Indra

Body Flicker

Intro.

Flicker is in my opinion, and many others, the most annoying and broken jutsu of this game. It breaks every bits of balance between masteries to a point many change occured due to jutsu pairing way to well with it. Wild slashes, firewall, earth spikes etc.

Why does it anihilate the balance?

Jutsu's are made with cons. You throw a fire ball but you must cast it. You stun an enemy but you must be in melee range. Imagine not being required to be in melee range to land this last one. Now you have something not working like it was intended to be. It is precisely what Body Flicker does. Makes most of the skill shots free to land and gives ''range'' to jutsu's that were meant to have a very low range. 

Imagine lighting cutter being instant. We all agree that would be broken right? It needs its cast time to be balanced. Why doesnt that apply to techniques like poison scalpel? Or tai/GF techniques. Why is wind claw being landed without any counter play? Paired with body flicker, those jutsu's are as strong as an instant lighting cutter and it destroy the way they were meant to be used.

Why does it go against the way Nin Online is?

Nin Online is a MMORPG focused on hard work, skill, and the journey you live with others. The current Body Flicker makes fights easy and creates free combo's that you cannot dodge. It is a total skill killer. Instead of practicing their aiming, people practice their combo allowed by flicker. That's lazy work, yet amazingly rewarding. It makes fights conveniant.

From my perspective.

Instantly teleporting to your enemy to land a free hit is just unbalanced. It sounds like minato's flying raijin and it annoys me. Combo's made with flicker deals too much damage and its mostly unavoidable.  People have become really flicker dependants and it is a really bad thing. Many ''top tier'' players would not be as famous if flicker wasnt there.

Please keep this topic about flicker and dont talk about sub punish or village weapons. Those are other problems that requiere an entire post. Lets not get this out of hands.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Indra said:

Intro.

Flicker is in my opinion, and many others, the most annoying and broken jutsu of this game. It breaks every bits of balance between masteries to a point many change occured due to jutsu pairing way to well with it. Wild slashes, firewall, earth spikes etc.

Jutsu's are made with cons. You throw a fire ball but you must cast it. You stun an enemy but you must be in melee range. Imagine not being required to be in melee range to land this last one. Now you have something not working like it was intended to be. It is precisely what Body Flicker does. Makes most of the skill shots free to land and gives ''range'' to jutsu's that were meant to have a very low range. 

Imagine lighting cutter being instant. We all agree that would be broken right? It needs its cast time to be balanced. Why doesnt that apply to techniques like poison scalpel? Or tai/GF techniques. Why is wind claw being landed without any counter play? Paired with body flicker, those jutsu's are as strong as an instant lighting cutter and it destroy the way they were meant to be used.

Nin Online is a MMORPG focused on hard work, skill, and the journey you live with others. The current Body Flicker makes fights easy and creates free combo's that you cannot dodge. It is a total skill killer. Instead of practicing their aiming, people practice their combo allowed by flicker. That's lazy work, yet amazingly rewarding. It makes fights conveniant.

From my perspective.

Instantly teleporting to your enemy to land a free hit is just unbalanced. It sounds like minato's flying raijin and it annoys me. Combo's made with flicker deals too much damage and its mostly unavoidable.  People have become really flicker dependants and it is a really bad thing. Many ''top tier'' players would not be as famous if flicker wasnt there.

Please keep this topic about flicker and dont talk about sub punish or village weapons. Those are other problems that requiere an entire post. Lets not get this out of hands.

agree lore wise also when ppl use flicker they didnt attack for 3 to 5 sec if  you watch a anime it cost also a ton off chakra  .but flicker is to broke ruins the point of the whole  skill in game the amounth of times i got flicker posion scalpeled or tornado or even wind claw is beyond belief some might say it ping tat makes it possible to flicker combo  buti can do it ez too with desend ping and desent fps   howeveri never do it as i see it as abuse ;_;

This is just a thought so don't quote me on this.

I understand that flicker how it is is heavily implemented into the game as a instant teleport, and allot of people rely on that for combat and missions hell its even needed for the tutorial depending on your village of choice.

My thought was instead of a teleport the Jutsu should be change to "Body Flicker" and upon use you dash x amount of space forward. i think its very doable and would change how everyone uses it in game.

Each level would increase the space you travel upon use.

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, Erox said:

I understand that flicker how it is is heavily implemented into the game as a instant teleport, and allot of people rely on that for combat and missions hell its even needed for the tutorial depending on your village of choice.

My thought was instead of a teleport the Jutsu should be change to "Body Flicker" and upon use you dash x amount of space forward. i think its very doable and would change how everyone uses it in game.

hehe Better start training or making an alt - rip my gf account :P 

49 minutes ago, Erox said:

hope this get implemented and replaces the current flicker or at least a test trial of it

Changing the Warp with a Dash is a good idea.
It would radically change everyone's way of playing.
But I think it can be abused the other way around too.
A dash is non-targeted and could be used to get closer or further away from an opponent.
In the absolute a change of this jutsu would be a good idea.
On the other hand, the distance gained should not be too great either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BloodKin said:

Biggest nerf to Nado users easy

would probably balance alot of masteries atleast 
maybe when that is add maybe a change to sub will help to to remove sub punish aswell would be easier to manage balancing to each mastery after that without having to add cast time as a temporary fix 

• Like 2

On 11/14/2020 at 6:30 PM, Erox said:

Lots of old players proposed such fix in the past. But i would ask @Ueda to make an experimental change like that since this subject just goes on and on since LITERALLY YEARS. I think its a good time to adress that.
I believe that NIN could really benefit from experimental changes in general in future.

• Like 2

Idk why people still even bother to make suggestions about long known problems like body flicker and such. It has nothing to do with wether it will improve pvp or not. Theres tons of good suggestions about all kind of stuff that most players would agree on and fudamentally create a better game environment overall. But as long as its not part of how Rory wants the game to work like, it wont be changed. And the way flicker works sadly seems to be already set in stone, much like the majority of "balance".

• Like 2

On 11/14/2020 at 12:16 AM, Indra said:

Intro.

From my perspective.

No

Everyone who disagree are either tai/gf/wind/medic. I think it tells a lot on how broken flicker is. You guys want desperatly to keep this free aim bot so bad you wont be able to give a good explaination of why but still gonna say no. @LionGod @Luhan

@Ueda  I know you may want it this way...but I swear it is way too strong. Its basically a free hit. Everyone thinks the same as me but wont bother try anymore.

It makes the fights convenient, an I know you are against that. Players will learn to live without it as weapon masters learned to live without body flicker wild slashes.

3 minutes ago, Indra said:

Everyone who disagree are either tai/gf/wind/medic. I think it tells a lot on how broken flicker is. You guys want desperatly to keep this free aim bot so bad you wont be able to give a good explaination of why but still gonna say no. @LionGod @Luhan

@Ueda  I know you may want it this way...but I swear it is way too strong. Its basically a free hit. Everyone thinks the same as me but wont bother try anymore.

It makes the fights convenient, an I know you are against that. Players will learn to live without it as weapon masters learned to live without body flicker wild slashes.

Imo it's not broken cuz it's easy to dodge and to me if you have problem with flicker is more of a skill issue cuz you crying cuz u can't dodge a flicker

1 hour ago, LionGod said:

Imo it's not broken cuz it's easy to dodge and to me if you have problem with flicker is more of a skill issue cuz you crying cuz u can't dodge a flicker

actually you can't dodge it been playing this gf/wm for around 3 years and havent had one person dodge flicker mountain crusher 

1 hour ago, Indra said:

It is a homing like all of your wm moves. You cannot think flicker is not okay while thinking your homings are js.

On a side note, I think GF should be reworked entirely. There should be different jutsus with new animations, range, and more importantly chakra drain against enemies.

I think WM should have dash attacks instead of homing slashes. 

I hate rolls and free hits in this game honestly. My messages might seem unrelated to you, but they really are. My point is if you change flicker because it is a cheap homing, change the other homings too.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Seifer said:

It is a homing like all of your wm moves. You cannot think flicker is not okay while thinking your homings are js.

On a side note, I think GF should be reworked entirely. There should be different jutsus with new animations, range, and more importantly chakra drain against enemies.

I think WM should have dash attacks instead of homing slashes. 

I hate rolls in this game honestly. My messages might seem unrelated to you, but they really are. My point is if you change flicker because it is a cheap homing, change the other homings too.

I am for all change in homing but you can atleast dodge homing by running out of its range once even if you're in its range because of the cast time unlike flicker once you are in its range during its cast time you're going to get hit 100% of the time by tai's and gf first lvl 10 jutsu and wind claw if you dont have a sub theres that one percent chances the person has some sort of delay after casting. I'm more for reworking flicker than homings but if you have a better idea i am all for change if it adds more diversity to different play styles and improves gameplay

• Like 1