Negative stats and debuffs

Dona

Question

I have been playing this game for a long time and during the begining of my journey debuff like bleed, poison, slow, silence, snare and many more were not a thing. So when they were added and tweaked to work well with the current jutsus, the game became way more balanced.

Right now I believe that it is the most balanced the game has ever been, if we forget the official organizations buff that is!

They were introduced with no weakness/debuff just like the jutsus in the first years of nin online (example: Youthfull spring, used to boost your speed and melee dmg without any self-silence, everyone thought it was fine like this until silence was added and it became less powerful but way more balanced compared to other masteries).

so i started to ask myself why are the jutsus and consumable items the only things with debuff? Maybe that new organizations items would make more sense if they had some kind of debuff too.

669692751_kabutowaraislow.png.9c13adf7181e1bd55f00fe184238c902.png

(this is just an example of a debuff)

And if adding a debuff to the weapon is not a good idea (it would be dumb to have a self-bleed or self-silence debuff to any weapon) maybe that negative stats should be a thing!

344274611_nuibariminuschakra.png.3de00bab25524e280d98376b32b041c3.png

This is the only thing that I never saw in game. It might make balance more easy if you had to give up a little bit of "this" to have a strong buff. Of course, it is not every organizations items that needs negative stats or/and debuff.

And everything that I said here is not limited to official organization items but to regular high level item too.

1069980909_bloodkatanaminusfort.png.8b2066fc83c52e207f9d464ff5c547e2.png

(it could be bone sword too)

I took the seven swordsmen buff and blood katana as an example because they were the only items I had access to (and the only items i had some idea for this suggestion).

• Like 11

6 answers to this question

With the new land of iron weapons, I think that this should really be taken into consideration (the debuff/negative stats does not need to be that big).

• Blood weapons could drain X hp each X seconds until there is X% hp left
    • Edit: it does not make sense since blood weapon heal hp every X sec rn lol
  • Crystal weapons could reduce X int/chak points
  • etc...

The potential of melee users keeps growing (new stronger/better weapons are added regularly) while the elemental users are more or less the same as what they were years ago.

On 1/30/2021 at 11:11 PM, Dona said:

With the new land of iron weapons, I think that this should really be taken into consideration (the debuff/negative stats does not need to be that big).

• Blood weapons could drain X hp each X seconds until there is X% hp left
  • Crystal weapons could reduce X int/chak points
  • etc...

The potential of melee users keeps growing (new stronger/better weapons are added regularly) while the elemental users are more or less the same as what they were years ago.

agree for the new fans.