Cursed Ninja

Yamikami

Question

Not everyone wishes to be a part of a village when they join the game. Some people like the idea of being a more "evil" type of character and the game doesn't really allow you to start out as that. 

Currently the only way for that is to be a rogue but being a rogue is meant to be more of a punishment than something you choose to play. Rogues have no unique clothes, summons or masteries. If you are a Leaf rogue you still have a Leaf passive, Leaf summon, Leaf hidden mastery... 

This makes it so that there is no real option to be a dedicated rogue player. 

What I wish for is that there is an option to create a character that is more "hardcore" from the very beginning. An option to create a "rogue" character which is not tied to any village. 

IDEA

cursed_ninja.jpg

The idea is that cursed ninja would be the "actual" rogues while the exiled ones are village rogues. This would allow for cursed ninja to have things which are unique. Playing as cursed ninja would be a very hard way to start out and would not be recommended for new players (could even make it only possible after resetting a lvl 50 character). You start out in Cursed Lab which is hard to get into and hard to get out of, very little mobs are around and it is easy for a low level to die just trying to step out of host cave or to die to them while trying to go back in the Lab to hand in a mission. Just like normal rogues you would have friendly fire and wouldn't be able to team villagers. Your default and only spawn point would be the Cursed Lab. 

LORE

jkasjdkfs.png

You start out in the Cursed Laboratory, which is a part of a larger network of laboratories called Village Hidden in the Sound. In your thirst for power you have abandoned your past and origins and have come to serve Sarugami. You are one of the few ninja to have survived his cursed seal experiments. In order to strengthen your cursed seal you must set out in the ninja world.

PASSIVE

kasdksdjg.png

Cursed Seal - a cursed seal has been placed upon you which grows stronger over time. 

Unlike villages which get a passive that is at full power right at the start, cursed ninja start with a quest called "The Growing Curse". The quest requirement at first would be to reach level 10 for example. After you complete it you get a "Weak Cursed Seal Activation" jutsu. It is a weak buff that drains your health while it is up. 

After completing the current one you would get a new one which would have higher requirements but would award a stronger Cursed Seal jutsu. This would repeat until you get the strongest version of it.

All of the Cursed Seals would share cooldown and be untradable.

HIDDEN MASTERY

images_4.jpg

I thought a lot about what would be a good and unique mastery to introduce in the game. Puppet mastery and genjutsu are something that have been talked about for ages, so why not add a mastery that is a combination of the two. 

Demonic Flute Genjutsu - a mastery that utilizes a weapon called "Demonic Flute" to cast sound based genjutsu and control summoned creatures known as Doki. 

The mastery would be based around the summon. Your flute melee would cause it to do a certain action like use an attack or to Flicker. You'd also have access to genjutsu which would be strong CC that deals little to no damage.

Some jutsu could be:

fsldkfldskfl.jpg

1.Illusionary Warrior Doki- you use your flute to create an illusionary warrior called Doki to fight in your place. This would be the main jutsu of the mastery. It would depend heavily on it's summon to fight. 

oskdlfdasklflsf.png

2.Phantom Chains - you use your flute to create a illusion for your opponent in which they are bound by chains. Single target CC that does little to no damage.

ksjdfksdjkfsf.png

3.Phantom Sound Wave - you use your flute to create a sound wave which commands your Doki to take a bite of their target's soul. Does moderate damage but saps a large chunk of chakra from the enemy. 

SUMMON

Nue - a chimera that is able to sap your opponent's chakra. 

images_5.jpg

ORGANIZATION

The Sound Four - a team of elite cursed ninja which serve as bodyguards for Sarugami.

Their base would be within Cursed Laboratory and their buff would be some strong cursed seal. 

ksdjfksjdfkf.png

• Like 26

17 answers to this question

I'd agree with all the excited rogues that the ideas sounds cool. However id argue the logic for why something like this should be in game is flawed. Also lets be honest starting in host cave for any of the players commenting on this post would not hinder leveling in any way. Nin is only as "hardcore" as your game experience and friends (or alts) allow.

Being rogue is a trade off, you get a level of freedom which is not offered by village gameplay. You get away from the politics, community, and rules that come with village life and are able to start your own orgs and communities killing whoever you want.

It should still remain a tradeoff. If you don't want to protect a village and deal with the rules and personalities of a village community you don't get to be a chunin or participate in those RP events. I don't necessarily think that Missing should be a faction in the same way a village is, nor do I think it was ever intended to be. Missing ninja is meant to offer an alternative playstyle to that of the three villages. As it stands, the missing playstyle is not struggling to get players.

Otherwise cool post, sounds badass.

• Like 2

decent idea after I had this suggestion 

this while back I was going to do same with the hidden sound village, but this is fine.

I would suggest that there be more hidden rouge base scatter around the world and for sure expand the curse lab base

• Like 3