Ori

Bubble needs some love!

image.thumb.png.4edcbdcb877f49d3a4e4fa453a4e425a.png

While the calculator is probably not 100% correct, the numbers are quite believable, and it's the reason basically no one plays Bubble. Being the newest mastery in the game and seemingly fun to play, doesn't save it from being a forgotten useless mastery. Being forced to go with base requirements for strength and full tank, basically makes you a meatshield that does 0 damage. 
Instead of buffing the pipe weapon (which is basically a weapon for elements, since no one plays bubble), it needs damage tweaks.

In comparison, this is Gentle Fist's damage on 250 strength.
image.png.4e8e633c3467eec3b69d25d757698f39.png

*cough* let's not talk about how GF has better scaling than Water *cough* 

image.png.bcaa77cf9c6832bb1223bf8598c88f90.png  

Why does one village's sub path have a ridiculously high scaling, and the other(s) do less than mobs? Fix pls. Cheers.

• Like 2

Yup, i had a bubble account in the making and deleted it cause it was super underwhelming... Needs more than just a dmg buff

I mean ik gf got a nice scaling, and its nice for 1 vs 1 but just it Gf is not that good cause it is bad for Team Fights/raids/defends and bad for PVE its 1good/out of 3 me defending gf but its true that bubble needs some  love

Yeah cant compare gentle fist and bubble those mastery are meant to be played differently. Majority of the jutsus feel useless to me dont think much of a dmg change would win ppl over seems like it might just need a rework the pipe  stun should be changed and added to a higher lvl str pipe. The way bubble jutsu are other masteries would benefit more from using pipe than it. Feels like it needs a jutsu that keeps bubble placed like tags similar to this but for longer than regular pipe if thats added nerfing the pipe so other masteries wont benefit from it as more than bubble users would help with the amount of ppl who play it

27 minutes ago, Harmony said:

Yeah cant compare gentle fist and bubble those mastery are meant to be played differently. Majority of the jutsus feel useless to me dont think much of a dmg change would win ppl over seems like it might just need a rework the pipe  stun should be changed and added to a higher lvl str pipe. The way bubble jutsu are other masteries would benefit more from using pipe than it. Feels like it needs a jutsu that keeps bubble placed like tags similar to this but for longer than regular pipe if thats added nerfing the pipe so other masteries wont benefit from it as more than bubble users would help with the amount of ppl who play it

You're correct, the pipe itself is more useful than the actual jutsus. However, I think the issue is more that people don't know what works with bubble pipe. It's a snare mastery. If you're playing hybrid pipe, it can be pretty cancer. Playing bubble is a bit more tactical. You can't expect a lot of damage out of the bubbles itself, but if you pair the mastery with something like wind, fire, wm, the snares can be pretty devastating to your hp. It's actually pretty simple to play tactical with bubbles, especially if you're playing hybrid water. The only thing that I think should be changed about bubble is bubble shark being such a long cast time. I think it's like 3-4 seconds but run cast. I think making it stand still with a 1.5s or 2s cast would make hybrid bubble pretty op for 1v1s. 

Bubble needs some love, Yes, I agree, It's damage isn't really high , the scaling isn't either, I know It's a mastery which's purpose Isn't to be strong in 1v1s, It's supposed to be a team fighting mastery 'cause of it's strong amount of CC, but here is what I want to say.

Bubble's damage: (1v1s) It isn't really supposed to be strong in 1v1's but as a ninja, you will encounter yourself in fights where you're all alone, and If you're good enough, you should at least be able to hold yourself, which doesnt really happens with bubble, the damage of bubble is just too low, jutsus wise and scaling, 110 str kunai does 37 damage while you're using the pipe, that's 30 damage less than the normal, Pipe doesn't apply the base damage to the jutsus or tool, which makes the jutsus do such a little amount of damage, besides, you can only snare, you can get out-damaged by your enemy while you're trying to combo pretty easily.

Bubble damage: (Team fights) Bubble doesnt really do a lot of damage on it's own, the clone is useless in team fights, it will die to the crossfire, you can't apport a lot of damage to the enemy you caught in a snare but at least you can make the CC long enough so others can apply a decent amount of damage.

Bubble's purpose: It's supposed to be a team fighting mastery, but, Landing the lv10 jutsu isn't really easy, not even in a team fight, lv15 jutsu doesn't even snare so it's just more damage, lv20 jutsu is AoE, that's actually good, but not really ''that'' good for a supposedly team fighting mastery, lv25 jutsu (clone), just as I said before, dies in the crossfire, The lv35 jutsu has the hitbox bugged, takes 3s to charge and throw and it's too slow, it only snares in the middle and you can outrun it pretty easily. Now let's say you caught someone on a snare, first, your damage output wont be really a lot, the snare duration will depend on your jutsus's CD and if you take a time to use stuff after every snare, you can only Hard CC lock 1 enemy 'cause the bubble melee only takes 1 enemy, the others will only receive a 2s snare if they get, somehow, hit  by Bubble's jutsus, let's not say that the pipe snares can set up a CC combo chain too, every elemental with 20 str can use it too, Earth actually apports more CC than bubble does in a raid, while also being good in 1v1s, doing high damage, etc. Bubble isn't really that good as a team fighting mastery either, I know, you get caught in a bubble combo and you're probably dead, but that's using all your jutsus, and waiting as long as your enemy is snared, they can get hit by enemies too, or by the same person they're combo'ing.

IMO they should make the pipe base damage apply to jutsus too, and reduce some more the cooldowns, if you try to land your stuff and your enemy isn't snared, there isnt much you can do.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dr Haru said:

Bubble needs some love, Yes, I agree, It's damage isn't really high , the scaling isn't either, I know It's a mastery which's purpose Isn't to be strong in 1v1s, It's supposed to be a team fighting mastery 'cause of it's strong amount of CC, but here is what I want to say.

Bubble's damage: (1v1s) It isn't really supposed to be strong in 1v1's but as a ninja, you will encounter yourself in fights where you're all alone, and If you're good enough, you should at least be able to hold yourself, which doesnt really happens with bubble, the damage of bubble is just too low, jutsus wise and scaling, 110 str kunai does 37 damage while you're using the pipe, that's 30 damage less than the normal, Pipe doesn't apply the base damage to the jutsus or tool, which makes the jutsus do such a little amount of damage, besides, you can only snare, you can get out-damaged by your enemy while you're trying to combo pretty easily.

Bubble damage: (Team fights) Bubble doesnt really do a lot of damage on it's own, the clone is useless in team fights, it will die to the crossfire, you can't apport a lot of damage to the enemy you caught in a snare but at least you can make the CC long enough so others can apply a decent amount of damage.

Bubble's purpose: It's supposed to be a team fighting mastery, but, Landing the lv10 jutsu isn't really easy, not even in a team fight, lv15 jutsu doesn't even snare so it's just more damage, lv20 jutsu is AoE, that's actually good, but not really ''that'' good for a supposedly team fighting mastery, lv25 jutsu (clone), just as I said before, dies in the crossfire, The lv35 jutsu has the hitbox bugged, takes 3s to charge and throw and it's too slow, it only snares in the middle and you can outrun it pretty easily. Now let's say you caught someone on a snare, first, your damage output wont be really a lot, the snare duration will depend on your jutsus's CD and if you take a time to use stuff after every snare, you can only Hard CC lock 1 enemy 'cause the bubble melee only takes 1 enemy, the others will only receive a 2s snare if they get, somehow, hit  by Bubble's jutsus, let's not say that the pipe snares can set up a CC combo chain too, every elemental with 20 str can use it too, Earth actually apports more CC than bubble does in a raid, while also being good in 1v1s, doing high damage, etc. Bubble isn't really that good as a team fighting mastery either, I know, you get caught in a bubble combo and you're probably dead, but that's using all your jutsus, and waiting as long as your enemy is snared, they can get hit by enemies too, or by the same person they're combo'ing.

IMO they should make the pipe base damage apply to jutsus too, and reduce some more the cooldowns, if you try to land your stuff and your enemy isn't snared, there isnt much you can do.

This. People act like Bubble is some godlike teamfight mastery, when a single EP provides more than Bubble's whole kit. As I said, there is a reason almost nobody plays the mastery. Even when it was released, people tried it out for a week and reset to int. Elements just use the pipe. And, imho, that reason is that it literally does no damage. No one is willing to be a meatshield that goes in the middle of an army to chase people and try to land a single target snare that does like 30 damage and people can just flicker out of or straight up combo you in it. Meanwhile Earth CCs the whole army with a single jutsu, from a safe distance.
Fan is in a similar state, it is a teamfight mastery, but it is just so extremely outclassed by other masteries, that barely anyone is willing to play it. Being forced to go tank, because your damage is the same, either way, is not fun in any way.

**I do not think Fan needs buffs, it is good as it is. Tanks are just lame.**

Bubble is not a good mastery in any way, and people who say otherwise, are welcome you to try playing it in 1v1s or teamfights and tell me exactly what does it do that other masteries don't do 100x better. Only thing Bubble has going for it is that it seems somewhat fun to play (until you realise you do less damage than a mob) and the bubble art looks cool. Literally no other reason to ever try playing it.
Even if damage increase is not the optimal solution, the fact that Bubble is the least played mastery just means that something needs to change. Whether its a new jutsu that makes the mastery actually shine in teamfights, new pipes, you name it.. something just needs to be done or it will stay a dead mastery no one wants to play.

People who try to justify GF's scaling must have never played against one or have been playing a different game. A melee mastery with an undodgable flicker combo having the same scaling as elements is ridiculous. It is the most overwhelming mastery to play against, that has been dominating 1v1 for many years. 

The problem with Bubble is that it only has a few jutsus and the clone jutsu is garbage because you pure your summons on cooldown as well and it's not even that good, the bubble shark again long cast and it's not that good which leaves bubble with nothing to use but the pipe which is the only good thing about bubble mastery but anyone can use it so there's nothing special about it lmao...

Sometimes you really think if whoever is doing the balancing knows these issues at all or they just buff/nerf what they think is right... literally the whole community agrees that balance need help and it's been like this for months, since its release and nothing