Banking NPC and System in Game (ASAP)

Darth Vader

Question

HONESTLY

There's already a currency system and a market (and a black market) in game so the fact I even need to suggest a Banking NPC is beyond incredible. The amount of benefits that will come from a Banking NPC that will surely be pros for both the administrators and the players are almost limitless and will be listed in my paragraphs below. Everyone has need for a Banker, and almost everyone by the time they become a young adult owns some form of currency or a bank account; and even in the anime if you watched filler, there were platforms that held currency such as wallets, banks and more. There are empty buildings inside each village. Let's make use of them in one way or another!

Pros of a Bank NPC

The top reason is that it lessens the amount of alts used for banking which shapes in with Rory's original idea of sticking to one account. Almost everyone who is financially smart has a bank alt; even I do. I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say that we're tired of having to drop our items onto the ground in order to switch to another account and pick our items back up; in fear of others attempting to steal it, with that fear increasing due to the fact that the game now has instant log-outs. I remember when I first joined the Nin Online discord and someone dropped a few ceramic armors, and this is when the server was barely stable and they weren't capable of getting their ceramic armors back because they dropped it to trade it to another account and it was forever gone. A Banking NPC would have prevented all of these issues.

Some people aren't financially smart and many kids that haven't even gotten their first paychecks yet play this game. Impulse buying is a thing, no matter the case whether you are stressed or simply think an item is cool;  the fact that there is nowhere other than your inventory (on pocket in real world terms) to safely store your money influences impulse buying. I have literally had to create a separate google sheet Nin Online Checkbook just to be financially smart with my ryo because I'm not very financially smart to begin with; I am a HUGE impulse buyer, but if I or any of these kids were able to store our items and ryo with a trustworthy banking NPC this could even prevent some forms of scamming while teaching some form of financial responsibility without having to go through the effort and risk of losing our items or ryo to a server loss or another player. You would be doing a very good deed by programming a Banker NPC. 

Getting Creative With It

Now I mentioned in my prior paragraph that if a Banking NPC were included; you could teach some people how to be financially smart, but why stop there?! Currently, the most efficient way to earn ryo is to farm items and do missions but both of these methods are dry in itself. Have you ever heard of interest? Betting on people in tournaments to double or even TRIPLE your ryo? Why not implement both of these things into the game? Here's how the Banking NPC could help with that!

Interest

Let's say that if you deposited a certain amount of ryo in the Bank via the Banking NPC you'd receive a bit of interest for entrusting your village's banker. Let's say for every 5,000 ryo you put in you receive a little bit of a reward that goes higher up each time you deposit ryo ultimately making you more rich? 

Betting

Let's say you're absolutely positive that @Zoomy would clap @Niti in a 1v1 and there is a tournament being hosted and they end up fighting each other. Everyone goes to their local village banker and half puts 500 ryo in for @Zoomy and the other half puts 500 ryo in for @Niti. The Banker would double your winnings based on your bet or however Rory would want that to work. 
(You would also have to implement in game brackets with the Bank NPC but that sounds worth it to me!)

$Conclusion$

$BANKING$ $IS$ $COOL$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Like 5

2 answers to this question