Demon Claws Animation Bug

Raitou

So I noticed while using the Demon Claws taijutsu weapon, the attack animation that plays is like a sword item's overhead slash animation state when attacking players, and then the normal tai punching animation state when attacking mobs.

If it was a style choice I understand, but with the sword animation registers about about half as many attacks compared to the punching animation which ruins the viability for the item in my opinion for pvp. This becomes blatantly obvious with higher agility as when attacking players the demon claws hits register about once every 3 animations.

Here are examples of attacks while in Youthful spring to help illustrate the difference between attacking players and attacking mobs. Thank you for any clarification.

Demon Claws vs Mob.gif

Demon-Claws-vs-Player.gif

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Quick demonstration of the difference real time in a video. You can see that against mobs the claws have their true attack speed, but vs players it is drastically reduced for some reason. I just want to know why they aren't consistent and if the animation is the problem for the hit register.