PVP...Pvp never changes....

Crowlock

Question

First of all I wanted to thank @Wolf and @Ueda for shitload of work for nin. So many updates dropped recently that it encouraged lots of older players to get back to the game and become more active so thank ya guys < 3
Especially for the Raid system. It really made pving more fun and purpose driven. Not to mention the Iron Land update < 3

I wanted to talk today about adding more depth to the game. As we all know we have lots of new players active around. Its awesome, makes things feel more alive, but I feel as if smaller scale pvp died out. Talking with ppl around the community has proven me that lots of people enjoy pvping in WARZONES the most. Its the most fun for me as well. Keep in mind theres a reason why players wanted to create war events in War Zone maps to begin with :smirk: 

My years of being an Akatsuki showed me that pvp could start small, but in the end it finishes as a mass of players anyway, zerg vs zerg spamming at each other jutsus recklessly. Its basically how it looks like currently but even more focused on those player blobs. Now i know @Ueda likes things to be hardcore or more difficult. So i wanted to suggest some punishment for those zergs. Creating high risk and high reward since zergs are power, but with power should come some risks as well. Also being a ninja also requires you to exploit weak points of your enemy.

I've talked about it with @Shissei and @SDZ and i came to conclusion that we could approach it in two ways.

1. Making everyone suffer from friendly fire except orgs (org based, not village based), party of 4 (Same as it is in anime) and Inside the village, so villagers can defend as one Raid points and the village itself. Bigger armies would require more organisation and cooperation among certain squads and what not. Its what ppl do in WarZones anyway. In the past missings that suffered from friendly fire made it possible so its totally doable.

In my opinion it would also encourage more RP inside the village, since they have orgs like Anbu (which finally would hunt alone, cause they dont hunt at all without zergs), Medical Corps and other official orgs that would have to work with each other and create opportunities for RP.

Also to prevent players from abusing orgs by adding and deleting members before each raid to cheat the system, i would drop player made orgs to max of 10 slots(less than official ones) and also make it that once player leaves an org, he has 2 days of CD before he can join another one(this is a well known mechanic from other games when someone jumps between guilds/clans).

2. Creating hella more war zones. In fact i would turn all danger zones into war zones. The result would be similar to the above just less dramatic and less org focused. But while turning Danger Zones into War Zones i would also add some more of these and again - drop the player made orgs max slots to 10. 

Also i would like to propose to change the name of Takumi player made orgs into GANGS. Since issa criminal life.

Tell me what you guys think, and also @Ueda i would reallly love to hear your feedback about this.  

4c865d793f29fe43787147ef4213f863.jpg

• Like 7
  • Shocked 2

8 answers to this question

You assume and claim a lot of things that are not really true. I know for sure that a lot of people dislike fighting in war zone, especially me.

Big raid is not only spamming jutsu like you assume. I know its been a while since you joined one so i dont mind if you think that. And I dont understand exactly why you want to punish big raids. It is  very hard and long to have players come online for a raid or to defend the village, so it should be encouraged more than anything. And i believe that the new raid system was added to encourage what you want to punish.

In your first suggestion you want to add more depth to the game by basically making everyone a missing ninja? And in the past, the player base and the game was not the same. So what missings ninja did before is pointless.

You claim that anbu dont hunt alone, but as the anbu leader of the sand assassins i can affirm that we do. And in the sand village we already do all what you explained for the RP aspect so i dont see how making villagers budget missings ninjas will improve the RP.

And you want to drop the player made org number of members to 10 when those orgs are already not that apealing for the majority of players. I think that it is already hard enough to make a succesful unofficial org so there is no point to make them worse.

The second suggestion make more sense but i dont understand why you would want to drop the max amount of members of player made org to 10.

To be honest this just look like a post of a missing ninja who is tired of dying in dz against bigger group lol

• Funny 1

5 minutes ago, Dona said:

You assume and claim a lot of things that are not really true. I know for sure that a lot of people dislike fighting in war zone, especially me.

Big raid is not only spamming jutsu like you assume. I know its been a while since you joined one so i dont mind if you think that. And I dont understand exactly why you want to punish big raids. It is  very hard and long to have players come online for a raid or to defend the village, so it should be encouraged more than anything. And i believe that the new raid system was added to encourage what you want to punish.

In your first suggestion you want to add more depth to the game by basically making everyone a missing ninja? And in the past, the player base and the game was not the same. So what missings ninja did before is pointless.

You claim that anbu dont hunt alone, but as the anbu leader of the sand assassins i can affirm that we do. And in the sand village we already do all what you explained for the RP aspect so i dont see how making villagers budget missings ninjas will improve the RP.

And you want to drop the player made org number of members to 10 when those orgs are already not that apealing for the majority of players. I think that it is already hard enough to make a succesful unofficial org so there is no point to make them worse.

The second suggestion make more sense but i dont understand why you would want to drop the max amount of members of player made org to 10.

To be honest this just look like a post of a missing ninja who is tired of dying in dz against bigger group lol

Im not even playing on my missing char actively, im playing in both sand and leaf. And I dont wanna punish raids, i wanna punish zergs. Read carefully what im talking about Dona.

Its true when u say its hard to get so many ppl online, but look at fights Zerg vs Zerg. Slightly smaller zerg waits in safe zone anyway and avoids fighting a slightly bigger zerg. I wanna aspect of organizing and dividing forces, so smaller groups can keep up with bigger ones in which players stumble on each other. Sure u can have that content for now when sand is populated (zerg content) but look at mist for example, theres also a point when leaf wont go out and put up a fight cause they have 5 ppl less compared to the raid party. Raid system forces ppl to fight and defend anyway, gives purpose to raids which we all wanted and its cool.

You can be anbu leader and do everything fine, thats fine. But you wont be holding that position forever and in the past we have already seen the lack of activity from official orgs like that, that just choose to join zergs cause its safer choice without losing official org items. I dont care about ur org or ur RP, when rest of the game seems to lack it. Ppl keep saying how RP died. Im trying to think of a ways to encourage it elsewhere.

If those changes happen i do want player made orgs to drop yes, so it brings more light for official orgs and for missings to have it actually harder. 
Look wider and beyond, not only at urself Dona.

• Like 4

I think more warzones should be added too...

Here is a list of the map that I think should be WZ

- K Bridge
- Asoki Port
- The map before Cursed Host
- Takumi River
- Outside bounty stations

I like small hunting teams or hunting solo, and it can get annoying at times when you try to do it and you encounter a zerg because it's ''safer''. I know it is a team game but right now it's quite impossible to enjoy the open world pvp with a small group or alone which is unfair for the players that enjoys the game differently

• Like 4
  • Funny 1

Absolutely agree with your suggestion and definitely believe that big zergs should have drawbacks. 

the fact that one of the main tactics of zerg gameplay is "stack earth users and spam EP" already shows you the state of large-scale group fights anyway...

• Like 2

I also think that there should be stuff to make people that are level 60 leave the DZ. There should be some types of rewards for killing people.

Some type of missions that reward players 500-1000ryos for staying in a certain amount of times in DZ or just give a good amount of ryos on Waging War Killings (around 500-1000) too. Well maybe 100ryos per kill. I think it would incitate players to go out to at least get tools money.

When you think of it, the mission that gives the most ryos is Guard Duty which asks you to stay afk around your village for 30 minutes.

• Like 2

I like the idea of having more war zones, but I don't think we should go TOO far with it.
The same world space you want to PvP on is the same space that lower level players are also going to need to traverse to level up.
As much as I love making things difficult and hardcore, there has to be more balance than everyone friendly fire everywhere xD

• Like 3