the post have I actually suggested a solution for an actual jutsu or just went and said "give them all run cast". I have proposed multiple solutions for all of the jutsu, I did not name just Wind and said what your reply is stating. Nerfing stuff that is too strong is how balance works, these masteries are the ones that almost the whole playerbase sees as too strong. 

You talk about trying to think of a solution other than nerfing but do not give an example of what could be done if not nerfing. I have played long enough to know when something needs a nerf. I have played all of these masteries and know just how easy it is to play them. There is a reason why the game is flooded with Wind users, it is currently the easiest mastery to do a lot of damage with while also CCing your opponent. Same goes for other masteries which I have mentioned, they are very popular and easy to do good with cause of how strong they are compared to the rest.

A lot of the jutsu which were given a cast time/self stun in the past were dumb OP. Lightning is not the only mastery which would be OP without them.
The last update which gave more cast times to masteries was aimed at instant cast CC jutsu for the exact same reason that I am stating in this post.

I am referring to your "make vacuums run-cast" idea. You've proven that you don't like/want insta-casts and your balance always revolves around cast times, which for me is weird.
I have not suggested buffs, because I personally don't think anything [besides bubble] is too weak to a point of needing buffs, nor do I think anything is incredibly overpowered and can't be easily fixed without being gutted. Most of the suggestions I've read are unnecessary and, frankly, pretty dumb.
I do think certain masteries need a bit of tuning, like, str WM needs a complete rework, but for the most part.. it really isn't that deep, I don't know why people over complicate stuff. I too have played the game for long enough and as I said, I have every mastery in the game to either level 50+ or close to 50. Most of the issues in the game lay in Rory refusing to change flicker and instead changing whole masteries that can make use of it. I have already listed what I think should be priority.
I believe Jun's post covers a decent chunk of the problems with current balance and has some decent suggestions [I don't agree with absolutely everything, didn't even read the GF part]. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ori said:

I am referring to your "make vacuums run-cast" idea. You've proven that you don't like/want insta-casts and your balance always revolves around cast times, which for me is weird.
I have not suggested buffs, because I personally don't think anything [besides bubble] is too weak to a point of needing buffs, nor do I think anything is incredibly overpowered and can't be easily fixed without being gutted. Most of the suggestions I've read are unnecessary and, frankly, pretty dumb.
I do think certain masteries need a bit of tuning, like, str WM needs a complete rework, but for the most part.. it really isn't that deep, I don't know why people over complicate stuff. I too have played the game for long enough and as I said, I have every mastery in the game to either level 50+ or close to 50. Most of the issues in the game lay in Rory refusing to change flicker and instead changing whole masteries that can make use of it. I have already listed what I think should be priority.
I believe Jun's post covers a decent chunk of the problems with current balance and has some decent suggestions [I don't agree with absolutely everything, didn't even read the GF part]. 

I did not say that is the only solution. You can also remove the stun the jutsu has right now, but that would kinda make it like a worse Fire Dragon, which is what the jutsu was before it was given a stun. The run cast is a solution that makes it keep the stun which makes it different from Fire Dragon. I do not mind either of the solutions.

An easy way to fix this is very simple - We can all agree that the current HP meta is boring ASF, when you have high lvl your stats are all the same, theres no variety, everyone is a tank because HP prevails ANYTHING and its been like that for awhile and its not fun 30 min long fights are not even a joke it actually happens.

How to fix current meta?
+ Bring a new one, remove any stun abilities used with body flicker, make it so you cannot stun/snare enemies if you use it with body flickers, they can still be damaged but thats it, this would end the toxicty with body flicker broken combos, you can still use it to harass.
+ Nerf HP stat and buff INT / TAI/AGI stat, bring damage back again, current damage stat scaling are crap and people only level it up to get a certain jutsu and leave it.
+Improve combat system by adding slows (not as strong as doton slows like 15-20%) when enemies are hit by projectiles/melee combos, so people can engage and actually fight instead of chasing 24/7.

And Ueda hates me more than yall compared to this 
But i must say i agree with Yami and disagree with Ichika's trash post
#FreeYami!

I dont understand the negative answers to this post...literally everyone made similar post saying the same stuff and everyone agreed. Every of those things mentionned are right to a degree, or 100% right.

I dont know why people are asking for damage buffs and talking how fun is one shot meta. That aint fun at all.

PS : nerf/change/rework flicker and close of everything is fixed.

• Angry 1

Long time no see Ifrit chan!
Also i disagree with the flicker thing that why i reacted with Angry just to let u know <3

• Thanks 1

The problem is not flicker. The problem is the 3-tile wide instant cast jutsus that let you chain combos. Flicker is a jutsu that is available to everyone. It excels in masteries that have 3 tile wide instant cast jutsus. If you get hit by a flicker scalpel, you have poor situational awareness and play like a bot. Plain and simple.

3 hours ago, Incinerate said:

The problem is not flicker. The problem is the 3-tile wide instant cast jutsus that let you chain combos. Flicker is a jutsu that is available to everyone. It excels in masteries that have 3 tile wide instant cast jutsus. If you get hit by a flicker scalpel, you have poor situational awareness and play like a bot. Plain and simple.

How is a jutsu that actually is the reason behind NUMEROUS nerfs to the ground jutsu not the problem. ''this is overpowered comboed with flicker! nerf this mastery!'' Nerf flicker dont ruin masteries.

• Like 1

a skillshot turns into a homing when you can land it with a flicker and the other person cant dodge it. single tile jutsus are near impossible to land off of flicker. 3-tile quick casts land off of flicker quite often. it's free damage.