Yamikami

Instant cast CC

Wind, Medic, Tai/GF and hidden mastery weapons are often said to be unbalanced and have one thing in common - instant cast CC. 

In the past we had a larger balance update which removed a lot of instant cast CC, but there are still jutsu which are simply too strong. Even the hidden mastery weapons are instant cast CC jutsu.

Such jutsu need to be toned down and nerfed. 

In my opinion no jutsu in this game should be able to stun your opponent instantly. Lightning is a mastery full of stuns but those stuns are balanced out by cast times and selfstuns. As such, jutsu like like Slashing Tornadoes, Vacuum Sphere, Poison Scalpel are insanely strong. A 0.5 second stun from Poison Scalpel is enough time to get combod for stupid amounts of damage, not to mention it only has 4 second cooldown. Tornado needs a 1 second run cast, Scalpel and Vacuum need the stun removed and replaced with something else. (Poison Scalpel could get 1-2 second slow, Vacuum Sphere could get knockback on each sphere)

Tai and GF have instant cast knockbacks which have no drawbacks. They need to get some drawback (for example 0.5 sec selfstun on breaking kick) or toned down through cooldowns. The only instant knockback elemental masteries have has a 1 sec selfstun so I do not see why Tai would not have short selfstuns on the instant CC, it already does a shitload of melee damage. Palm Bottom should be changed to have 0.5 second selfstun but the stun would increase to 1 second, that way u can at least sub and punish GF combo.  

Fan and Pipe have instant cast CC on short CD melee. They both technically cast no chakra cost jutsu which are able to knockback and lead to a combo in Fan's case, or snare the opponent and lead to insanely high damage combos.

For a 20 STR weapon this is too much. My suggestion for 20 STR Fan and Pipe is to make their melee 1 second run cast. If someone wants an instant melee they can only get one by going for the higher STR Fan or Pipe.

A lot of people complain about Flicker when the main issue is instant cast CC jutsu which are too strong with and without it.

• Like 15

1 minute ago, Yamikami said:

For a 20 STR weapon this is too much. My suggestion for 20 STR Fan and Pipe is to make their melee 1 second run cast. If someone wants an instant melee they can only get one by going for the higher STR Fan or Pipe.

You've really outdone yourself this time lmao

• Funny 1

Honestly first time reading a balance topic fully, I can agree with most stuff here. As a wind main for almost 2 years, I can suggest some balances, such as giving vacuum a run cast but not removing stun. 
I think that tai does need a bit of tweaking, I agree with the longer cooldowns. I also believe that lighting needs a buff, it's supposed to be a fast mastery and instead it has all kinds of casts. 

I don't know what else ot suggest, not much of a PvP fan anyway. But I do agree with some balances in this topic.

• Like 1

Tornadoes with cast time aint it, I get the nerf but you want an overkill. 
As far as wind claw needs a cast and drilling needs a fix.

Nerfing the early pipe/fan is also a nice suggestion.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Yamikami said:

Wind, Medic, Tai/GF and hidden mastery weapons are often said to be unbalanced and have one thing in common - instant cast CC. 

In the past we had a larger balance update which removed a lot of instant cast CC, but there are still jutsu which are simply too strong. Even the hidden mastery weapons are instant cast CC jutsu.

Such jutsu need to be toned down and nerfed. 

In my opinion no jutsu in this game should be able to stun your opponent instantly. Lightning is a mastery full of stuns but those stuns are balanced out by cast times and selfstuns. As such, jutsu like like Slashing Tornadoes, Vacuum Sphere, Poison Scalpel are insanely strong. A 0.5 second stun from Poison Scalpel is enough time to get combod for stupid amounts of damage, not to mention it only has 4 second cooldown. Tornado needs a 1 second run cast, Scalpel and Vacuum need the stun removed and replaced with something else. (Poison Scalpel could get 1-2 second slow, Vacuum Sphere could get knockback on each sphere)

Tai and GF have instant cast knockbacks which have no drawbacks. They need to get some drawback (for example 0.5 sec selfstun on breaking kick) or toned down through cooldowns. The only instant knockback elemental masteries have has a 1 sec selfstun so I do not see why Tai would not have short selfstuns on the instant CC, it already does a shitload of melee damage. Palm Bottom should be changed to have 0.5 second selfstun but the stun would increase to 1 second, that way u can at least sub and punish GF combo.  

Fan and Pipe have instant cast CC on short CD melee. They both technically cast no chakra cost jutsu which are able to knockback and lead to a combo in Fan's case, or snare the opponent and lead to insanely high damage combos.

A lot of people complain about Flicker when the main issue is instant cast CC jutsu which are too strong with and without it.

I disagree

Just now, LionGod said:

I disagree

At least wind the stuff about the justsus in terms of the weapons u could get a like

1 hour ago, Ueda said:

I'll take it into consideration. Thanks for the feedback.

what we need is a sushi shop in mist village :(

17 hours ago, Ueda said:

I'll take it into consideration. Thanks for the feedback.

Hype balance updates, nin is moving back to the playlist?! 

I have to disagree with that. Especially that part about vacuum sphere and poison scalpel. Because if you replace poison scalpel int medics will have no good jutsu for fighting. All int medics can in that moment reset. 

7 minutes ago, Angelik Date said:

I have to disagree with that. Especially that part about vacuum sphere and poison scalpel. Because if you replace poison scalpel int medics will have no good jutsu for fighting. All int medics can in that moment reset. 

"Poison Attack Medics are supposed to be less viable in combat than a typical class in terms of pure damage output, but relies on poisons to get an upper hand in extended fights, where you tire out the opponent. As of now, this and full support medics are a little far from its original design." -Ueda

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Yamikami said:

"Poison Attack Medics are supposed to be less viable in combat than a typical class in terms of pure damage output, but relies on poisons to get an upper hand in extended fights, where you tire out the opponent. As of now, this and full support medics are a little far from its original design." -Ueda

I get it but int medic wouldn't be playable at all. Thats my point. Also int medics are totally not used for support atm. Changing it would mean totally reworking medical mastery. 

2 hours ago, Angelik Date said:

I get it but int medic wouldn't be playable at all. Thats my point. Also int medics are totally not used for support atm. Changing it would mean totally reworking medical mastery. 

Scalpel didn't stun before and int medic was still a popular mastery...

Yes agree scalpels need a self stun or cast time all instant jutsu need a self stun or cast time if they knock back or stun if its unavoidable with flicker give it a cast time if its able to be avoided give it a self stun