Serious topic about correlation of ones movement speed with monitor refresh rate.

Utzotz

HELLO GUYS!

So, alright, I kept in mind there's that feature making people run faster, but I had no clue it's actually so significant. The moment one of the Akatsuki members killed me yesterday made me realize of how big of an impact that makes. I completely understand I stood no chance in a fight, it was okay for me to lose, but the fact I couldn't even run was just hilarious and totally unfair. The movement speed gap was huge as a canyon. I swear, I saw him moving two tiles per second while I barely moved one in the same period of time and he wasn't a Taijutsu user. I've had contacted the same person that killed me after the fight, and the funniest thing is that he told me there's people way faster than him. If I couldn't even move away from this guy, what'd happen against those he spoke about? I had no clue if someone made a post about this yet, but I'd categorize that as one of the most persistent bugs I experienced so far. I'm not one hundred percent sure if the movement speed also is correlated with ping, it might be too, it surely is for some extent, but that's something we kinda have no control of, I guess? The refresh rate impact on the other note can be dealt with, I believe. I we all share our thoughts and experiences on this there, Ueda and overall, the staff team might notice that this really is a troublesome thing that'd be better fixed. So, if I might ask you, write about things you had witnessed. I'm sure I'm not the only one. On whichever side you are on, the faster one or the slower, share your experiences.

FOR ME...

My monitor has 75hz refresh rate. I have had noticed that I'm definitely faster than some people and slower compared to some individuals too. My ping oscillates in 100-120 with pingzapper on, meaning I have no trouble with it. I often do see a person that is far ahead of me, and when we both run in one direction, I'm after some time either by their side, or just ahead of them. On the other side, there's a lot of people that do the same to me. You can tell that is pretty confusing and unfair, especially in PVP that is the biggest aspect of this game.

• Like 4
  • Funny 1

As Vipe explained, it's to do with the brief moments when people's clients hang due to large textures loading as you they across the map.

When the client is frozen it can't move your character and send movement to the server.

That causes the difference in movement speed. ie. Nobody is moving faster, a lot of people are moving slower.

New client will fix this, no ETAs but we're working on it!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Utzotz said:

HELLO GUYS!

So, alright, I kept in mind there's that feature making people run faster, but I had no clue it's actually so significant. The moment one of the Akatsuki members killed me yesterday made me realize of how big of an impact that makes. I completely understand I stood no chance in a fight, it was okay for me to lose, but the fact I couldn't even run was just hilarious and totally unfair. The movement speed gap was huge as a canyon. I swear, I saw him moving two tiles per second while I barely moved one in the same period of time and he wasn't a Taijutsu user. I've had contacted the same person that killed me after the fight, and the funniest thing is that he told me there's people way faster than him. If I couldn't even move away from this guy, what'd happen against those he spoke about? I had no clue if someone made a post about this yet, but I'd categorize that as one of the most persistent bugs I experienced so far. I'm not one hundred percent sure if the movement speed also is correlated with ping, it might be too, it surely is for some extent, but that's something we kinda have no control of, I guess? The refresh rate impact on the other note can be dealt with, I believe. I we all share our thoughts and experiences on this there, Ueda and overall, the staff team might notice that this really is a troublesome thing that'd be better fixed. So, if I might ask you, write about things you had witnessed. I'm sure I'm not the only one. On whichever side you are on, the faster one or the slower, share your experiences.

FOR ME...

My monitor has 75hz refresh rate. I have had noticed that I'm definitely faster than some people and slower compared to some individuals too. My ping oscillates in 100-120 with pingzapper on, meaning I have no trouble with it. I often do see a person that is far ahead of me, and when we both run in one direction, I'm after some time either by their side, or just ahead of them. On the other side, there's a lot of people that do the same to me. You can tell that is pretty confusing and unfair, especially in PVP that is the biggest aspect of this game.

fps and ping depends is unfair and carries a lot of players it makes  i even go as far to say increase in winning  40% chance but that it while ppl said the new sever will fix thinks it didnt . honestlyi dont know what it truly is but fps  help cast jutsus fast much faster  and fps can make oyu move a bit faster too but ping help a lot  in overall too how to fix that maybe new client but we will see i doubt the new server made us all a bit more stable and a bit faster but if oyu make a na player fast and a eu player the na player will still out run the eu player (unless the na player plays on 30 fps and eu on 144 fps) at least so it seem imo.