Samehada Changes

Gildarts

Question

Currently Samehada is 2nd weakest 7SM Blade and here is why:

-Regens 10 chakra constantly flat with no way to increase the amount it gives, unlike Bone Sword and Kubikiri which can be raised by upping your chakra
-Deals 45 Base Damage when there is other swords that deal just as much or close to it for the same damage or faster hits
-Slow Swinging Speed 3rd to Nuibari's and Kabutowari's slow speed.
-Wrapped Icon which we all wanted the shark skin version.

Now we have reasons to buff Samehada, and I would like to suggest my spin on things to change make this sword better.

7SM Blades are suppose to be the most powerful swords in the game, but with the latest release of content and the constant adding of new swords they are slowly starting to fall behind.

So below is my changes/buffs to them and why: 

• Reduce the Chakra boost from +50 to +35
  • Instead of the Chakra regenerated being a flat 10; Let the chakra being regenerated be based off the wielder's Health or Chakra.
  • Let the sword drain -5 chakra from the wielder as well since Samehada is a living organism and survives by feeding off its wielder's chakra.
  • When melee an opponent or mob let it take 5 or 10 chakra per melee hit landed. if opponent Chakra is 0 let it take a static 5 or 10 HP added to damage of melee.
    image.png.9bebc628e8e1d251c570b398570c83a9.pngimage.png.444402497982ee0444435424e1c807e5.png

There is only a 3 damage difference between these 2 Swords. As the Level cap increases stronger swords will continue to be added. We don't even know how strong the swords from the Village Bosses are yet. 7SM Swords are suppose to be the strongest but as the game progresses they are starting to become weaker than the newer swords added.
  • Like 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Boring 1

7 answers to this question

Samehada is good enough as it is. The amount of chakra it gives and the chakra regen makes it a good weapon already. To add on one has more str requirement than the other and fact that Samehada still adds more damage than the other weapons makes it good enough. (40 str difference btw)

I just used the new Sword as an example. Bone sword and Blood Katana and most likely the swords dropped by Dark Weasel, Monkey, and Kuraken also deal as much or more than Samehada. Also if you read my suggestion post carefully i say to lower the amount of chakra it gives and make the actual chakra regeneration based off an actual stat. 

HP regen is based off chakra on weapons that give hp regen so why not make chakra regen on shirokata/samehada based off hp or chakra. The sword doesn't even do what it should do which is sap opponents chakra. There's a reason these swords are suppose to be the strongest in the game. It's not cause of the damage they do should be high. its because of the latent abilities/passives these swords are suppose to give that gives an edge in combat.

see even if a person was to put the extra 40 points into str the damage would still be only 3 more damage than the new swords that have been added.

But as i said on my other post in this topic.. The Swords aren't meant to be strong because of the damage they deal, but because of the abilities/passives they can do/provide in combat

On 1/23/2021 at 8:22 PM, Ninja said:

Let the sword drain -5 chakra from the wielder

Samehada allows for a crazy OP hybrid already. It is not a weak sword at all. Why should the drain be flat, if the regen isn't flat? I like your idea of draining chakra on landed melees, like what GF does.