Haru Yamamoto

List of Suggestions

I wanted to compile a list of suggestions here. Note that I am a mistie so these do have a mist bias. 

1. New missions for lv 20+: One gap in knowledge I noticed as a newbie is that there isn't anything in game that explains the further details of zones, BI and their correlation to bounty and WW. I had to learn this information through mistakes and other players. You don't need this information at the beginning of the game so adding it to the tutorial is just too much of an extra information download. So if there was a mission or test of some sort explaining this when you hit 20 and can start receiving quests related to these that would be very helpful.

2. Mist having the poorest geographical advantage: There are a number of reasons for this. The first being that to get anywhere we have to cross territory that both leaf and sand can easily get to/are often occupying. We don't have a general area we can easily reach/is near our territory (Leaf Tanzaku, Sand Takumi). We also don't really have an area in our territory that utilizes our passive. A water map would be nice. There are also a few other reasons that will be their own points below.  (Rory is apparently going to add more routes which balance this out.)

3. The ship costs ryo and takes five minutes to go anywhere. I've seen plenty of lowbies leave mist for this alone. (Rory is apparently going to add more routes to balance this out) One other thing that should also be fixed is players being able to enter the boat even if damaged. Map lock should extend to boarding the boat.

4. Lowbie Missions: I have a sand alt and I can say for a fact that sand missions are easier/potentially give more exp. I can't speak to leaf. A big part of this again is due to the geographical advantage. Another big part is the Samurai Where quest. Making a lowbie go into an enemy village (which has the easiest entrance to guard in the game), grab a drink where a jonin is guarding nearby, and also having that drink drop  on death is ridiculous. Especially for the amount of experience it gives. I think this mission should either be reworked or have the experience upped and give it to higher levels. Right now everyone just abandons it.

5. Village missions: This again ties into geographical advantage. As we don't have a general area near out territory all normal missions make us proceed through enemy territory, and typically territory that is very far from us/deep into enemy land.  (Rory is apparently going to add more routes to balance this out) We only have the typical village missions (seals and free jutsu) and kraken. Our seals also doesn't give experience. 

This isn't meant as a complaint thread so I apologize if it comes off that way. I just want to list off a variety of problems that I see that could be fixed. I would love if others weighed in so I can hear a different perspective.

Edit: Updated to reflect the comments in this thread 8/15/2020.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Haru Yamamoto said:

2. Mist having the poorest geographical advantage: There are a number of reasons for this. The first being that to get anywhere we have to cross territory that both leaf and sand can easily get to/are often occupying. We don't have a general area we can easily reach/is near our territory (Leaf Tanzaku, Sand Takumi). We also don't really have an area in our territory that utilizes our passive. A water map would be nice. There are also a few other reasons that will be their own points below. 

Just to point out. You have the entire sea before the port to utilize. Running into a group of mist ninjas on the water, even with numbers is a suicide.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mana said:

Just to point out. You have the entire sea before the port to utilize. Running into a group of mist ninjas on the water, even with numbers is a suicide.

Good point, but this can be completely avoided by boarding boat. Not many people run Kraken, and if they do they are typically in a big group/the maps are huge. It doesn't really make sense to camp/utilize those maps.

Just now, Haru Yamamoto said:

Good point, but this can be completely avoided by boarding port. Not many people run Kraken, and if they do they are typically in a big group/the maps are huge. It doesn't really make sense to camp/utilize those maps

It makes a lot of sense to utilize those maps.

Just now, Niska said:

Not to mention all the broken boosted sword mist has, but they tend to keep forgetting that 

Not trying to argue or forget anything, this is for constructive feedback. Each village has an advantage that way, leaf gf, sand fan. Each village also has their own orgs with power up items. I don't think these flaws should be overlooked for 7 players having strong weapons.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

It makes a lot of sense to utilize those maps.

I disagree, I think it sounds good in theory but really doesn't work in practice. But thank you for the feedback, is there anything else you see flaws in my thinking towards in the main post?

6 minutes ago, Haru Yamamoto said:

I disagree, I think it sounds good in theory but really doesn't work in practice. But thank you for the feedback, is there anything else you see flaws in my thinking towards in the main post?

It works because I play in Mist as well and know it does, especially when there is known intel about incoming enemy.

I disagree with most of it, every village has a mission that forces you into a dangerous territory. You can give leaf an exception with their messenger mission that leads them towards Tanzaku. But they also have dango mission which leads them to Takumi.

Sand has the best grinding zones. Mist has very good grinding zones, albeit they are all danger zones. Leaf has the worst.

The only real feedback is the boat. But again, if you like the village, you will stay in it to play.

14 minutes ago, Mana said:

It works because I play in Mist as well and know it does, especially when there is known intel about incoming enemy.

I disagree with most of it, every village has a village that forces you into a dangerous territory. You can give leaf an exception with their messenger mission that leads them towards Tanzaku. But they also have dango mission which leads them to Takumi.

Sand has the best grinding zones. Mist has very good grinding zones, albeit they are all danger zones. Leaf has the worst.

The only real feedback is the boat. But again, if you like the village, you will stay in it to play.

I haven't seen an event where utilizing those maps is all that beneficial but maybe I'm too new? The ocean maps are far enough from village that if you have intel the enemy will likely be off those maps by the time you get there. Also if you have any intel in any village you can find a spot to defend. Also because of boat, there often isn't someone sticking in asoki to give intel towards enemy forces coming. 

I'm not saying that everyone doesn't have to go into dangerous territory, that would be silly. But if you look at the map mist has to cross the most to get anywhere, and both leaf and sand have areas that are "easier" to get to in enemy territory/don't go by other villages enemy territory. But maybe this is me just being naive.

Thank you for talking about the boat! How do you feel about the mission suggestions? Especially the one about the ones with zone/ww information?

Rory pointed out on his podcast that he'll add more routes to villages meaning ship isn't an "issue" then. Something like you run from mist to south and you get to Takumi etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Light said:

Rory pointed out on his podcast that he'll add more routes to villages meaning ship isn't an "issue" then. Something like you run from mist to south and you get to Takumi etc.

I didn't know about this! That sounds excellent. I'mma update the suggestion list then.