KAGE TERMS [POLL]

Lumy

Kageship should last....  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Should Kageship last 6 months or 4 months

Being Kage is draining, having to lead and moderate a 1/3 of the community for 6 months, which is half a year is way too much considering we got other stuff going on in our lives. I think the Kage terms should be reduced to 3 to 4 months. Just the idea of having this big of a power for half a year is crazy to me but the responsabilities that comes with it are even worse. Some will say that you can just chill and relax but doing that will only make the village go downhill. It's been three months and I'm drained. I wish that to no one... however I think reducing the term would be good for the community and the Kages themselves... a win win situation.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, BloodKin said:

What i mean to say is that if you feel drained,you can either take a short break and leave your Co kage in charge or just retire if your tired of being a Kage.

This. The six months is there to cater to persons who want to serve the full period and those who want to serve a shorter term and then pass it on, I see no issue with that. There is nothing stopping a kage from stepping down or taking a break if he/she feels burnt out. In that way a person could serve the full six months if they want to or the recommended four months that you have there.

Clearly, you have never been in that position and wouldn't know how to handle things.

- First of all... there is no such things as a Co-Kage. One character remains in Power with the Kage Powers.

- Trying to keep a non-leaf village active is way harder than you think. That's why, as you may have noticed by now, both Sand and Mist had difficulties with activities in the village or with Kage terms lasting 6 months. The new player does not chose leaf 80% of the time, therefore the village does not grow naturally. The charisma/strength of the Kage/Village will make people go there.

- From a Non-Kage standpoint you should be able to see that letting a player holding power for half a year is pretty crazy. Especially in a system like Mist ( it is not exactly this way right now) but in Mist you could actually be loyal to the village and do plenty of efforts for it and a rogue wins the tourney and all you've worked for goes straight to the garbage.

- When I do something, I do it to the fullest. I'd rather completely leave than actually stay away for 1 month and comeback. Even though I am thinking of retiring a part of me doesn't want to quit on the village.

- You can ask any player that has been Kage, and they all said that they wish that one no one. It is a draining position and that's why having this responsability for this long is crazy. It is a second job that you're not getting paid. Go ahead and ask any old Kage if they "enjoyed" their term. It is fun the first few months of course, especially if your village is doing so good but after awhile it is consuming your energy.

I actually think that no previous Kage would be against that. It's quite easy to judge from an outside perspective.

7 hours ago, BloodKin said:

What i mean to say is that if you feel drained,you can either take a short break and leave your Co kage in charge or just retire if your tired of being a Kage.

What you meant to do was to throw shade mhizz thing I'm a diva so I can tell and also sand isn't like mist to have co kages to share the load 

13 hours ago, Nemesis said:

This. The six months is there to cater to persons who want to serve the full period and those who want to serve a shorter term and then pass it on, I see no issue with that. There is nothing stopping a kage from stepping down or taking a break if he/she feels burnt out. In that way a person could serve the full six months if they want to or the recommended four months that you have there.

kages who leave the term early are seen as failed kages no matter what they did in the eyes of many even if they did a good term.

I think something else that could be a factor in people quitting on the kage, is that it's losing it's charm being the 10th+ kage in a village. We're at 15th Kazekage now, and most of the players currently, have no clue who the first 7 even were

Although, I don't agree with some of your points, since each village is run and build differently (e.g. monarchy, anarchy). So not all the villages are gonna be popular just off that reason alone. One option, could be a mid-term election. So after 3 months, you can decide if you wanna do the full 6 or stop your term there. Idk...

• Like 3

The thing is...

Most people apply for terms and or go through the motions for certain roles and or ranks but rarely carry the responsibility of it.

As I said before this is an MMORPG, without the RP it's really just an base, team up, button smashing, MMO

Of course you're going to struggle organizing the game.

The foundation isn't being implemented.