Flicker nerf part 16

Indra

Question

Intro.

Flicker is in my opinion, and many others, the most annoying and broken jutsu of this game. It breaks every bits of balance between masteries to a point many change occured due to jutsu pairing way to well with it. Wild slashes, firewall, earth spikes etc.

Why does it anihilate the balance?

Jutsu's are made with cons. You throw a fire ball but you must cast it. You stun an enemy but you must be in melee range. Imagine not being required to be in melee range to land this last one. Now you have something not working like it was intended to be. It is precisely what Body Flicker does. Makes most of the skill shots free to land and gives ''range'' to jutsu's that were meant to have a very low range. 

Imagine lighting cutter being instant. We all agree that would be broken right? It needs its cast time to be balanced. Why doesnt that apply to techniques like poison scalpel? Or tai/GF techniques. Why is wind claw being landed without any counter play? Paired with body flicker, those jutsu's are as strong as an instant lighting cutter and it destroy the way they were meant to be used.

Why does it go against the way Nin Online is?

Nin Online is a MMORPG focused on hard work, skill, and the journey you live with others. The current Body Flicker makes fights easy and creates free combo's that you cannot dodge. It is a total skill killer. Instead of practicing their aiming, people practice their combo allowed by flicker. That's lazy work, yet amazingly rewarding. It makes fights conveniant.

From my perspective.

Instantly teleporting to your enemy to land a free hit is just unbalanced. It sounds like minato's flying raijin and it annoys me. Combo's made with flicker deals too much damage and its mostly unavoidable.  People have become really flicker dependants and it is a really bad thing. Many ''top tier'' players would not be as famous if flicker wasnt there.

Please keep this topic about flicker and dont talk about sub punish or village weapons. Those are other problems that requiere an entire post. Lets not get this out of hands.

Here you can see someone cancel someone's cast while walking.

giphy.gif.c737b3e7bc9e0be2604bae8c058e39b2.gif

• Like 6

11 answers to this question

Flicker is not broken, and I think you know it.

Masteries like Earth,Lightning,Water,Fire,WM (both path), Bubble barely benefits from it if not at all. That is a fact that you will never be able to deny, this brings my point where FLICKER itself is not broken since only a minority of masteries benefits from it... wich yes becomes tilting overtime because it's the meta.

As far as GF and Tai combos, they're annoying but you can combo them mid combo since they knockback and does not stun. It is annoying to play against but there is some kind of counterplay.

Now the main problem is INT WIND users benefitting from a STR WIND Jutsu (Tornadoes , that only requires 20str) that stuns and allows them to deal around 500-600 damage off flicker with 100 int only.

INT MED is also a problem since it's a free stun with only 4sec CD, when in my opinion it should not, changing its hitbox and take off the stun would help, changing the effect would also be a nice thing.

The game is balanced around the basic jutsus, not the other way around and instead of being so stubborn you should accept it. Changing one of them would affect the whole balance since EVERYONE has access to it. You think it would be more easier but it might make things even more complicated later on.

• Like 4

@LumyThe very very only jutsu's based of flicker are the ones that roots the enemy. Because they are the only jutsu's that were changed in the goal of having flicker completly making them useless. 

EVERYTHING but bubble in Nin Online was designed WAYYYYY before anyone could ever think that it would one day combo with flicker. It was NEVER planned by rory when the beta went out. Rory simply removed the global cooldwon and then PLAYERS realised they could flicker combo. Everyone always laughed at rory and said how clueless he was about his own game and kept spamming ''vision'' as a joke for every patch notes. If i recall you made Memes about it. (might not be you) In this endless hypocrisy, flicker is fine because thats how rory ''designed'' it. Great job everyone. Nice.

FLICKER itself Is SUPER broken. There are games hack that are literally the same thing. (You warp into your enemies face when you want it.) 

In the anime/manga flicker NEVER WAS used for combat. They all used it as a long range warping abilitie to get somewhere. But never it was used to attack an enemy. Only the second and fourth hokage could ever teleport to their target the same way flicker does. Thats 2 HOKAGE level shinobi on 65465468576456876548567654857654568787+ infinite humans uncluding other kage, sanins, a bunch of broken uchiha's and LITERAL ALIEN GODs.

Yesterday I asked some wind, gf, and medics to do Their combo on me and they refused knowing i was fliming it. THIS ALONE makes me win the entire arguement. Everyone know's HOW much broken it is but still defends it because it gives them a good spot in the pvp world.

Your whole argument about flicker not being OP because only 4 masteries really benefits from it and those should get nerfed makes no sense. Why nerf about 9 jutsus when you can change one jutsu that has nothing to do with any masteries fixing those 4 masteries permanently. The only point ill ever agree with you is that poison scalpel deserves a nerf no mather if flicker stays or go.

Also 80% of the player base is currently playing their wind/gf/medic/tai   main/alts. If the current flicker dissapear, 60% of this 80% will go abck to their mains. It think it tells A LOTTTTT.

• Like 1

Explain to me how flicker itself is broken when the masteries I mentioned ''Earth,Lightning,Water,Fire,WM (both path)'' do not benefit much from it.

As you may see and realize, you yourself only asked a specific group of people to do their combo so you can record... wich are wind,gf and medics and tai..............

5 hours ago, Indra said:

Also 80% of the player base is currently playing their wind/gf/medic/tai   main/alts. If the current flicker dissapear, 60% of this 80% will go abck to their mains. It think it tells A LOTTTTT.

This looks like a mastery problem to me more than flicker itself. Indeed it tells alot.

I'll ask again, explain to me how flicker itself is broken if the masteries I mentioned  do not benefit from it.

• Like 1

@Lumy

Because they dont have instant stuns. Which doesnt mean instant stuns are broken at all. They have a very low range. Beside poison scalpel which has a ridiculously low cooldown, all of the instant cc are fine. They are good because you can warp to your enemy and not because they are the way they currently are. 

Ill explain why those also land more often than projectiles. Projectiles travels from a point A to B. They start from the tile the caster is standing and travel to their max range. The instant cc attack starts in front of the caster, so they dont waste time to travel from point A to B. Since they spawn in front of the caster, they are actually not dodgable if you time it right. (ping can influence the result). You know what they are and call them auto tile but since you wanted an explanation I am giving it to you lol.

projectiles >      image.png.237907f23f661b4d36dca181b16e2ac9.png                                       instant cc       TILE.png.18757bc60b32d0ddb85d490730d4844a.png

You are basically saying that they should all lose their  instant CC's because they pair too well with flicker...But instant CC's are fine. They provide counter play to things like lighting cutter, crescent moon and pretty much any homings. They currently feel unfair because theres a jutsu that teleport you to your target and the instant auto tile cc is free to land. You can LEGIT smack your head on your keyboard and instantly cancel a cast while your character is facing the wrong direction 8 tiles away. Thats pretty much stupid.

Why is fire, water, earth, lighting, and Wm dont benefits from flicker as much as Medic, tai,gf and wind? Because they dont have their abilities. The end. It doesnt mean those abilities are too strong. They are just designed differently. Those are no projectiles. They are direct hits. Those were designed before flicker could combo and were fine until it happens.

Flicker is a broken game mechanic and you must accept it.

Changing flicker is just a lazy option and can actually cause problem with the universal balance since it is an universal jutsu.

Scalpel is broken regardless of flicker -> it stuns and has 4sec CD + dots

Tornadoes are broken while being used by an hybrid wind regardless of flicker. -> You shouldn't being able to land a 600 damage combo off flicker because of a 20 strength jutsu you abuse even though you're playing the other path.

You didn't ask a lightning earth to show its flicker combo for a reason.

You're basically saying that  the masteries do not benefit from flicker than others because they don't have the same  abilities...

You don't see yourself how much you're proving that only a few masteries benefits from it and agreeing with me. Instant stuns can be broken to an extent, matter of fact name me 2 instant stuns that aren't broken. The thing you don't get is if only a few masteries benefits too much from an UNIVERSAL JUTSU... the universal jutsu is not a problem.

• Like 1