Eliminate Map-switch Gameplay

Black Rain

Question

This has been troubling me since I started playing this game. I think the mechanic of mapswap is too strong and efficient that it leads to being the most relied on tactic for pretty much any group larger than 4 people. This causes a huge stalemate between groups and due to the amount of corridors (choke points in the DZ which block entry to other maps, e.g. KB is a corridor to sand. You cannot leave sand without going through that map) in the DZ. 

The problem: Currently the best viable tactic for large fights is to camp a mapswap

Reasons why:

• DZ has too many corridors: access to different parts of the map can be completely blocked off by camping one single map. There is no other way enemies could come from, leaving them nowhere to go.
  • Loading times: Even with a great pc and good ping, the loading times for mapswap is enough to lose majority of your hp and get CC locked
  • Crashing on map swap: Worthy of mention. After testing, if you are partied up with players, your likelyhood of crashing (especially onto populated maps) is significant, putting you at an instant GG
  • Instant vulnerability on swapAOE jutsus are WAY too effective and efficient on mapswaps

Examples:

• 90% of fights in DZ between large village/rogue groups
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

thing is there is no good solution because

for example im mapswitching into full of player map like 4/5 sec

some people around me mapswitching into full of player map like 3 sec

and there is also players which mapswitching in same map like 9 10 sec

hard to balance it coz 1 will have advantage bigger than another person i agree that thing need to be changed but it's hard as hell till new launcher

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Black Rain said:

I literally made 2 suggestions... 

Anyway to seriously reply to your post, I'm going to emphasise the words Ninja game.

Nowhere in the word ninja (even armies of ninjas) do you have a large visible group gathered at a single point for a fight (do not send me links to the madara fight). Ninjas are meant to be stealthy. If you have a scout who runs into a large map, it would force the players to play further back, hidden or allow enemies to come into the map. 

I never said these were perfect solutions, but thanks for your reply I guess

And I aknowledged them and stated why they were not good suggestions no need to act like that.

Being stealthy is optional, you cant force players to "rp" as real ninjas,if we were to go by what was shown in naruto nin would be a completely different gameplay. If you have intel that your forces are bigger than your enemy's why use stealth ? Either way nin is a dynamic rp game you cant expect everyone to act like a real ninja or perhaps facing enemies head on is their ninja way ? 

23 hours ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

That video brings me sadness and sorrow because those leafies now have the deluded thought that they are good at the game :pensive:

Ah, the man that uses pipe to land the three hits on drill.

21 hours ago, ana primal said:

this might be a rare case we agree :)

Ah, the man who sent in alts to pop tags and ran in with the rest of sand knowing we were all there. 

2 hours ago, Black Rain said:

The full suggestion is to add more immunity on mapswap AND add a timer before you can swap maps again

A longer timer won't be better because while it will stop you from going from point A to point A right away, it will mess up going from point A to point B in a lot of maps. It will become extremely frustrating and just a new type of annoyance when trying to survive.

6 hours ago, Wolfskin Reiketsu said:

A longer timer won't be better because while it will stop you from going from point A to point A right away, it will mess up going from point A to point B in a lot of maps. It will become extremely frustrating and just a new type of annoyance when trying to survive.

which maps are you referring to? no map in the game currently takes less than 5 seconds to traverse (except buildings)

11 hours ago, Black Rain said:

which maps are you referring to? no map in the game currently takes less than 5 seconds to traverse (except buildings)

Any multi-sectioned map where you can run from one end to another to try to stealth by people. 

For example: When you go to Leaf from mini you go through the bottom left of L1 to get to L2. Having a longer timer is going to make you sit awkwardly and wait to move to the next map. I think that would be unfair. 

Right now I think the change timer is fine. Any longer will be a pain especially on top of the non-stop random map change bugs we still have.

1 hour ago, SDZ said:

Think of it as using stealth. Which maps can you cloak into and run out of before your timer runs out? I don't think that many so why would a 10s maplock allow abuse?

I think people are more worried about the amount of time that a player would be immune. If its a 10 second maplock, how much of that time would someone be immune from damage to avoid being spammed to death while loading.

If this time duration is too long, it can easy be abused to scout risk free with no chance of punishing from the opposing force.