Gilgamesh

Professions in Nin Online?!

Hi everyone,

This is an idea that's been running through my head since I started playing Nin and I finally feel comfortable enough to share it with you.

It's a very radical idea, and probably is nowhere near close to being something added if ever but I still feel like I need to get this off my chest.

"Life skills, professions, skills" Whatever you want to call them Non-Combat skill-trees is a concept that could be very interesting in Nin.

As we know, all three villages are at war. But, why are we at war? Right now it's just "You're not in Village X so I'm going to kill you" We get waging war missions but we don't really have a reason to be at war in the first place.

My idea is to add 5 Professions to the game: 

1. Mining
  2. Fishing
  3. Lumber
  4. Cooking
  5. Metal-working 

Three "Gathering" Professions (Which would consist of acquiring resources) and two "Artisan" Professions (Which would consist of using the resources gathered to create usable items by players)

Let's develop each Profession:

Mining 

Mining would be a profession that consists of gathering Metal from resource deposits which could then be used in the metal working process.

Higher mining level would allow you to mine better minerals as well as mining previous minerals faster.

As sand is a desert like area, most resource deposits would be around Sand areas, Dangerzones like: Big Scarabs Cave and The Puppet Area would have more than the average supply and rarer minerals.

A new additional area that could be added is a quarry south of the big desert which would have a lot of the best resources, but this is in a high activity area and enemy ninja would be expecting people to be mining here.

Fishing 

Fishing would work in a very similar way to Mining, fishing for fish in specific spots, which could then be cooked into edible fish using the Cooking profession.

Higher fishing level would allow you to catch better fish, and catch fish faster.

Most points of interest for fishing would be in Mist, with dangerzones having more fishing spots/rarer fish. 

The hotpoint for fishing could be an extension of the island between Kraken and Mist Going to a map downwards making the island larger and having fishing spots around the island.

Lumber 

Lumber would allow players to chop and gather wood from trees, which can be used in both the Cooking and Metal Working Professions.

Higher level Lumber would allow the player to gather better wood, and chop wood faster.

Most PoI would be in Leaf, again Dangerzones having more resources than the norm.

The hotpoint for Lumber would be either the Chakra Forest itself or a Lumber yard map on the east side of it.

There could be a major point of interest south of the Akatsuki Cave where there are Fishing spots, Resource Deposits and Rarer Woods.

Cooking 

Cooking would consist of cooking the fish gathered with the fishing profession, you would use the wood gathered in Lumber to power the stove and better wood means less chance of failure.
Cooked fish would restore Chakra, Health maybe give slight boosts to skills. 

In order to remove competition with oil and chakra pills they could be nerfed or removed? (I am not sure how to handle this, feel free for any suggestions)

Higher cooking level would allow you to cook better fish, and have less chance of burning.

Metal-working 

Metal Working would work in a similar way to cooking, One would work the Metal gathered with mining into usable tools and weapons. Wood gathered with Lumber would power the Furnace better wood means working the metal faster due to achieving  higher temperature.

This could allow for more weapon variety, to compete with the store bought weapons and tools either they could be removed completely 

OR a formula could be instated for example each level in Metal-Working would give a 1% bonus to damage done with a tool compared to a store bought one and the same would go for weapons.

(So if the highest Metal-Working level was 50 a level 50 tool would do 1.5x the damage a normal tool would do)

Higher level Metal-Working would give that boost as well as simply allowing you to make better weapons, and tools.

Just to reiterate, any villager can work any profession it would simply be easier for a Leaf Ninja to train Lumber for example.

I think this addition could really add some political intrigue to the game, as well as just allowing players something to really fight for it would give players who don't just want to fight eachother something to do and be known for "Oh so and so has the best fish on the market" etc.

I want to thank anyone who's made it this far and please please I am open to any ideas, I know this is a long ways off if Rory even sees it but I genuinely believe this could be an extremely interesting thing to see in Nin.

Gilgamesh.

• Like 10

@stephen 

I agree tho, would be fun. It was planned in the past (@stephen), but yeah.. 

Yeah rory already said he was interested in this, would be nice too take your mind of endlessly hitting mobs to lvl lol

Just now, Sukki said:

wont get added end topic

Shoo shoo back to your cave of negative vibes, goblin!

• Like 1

Just now, Gilgamesh said:

Shoo shoo back to your cave of negative vibes, goblin!

shoo shoo back to your no-skill cave trash ty

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sukki said:

wont get added end topic

It's still good to provide ideas to determine the future for the game. Simply coming here to bash his topic idea doesn't help at all.

• Like 4

I can think of how exiting could be to give more meaning to the war is held between villages, like a village trying to secure an mining/fish spot area for themselves, and economy in the game being much more complex and real. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Jellal said:

It's still good to provide ideas to determine the future for the game. Simply coming here to bash his topic idea doesn't help at all.

son you talking like i didnt try
I tried 
ah
event aka bg

proffesions

crafting items

village ce

many many shits more gl boys

50 minutes ago, Jellal said:

Factual

22 minutes ago, Haru Yamamoto said:

I actually like that this game doesn't have these :P But if they were less generic and more ninja themed I might be into it.

Ok, how would you make them more "Ninja" themed?

21 minutes ago, Gilgamesh said:

Ok, how would you make them more "Ninja" themed?

Oh no idea. If I had some ideas I would have posted them with this. But if someone could come up with something I'd love to hear it.

Off the cuff though: Maybe revisiting jobs already in the game and make them more dynamic/rewarding? Make a teacher/sensei profession, Maybe revisit how people earn Chunin as there aren't many in game, or revisit the requirements to be a sensei. Make a way for medics to earn ryo, maybe by allowing them to be hired by other villages, or making alchemy a thing? Make bounty hunting more dynamic or mercenaries. I like the idea of metal work, aka ninja tools, being in game. Maybe diversify that idea? Like metal work, paper craft, etc. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Gilgamesh said:

Hi everyone,

This is an idea that's been running through my head since I started playing Nin and I finally feel comfortable enough to share it with you.

It's a very radical idea, and probably is nowhere near close to being something added if ever but I still feel like I need to get this off my chest.

"Life skills, professions, skills" Whatever you want to call them Non-Combat skill-trees is a concept that could be very interesting in Nin.

As we know, all three villages are at war. But, why are we at war? Right now it's just "You're not in Village X so I'm going to kill you" We get waging war missions but we don't really have a reason to be at war in the first place.

My idea is to add 5 Professions to the game: 

1. Mining
  2. Fishing
  3. Lumber
  4. Cooking
  5. Metal-working 

Three "Gathering" Professions (Which would consist of acquiring resources) and two "Artisan" Professions (Which would consist of using the resources gathered to create usable items by players)

Let's develop each Profession:

Mining 

Mining would be a profession that consists of gathering Metal from resource deposits which could then be used in the metal working process.

Higher mining level would allow you to mine better minerals as well as mining previous minerals faster.

As sand is a desert like area, most resource deposits would be around Sand areas, Dangerzones like: Big Scarabs Cave and The Puppet Area would have more than the average supply and rarer minerals.

A new additional area that could be added is a quarry south of the big desert which would have a lot of the best resources, but this is in a high activity area and enemy ninja would be expecting people to be mining here.

Fishing 

Fishing would work in a very similar way to Mining, fishing for fish in specific spots, which could then be cooked into edible fish using the Cooking profession.

Higher fishing level would allow you to catch better fish, and catch fish faster.

Most points of interest for fishing would be in Mist, with dangerzones having more fishing spots/rarer fish. 

The hotpoint for fishing could be an extension of the island between Kraken and Mist Going to a map downwards making the island larger and having fishing spots around the island.

Lumber 

Lumber would allow players to chop and gather wood from trees, which can be used in both the Cooking and Metal Working Professions.

Higher level Lumber would allow the player to gather better wood, and chop wood faster.

Most PoI would be in Leaf, again Dangerzones having more resources than the norm.

The hotpoint for Lumber would be either the Chakra Forest itself or a Lumber yard map on the east side of it.

There could be a major point of interest south of the Akatsuki Cave where there are Fishing spots, Resource Deposits and Rarer Woods.

Cooking 

Cooking would consist of cooking the fish gathered with the fishing profession, you would use the wood gathered in Lumber to power the stove and better wood means less chance of failure.
Cooked fish would restore Chakra, Health maybe give slight boosts to skills. 

In order to remove competition with oil and chakra pills they could be nerfed or removed? (I am not sure how to handle this, feel free for any suggestions)

Higher cooking level would allow you to cook better fish, and have less chance of burning.

Metal-working 

Metal Working would work in a similar way to cooking, One would work the Metal gathered with mining into usable tools and weapons. Wood gathered with Lumber would power the Furnace better wood means working the metal faster due to achieving  higher temperature.

This could allow for more weapon variety, to compete with the store bought weapons and tools either they could be removed completely 

OR a formula could be instated for example each level in Metal-Working would give a 1% bonus to damage done with a tool compared to a store bought one and the same would go for weapons.

(So if the highest Metal-Working level was 50 a level 50 tool would do 1.5x the damage a normal tool would do)

Higher level Metal-Working would give that boost as well as simply allowing you to make better weapons, and tools.

Just to reiterate, any villager can work any profession it would simply be easier for a Leaf Ninja to train Lumber for example.

I think this addition could really add some political intrigue to the game, as well as just allowing players something to really fight for it would give players who don't just want to fight eachother something to do and be known for "Oh so and so has the best fish on the market" etc.

I want to thank anyone who's made it this far and please please I am open to any ideas, I know this is a long ways off if Rory even sees it but I genuinely believe this could be an extremely interesting thing to see in Nin.

Gilgamesh.

so basic skill like in most mmorpgs .

I liked the suggestion it would be cool, this metal work would be every good also for those who chose weapon mastery

• Like 1

Sukki always disagreeing with every post like a negative guy like if he disagrees on every single thing of the game just leave bro...

1 hour ago, Dokufu said:

Sukki always disagreeing with every post like a negative guy like if he disagrees on every single thing of the game just leave bro...

nope i dont disagrees with every single thing of the game i just know how many times we tried to implement crafting ah or other intresting systems it's always ends with OK I WILL THINK ABOUT IT 3 years later

1 hour ago, Dokufu said:

22 minutes ago, Sukki said:

nope i dont disagrees with every single thing of the game i just know how many times we tried to implement crafting ah or other intresting systems it's always ends with OK I WILL THINK ABOUT IT 3 years later

Please keep this negativity out of the thread so the topic doesn't get derailed.

14 hours ago, Aorin said:

I liked the suggestion it would be cool, this metal work would be every good also for those who chose weapon mastery

The idea of tools being better would benefit everyone! :)

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh said:

Please keep this negativity out of the thread so the topic doesn't get derailed.

The idea of tools being better would benefit everyone! :)

in that comment you have 0 negativity but if your brain cant hold it :pepehands: