Gilgamesh

Professions in Nin Online?!

@Sukki Rory talked about this briefly in discord and said he has an interest for this and want a similair system like this in nin online, so how would you know this would not get added lol, chill out man

1 hour ago, Niska said:

@Sukki Rory talked about this briefly in discord and said he has an interest for this and want a similair system like this in nin online, so how would you know this would not get added lol, chill out man

im just saying what i see he was talking about many things so :) just saying adv 2k18

• Shocked 1

On 8/9/2020 at 10:16 PM, Sukki said:

nope i dont disagrees with every single thing of the game i just know how many times we tried to implement crafting ah or other intresting systems it's always ends with OK I WILL THINK ABOUT IT 3 years later

Damn if I had known people have been trying to implement it, I would've check the code commits and pushed the update.

2 hours ago, Sukki said:

im just saying what i see he was talking about many things so :) just saying adv 2k18

That's unfair. How about mention a list of things that we've added without ever saying we would or putting a dateline on them?
Advanced Masteries was a stupid thing to shoot for when there wasn't content being worked on for Lv 50+.

Stop bringing up 2018 like as if there's been no updates since then.

OP: Thanks for the suggestions, I do love the idea of professions. There is a bunch of other stuff bigger on the priorities for now, but it's something that I've wanted to add for a long time!

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Ueda said:

Damn if I had known people have been trying to implement it, I would've check the code commits and pushed the update.

That's unfair. How about mention a list of things that we've added without ever saying we would or putting a dateline on them?
Advanced Masteries was a stupid thing to shoot for when there wasn't content being worked on for Lv 50+.

Stop bringing up 2018 like as if there's been no updates since then.

OP: Thanks for the suggestions, I do love the idea of professions. There is a bunch of other stuff bigger on the priorities for now, but it's something that I've wanted to add for a long time!

Yeah professions sounds good, i agree. Just because. We already have PvP, and tournaments. If that is continued and tournaments are held. People are killing each other. That part is good. Now we need more things for people who love things in mmorpg like PvE, Profession chilling. (This fishing etc etc. Gathering.) Also maybe some new way of using which you have gathered. These new weapons are good example of it. Also many bosses out there. To throw your computer from window for losing your mind of not getting 1% stuff.. :D Things like these are nice now to add more. For PvE, and gathering people. Now that PvP if not talking about balancing. Is okey. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ueda said:

That is awsome news, I'm sure combat needs to be perfected before something like this can be added but it's awesome to hear that you want to implement it ingame eventually!

On 8/6/2020 at 5:58 PM, Haru Yamamoto said:

Oh no idea. If I had some ideas I would have posted them with this. But if someone could come up with something I'd love to hear it.

Off the cuff though: Maybe revisiting jobs already in the game and make them more dynamic/rewarding? Make a teacher/sensei profession, Maybe revisit how people earn Chunin as there aren't many in game, or revisit the requirements to be a sensei. Make a way for medics to earn ryo, maybe by allowing them to be hired by other villages, or making alchemy a thing? Make bounty hunting more dynamic or mercenaries. I like the idea of metal work, aka ninja tools, being in game. Maybe diversify that idea? Like metal work, paper craft, etc. 

Just quoting myself here to clarify why I'm leery of generic professions. The reason why I like nin online is because it actually feels like a Naruto like world. It's dangerous, the masteries are great, the villages are well thought out, etc. When I watch Naruto I don't see people mining, or fishing, etc. Nor do I have a desire to do that in a Naruto like world.

However I do see the benefit of adding professions to the game. I'm just asking/hoping they aren't generic so they still mesh with the vision and feel of the game.

• Like 1