Gathering feedback on future raid changes

Ueda

Question

Just wanted to run by some of my ideas to further improve the raiding system in the future and gather feedback so far, because this is a very community driving feature.

Right now these are some ideas for potential changes,

1) Increase duration between respawns to 4 hours for more lasting effect of bonuses.

2) Make the raid points disappear after 1 or 2 hours, so that there is some down time.

3) Add more raid points per village, while keeping the negative bonus cap at 5%. This would increase the amount of bonus that a village could potentially gain, while also limiting the amount they can lose. 

4) Different tiers of raid points for each village, with ones further from enemies being lower HP, to encourage stealthy ninja business.

5) Add raid points outside of the village at Guarding maps.

6) Raid reward shop similar to event prize shop.

7) Prevent logging out near raid points to log in again later.

• Like 8

My problem with this System is that Takumi is the flaw of the whole, Takumi is the easiest and most accessible village with Raid Points right now, and the position of these is pretty much unfair, people can just go in, literally just walk to the bottom of the map and start taking on the Raid Points, Logging off isn't even needed, this ends up in a very annoying place for the Rogue players.

The point of the System is to encourage Raids, I can guess that just by reading the name, but right now, people don't seem to organize raids with the point of boosting their exp, instead, they make very small groups of people to just take on raid points that are far away from the village vigilances, and Takumi is the first place they go to, let's be honest, Raid Points are a whole disadvantage for Rogue Ninjas, it's hard to defend Takumi as Rogue Ninjas as we can't team together and FF actually gets us, It's also hard to take on other villages Raid Points because, again, FF gets us hard, a group of 4 can't really raid a village, only actual big Organizations can do such things, but that means you'd have to be bound to an organization to enjoy the content.

In my opinion Takumi's Raid Points should get some buffs, like, they could have way more HP than the others do, due to the fact that we don't have Jonins to protect these and protecting them is a hard task by itself, it could also be noticed when they're being attacked (I doubt of this one suggestion though, as it can be a little be too advantageous), the location of these could be changed to... more visible places or something?

I'm pretty sure that if We ask Rogues Ninjas if they want the whole system removed from Takumi, most would say ''yes'', because it just feels so unfair how people don't pull a proper raid just to take on the easy Raid Points, but I wouldn't want them to be removed just because they're actual content for the game, Rory please do something with Takumi raid points...

• Like 3

ages ago i suggested a system where at different parts of the world map there was these capture points which villages could capture, which they could then use to send village messages from and stuff. (if you dont remember lmk ill explain it all again). Anyway i think this idea could work really well with the raid points! There can be raid points at different parts of the map (like where the reverse summoning toads were) and the village which first kills the raid points get to be able to either:

1. Send village messages there
  2. Gain same bonus as standard village raid points
  3. Be able to reverse summon there using the toad in their village
  4. ALL OF THE ABOVE?!

It will really encourage player interaction as every 2 hours these points will reset like the rest of the raid points, meaning villages will rush to try and get to it first.  

(I sent this as a pm 2 weeks ago but glad you can see it now xD)

• Like 1

I don’t think there should be raid points in Takumi. As in they’re not a force or a village. Rogues do not fight for each other, they fight each other (especially in Danger Zones). Therefore they can not gather forces to raid villages.

Takumi is currently the "easy" target. While it shouldn’t be one, it’s a little town, not a village.

They also have multiple spawn points for a reason, I don’t think they should be defending any raid points, matter of fact it is quite impossible for them since they’re constantly in FF.

• Like 3

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!

1 hour ago, Lumy said:

I don’t think there should be raid points in Takumi. As in they’re not a force or a village. Rogues do not fight for each other, they fight each other (especially in Danger Zones). Therefore they can not gather forces to raid villages.

Takumi is currently the "easy" target. While it shouldn’t be one, it’s a little town, not a village.

They also have multiple spawn points for a reason, I don’t think they should be defending any raid points, matter of fact it is quite impossible for them since they’re constantly in FF.

The only way this would be fair is if then Missing Ninja cannot participate in the entire system. Meaning Missing Ninja exit the war entirely. It would make no sense for them to be able to get the benefits of a village war system without the potential downside.

Which also means missing ninja will be at a benefit of not losing 5% bonuses, but also not gaining up to 15 or more %.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ueda said:

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!

The only way this would be fair is if then Missing Ninja cannot participate in the entire system. Meaning Missing Ninja exit the war entirely. It would make no sense for them to be able to get the benefits of a village war system without the potential downside.

Which also means missing ninja will be at a benefit of not losing 5% bonuses, but also not gaining up to 15 or more %.

I think most rogues are cool with that. I think it is what should be done because anyway they’re constantly in the negatives %

• Like 1

1) Rather than placing more raid points increase the amount a single raid point gives. 

2) Increase the risk of capturing raid points while also increasing the benefit they give. This can be done in several ways:

-An announcement when a point is being taken. 

-The zone temporarily becoming a Danger/War zone. 

-The raid point dropping an item which you need to bring back to the village in order to gain the bonus, but it drops on death and the time to bring it back is limlited (kinda like CTF). 

3) Capturing a point working similar to Spy/GD missions. The raid point starts at 0%, an enemy standing near it causes it to go up, if both an enemy and an ally are standing near it there is no progress made, if the raid point is for example on 50% but there is only an ally near it starts dropping until it reaches 0%. This way you are able to defend a point much more efficiently.

4) Capturing all of the raid points within a map causes it to be turned into a Danger/War zone. 

Regarding the Takumi issue, it would suck for missing ninjas to be left out yet again on something villagers have. Takumi is said to be a village of mercenaries so why not add mercenary mobs that would guard the village. They would have a longer respawn but would be more numerous than jonin mobs that villages have. 

• Like 1

Can I ask how exactly do raid points affect drops from mobs? I've noticed that I can still get a Blank scroll with -3% or more. I always thought that Blank scrolls had a 1% drop rate chance, which would mean that it would be impossible to get one with -1% and lower points. Unless I'm misunderstanding the drop rate on blanks or how it's calculated.

TL;DR: How is the drop rate affected by the raid system and how is it calculated? Love the rade points btw!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Atrane said:

Neutral raid spawns in danger zones giving incentive for people to go out and fight, whichever village gets the last hit gets the point.

That won't be a Raid Point. It would be nice if something like that could turn into a Koth type event though.

2 hours ago, Kekiro said:

Can I ask how exactly do raid points affect drops from mobs? I've noticed that I can still get a Blank scroll with -3% or more. I always thought that Blank scrolls had a 1% drop rate chance, which would mean that it would be impossible to get one with -1% and lower points. Unless I'm misunderstanding the drop rate on blanks or how it's calculated.

TL;DR: How is the drop rate affected by the raid system and how is it calculated? Love the rade points btw!

It's a % increase or decrease in the likeliness those things will drop. For example, a 10% chance thing will drop 1 in 10 times. But with 1% bonus it'll drop 11 in 100 times. 10.1% of the time.

Also I really like Yamis capture item idea.

• Thanks 1