Two factor autenthication

Elevenswords

Question

It has come to my attention this game has no form of two step autenthication in order to log in.

This , if it existed, would prevent any attempt of hacking into accs or protect accs from data base leaks.

An example of this is a player name issa who 1 day ago before this post is being made got all of his 3 accs stolen with emails changed and passwords changed aswell (note they all had different passwords) and the person who stole reset all of his accs so it would be impossible to get any progress ,the orginal owners made ,  on those said accs back

Another player named @oreo got his acc stolen and name changed for some odd reason.

All of these players claim they got hacked and they never shared accs.

I simply suggest 2 step autenthication should be added into the game to prevent such cases to even exist because an acc with 2 step authentication can never be stolen because the user who tried to hack the acc would also need the original owners phone number to get access.

• Like 27

I totally agree, I don't think it's a hard system to implement, instead of having accounts leaked out of the blue, and then having to be chased around by players in support tickets and discord DMs, wasting more time than the former. Make this happen!!!

• Like 3

The best part about this is that it shouldnt be that hard to implement and its also very crucial to avoid these kind of situations.

1 hour ago, Double said:

I totally agree, I don't think it's a hard system to implement, instead of having accounts leaked out of the blue, and then having to be chased around by players in support tickets and discord DMs, wasting more time than the former. Make this happen!!!

I've played games where you sign in and you have to put I a 4 digit code after to confirm the  being yourself tho it all comes down to people being able to remember those 4 digit codes if they he players made or automated lol or Rory could also just do security Questions 

Or if you sign in from a different ip address you have to supply the security code.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Wanheda said:

I've played games where you sign in and you have to put I a 4 digit code after to confirm the  being yourself tho it all comes down to people being able to remember those 4 digit codes if they he players made or automated lol or Rory could also just do security Questions 

Or if you sign in from a different ip address you have to supply the security code.

this is exactly what i feel like nin needs. a simple code input after trying to log in would fix these issues.

This should've been a thing already when the first case of an Account getting stolen/hacked happened.

Google two step Authorization would be a nice extra security feature Nin needs to stop such cases from happening again.(At least on forums so emails and passwords can't be changed by not anyone else but only the owner.)

• Like 1

Thats a wonderful idea, i also had some friends that were hacked multiple times, first time usually all their skills werre deleted , then after a time same accuonts hacked again and reseted. The worst of it is that they were gold, bought many items, such kid of things should not happen in games where people spend real money as well. there shold be a little bit more of security,

• Like 2

We've had no cases where a person who has gotten hacked did not get hacked because they either shared accounts, gave out their password, tried to sell an account.

Yes, our forum software comes with 2FA so that will help with them not getting their passwords changed. I can add that.
But it also comes with the new problem of people losing access to their 2FA and in turn their account - we'll have to manually verify people in those cases. I foresee that to be a much more common problem than being hacked.

On 3/15/2021 at 6:27 PM, Ueda said:

We've had no cases where a person who has gotten hacked did not get hacked because they either shared accounts, gave out their password, tried to sell an account.

Yes, our forum software comes with 2FA so that will help with them not getting their passwords changed. I can add that.
But it also comes with the new problem of people losing access to their 2FA and in turn their account - we'll have to manually verify people in those cases. I foresee that to be a much more common problem than being hacked.

So 2fa would only be for the forum not for the actual client?
Just asking as the client is what most people are worried about, changing password can be reversed however reset accounts appear to be final.

• Like 1