No mastery reset

Indra

You are thinking the wrong way. There has been mastery resets given to people when there was a HUGE balance update. If your combinations was not viable no more you would be granted one.

You can say that people knew that advanced would come but it has been promised for years and from what Rory said recently, there won't be advanced for a year or two. Therefore, like you brought up gameplay, you can't expect someone will limit his gameplay by playing solo fire or solo medic for years for something that has no ETAs.

Some people has been elemental/medic for years and you can't pick and choose who's worthy of one. There is some people that loves int medic, you can't ask them to play this mastery for a year or two straight, it has 3 offensive jutsus 

I, myself was an elemental medic and decided to reset for advanced TWICE and regreted... because they won't be coming for a year or two now...

Regardless of how you play, it is unfair to ''punish'' someone for something that has been teased for 2 years and that won't be coming for at least a year.

In my honest opinion, it just seems malicious to wish others should get punished and have to reset to do 60-70 levels on multiple chars for this.

• Like 2

I agree that players have been waiting for advanced and they do deserve a chance to get it if their situation doesn't allow it and I didn't mean it for it to seem like a type of punishment at all. But as I can't properly express my thoughts rn Imma leave it to avoid sayin anything else misleading.

6 hours ago, Lumy said:

You are thinking the wrong way. There has been mastery resets given to people when there was a HUGE balance update. If your combinations was not viable no more you would be granted one.

You can say that people knew that advanced would come but it has been promised for years and from what Rory said recently, there won't be advanced for a year or two. Therefore, like you brought up gameplay, you can't expect someone will limit his gameplay by playing solo fire or solo medic for years for something that has no ETAs.

Some people has been elemental/medic for years and you can't pick and choose who's worthy of one. There is some people that loves int medic, you can't ask them to play this mastery for a year or two straight, it has 3 offensive jutsus 

I, myself was an elemental medic and decided to reset for advanced TWICE and regreted... because they won't be coming for a year or two now...

Regardless of how you play, it is unfair to ''punish'' someone for something that has been teased for 2 years and that won't be coming for at least a year.

In my honest opinion, it just seems malicious to wish others should get punished and have to reset to do 60-70 levels on multiple chars for this.

You made a very good point with the ''nobody is gonna wait years as a medic only while waiting for advanced medic.'' It kind of changed the way i see the problem. I dont think they should be locked entirely anymore.

I still have some issues with how impactful a reset could be tho. I have some issues with someone getting from Medic-Water to Mokuton(water earth). Maybe being only able to reset your second mastery? So the person would be forced to be a medic+something else, highly limiting the possibilities. 

• Like 3

On 11/6/2020 at 2:57 PM, Sukki said:

And you see you are new in that game there are people which waited like 3 years for adv and they passed it with SINGLE Mastery have in mind that med beside int solo path and chakra path plus tai have no other adv people just get bored of waiting im not saying that everyone should get mastery reset but meds for sure :)

yes plz carry me ,make me get an mastery reset

On 11/4/2020 at 11:33 PM, Indra said:

Hey guys. I dont play much anymore but I want to discuss about something that I noticed and that annoys me.

Since there will be a mastery reset once advanced happens, People are going for masteries that wont combo with each others knowing they will get a mastery reset. They abuse things like Wm-Gf, Wm-Medic, Medic-Elements. Those are strong at the moment and they obtain ranks and impact the world pvp. 

I do not believe that people like this should get any favor when they had way enough time to reset from the start. They knew what they were doing and knew doing this would possibly make them achieve things they wouldnt with another mastery.

I am against reseting a mastery of a chunin+ because this person is a Wm-Gf. This person knew what was coming and abused the current state of the balance. Why greet him a free reset?

Many times mastery resets were refused because it was said that people would go for what is currently strong over what they really want. This is the same scenario. People cannot go for something that currently work but wont in the future... to get a mastery reset and be able to go for what will work in the future. Its unfair.

I want to hear your opinion about this!

I agree that many of this non-advance mastery is stronger and many of the players especially make mastery combo which is not advance combo so they can get mastery reset later but I am an earth med and I didn't even knew that I won't get an adv for it until I heard it from someone after a long time I chose to pick this mastery because I liked it and didn't knew that there was no adv for it so should I not get mastery reset while the player with tai med will get advance also I have items bound to me on that acc such as war armor I will lose those too if I reset that acc.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, antar86 said:

I agree that many of this non-advance mastery is stronger and many of the players especially make mastery combo which is not advance combo so they can get mastery reset later but I am an earth med and I didn't even knew that I won't get an adv for it until I heard it from someone after a long time I chose to pick this mastery because I liked it and didn't knew that there was no adv for it so should I not get mastery reset while the player with tai med will get advance also I have items bound to me on that acc such as war armor I will lose those too if I reset that acc.

Just make earth med advanced crystal style :)))))))))

On 11/6/2020 at 9:36 PM, Indra said:

You made a very good point with the ''nobody is gonna wait years as a medic only while waiting for advanced medic.'' It kind of changed the way i see the problem. I dont think they should be locked entirely anymore.

I still have some issues with how impactful a reset could be tho. I have some issues with someone getting from Medic-Water to Mokuton(water earth). Maybe being only able to reset your second mastery? So the person would be forced to be a medic+something else, highly limiting the possibilities. 

I think that is what will happen, you wont be able to just choose two different masteries to have a completely different combo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Don't see the point in punishing people who aren't using the typical build. Also don't understand why you use that as your opening argument, then get concerned with people using the same builds after advance masteries. Everyone should get a mastery reset regardless of how anyone feels. It's the right thing to do for the players who would otherwise miss out on new content and have been playing for years. I will always advocate for mastery resets and I've never cared to be level 30+

Interesting to see how fired up people get for this topic.

I think people should have the choice of a mastery reset. I'm also sure that advanced masteries wont be released in one big patch, it's simply like an entire new layer of the combat system. 

I'd love to see challenging questlines for each advanced masteries. For example: A mission counter NPC is offering challenges a player has to finish, to prove, that this player is capable of advanced mastery techniques. Once that is done, the player should get an option to replace one mastery at a time. For the second mastery, a second challenge should appear, in the same way as the first one.

That way, every player who does not have the required masteries for advanced techniques, have to put up effort to get that reset. Meta or not, the player deserved it. Of course there should be a limit to 2 Quests of that type per character reset.

Sorry if some parts don't make sense, or if there are any weird typos. I wrote this on my phone. ._. 

As a man who's been Masterless for most of his time, and who's one of the first reasons to why he even started playing Fuuma mastery, was also because he was waiting for advanced, I can say that for a while now I've been leaning more towards not giving Mastery resets, since it sounds ridiculous, and essentially giving you the option of "creating a whole new character" and dumping the other masteries. 

But as I was reading all of your discussions, I've come to realize that there is truth in what you guys said, no one should wait years and hold on choosing his masteries, and all the work that you've put to your character should not be gone just because you need to reset to get the advanced masteries, and while I still feel like "you guys did knew what you were getting into or not (Choosing a mastery is impactful and needed to be mindful of)", perhaps it would be better to give everyone a mastery reset.

And for those who feel like some of the specific masteries do not deserve a mastery reset, Konahri's suggestion is a very good way of with dealing that, regardless of your masteries you'll need to earn it like everyone else.

(And for those who're wondering, No, I'm not gonna choose a mastery after masteries advanced are out) LOL :P
#NerfFuuma

• Like 5