Fan Wind rebalance

Yamikami

Question

With the addition of new Fan weapons I think the mastery should be changed a bit in order to balance it out. 

The new weapon melee is an instant triple tile projectile jutsu which stuns, with the CD being rather low. Even without the stun and the triple tiles, Fan melee is an instant knockback on a short CD. 

As such I think it is a bit of an overkill for Slashing Tornadoes to be instant cast as well. You can already cancel stuff with your melee (stun as well with new fans) on a 2-3 sec CD, so I don't see why you would also have an instant triple tile stun projectile as a jutsu as well. If u have the new fan it means u have two instant triple tile stuns. 

Slashing Tornadoes should get a 1 second run cast, the selfstun should be removed and the jutsu should snare the enemy for 2 seconds rather than stunning them for 1 second to make it different from the new fan melees. 

Another thing that could be done is making Wind Barrage 1 second run cast with no selfstun. 

These changes would make it so that even though you have an instant cast triple tile melee that stuns, all of your jutsu are cast times/self stuns. Fan would rely on landing it's melee and then combing the cast time jutsu into the stun. 

I think this would be the best change since even if all the jutsu are cast times, Fan is still very opressive due to the short cooldown triple tile melee. 

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Mhm, I like the idea of the snare a lot, I think a similar thing can be implemented into gentle fist as well,
where instead of palm, knock backs enemies upon hit it can silence them upon hit for 2-3 seconds.
and it'll turn Gentle fist mastery to a more reasonable disabling abilities kinda mastery.
and maybe also add a bit of slow when they hit their rotation kinda like how that push fan ability works.
( This is just an idea don't get mad at me D: feel free to critic though )

32 minutes ago, Roei said:

Mhm, I like the idea of the snare a lot, I think a similar thing can be implemented into gentle fist as well,
where instead of palm, knock backs enemies upon hit it can silence them upon hit for 2-3 seconds.
and it'll turn Gentle fist mastery to a more reasonable disabling abilities kinda mastery.
and maybe also add a bit of slow when they hit their rotation kinda like how that push fan ability works.
( This is just an idea don't get mad at me D: feel free to critic though )

Yeah i really like the idea of adding silence in gf.

also i think rotation should have like 0.5s invincible (Fyi jutsu has 1s cast time and  selfstuns you for 1s) so it become more like anime that you can use it to deflects incoming damage.