Follow up on instant cast CC

Yamikami

I have decided to make a seperate post on this cause it would be a bit too large to post into a reply.

Looking back at how the game has been balanced up until now I think it would be rather contradictory to give masteries like Fire, Earth and Lightning an instant cast CC. They used to have instant cast CC in the past and they were called broken to the point where they had to be nerfed.

Fire, Earth and Lightning are now considered balanced masteries. For this reason I think that a better direction in balancing would be to give instant cast CC cast time or to remove the CC the jutsu has seeing how the masteries which had instant cast CC and were called broken are now called balanced when they don't have them.

I will give my input on what I think a good direction for current jutsu and weapons would be in order to make them more balanced.

Fan/Pipe melee

- these weapons should get a 1 second run cast - having an instant cast CC which can be instantly chained after a sub and be available again in 2-3 seconds to be used instantly is simply too strong. Fan and Pipe basically shoot out no chakra cost jutsu which instantly CC you or can even stay behind as traps in Pipe's case. Having this while some masteries have to sweat to land a 1 second run cast CC jutsu with a large cooldown is very questionable.

Fan

- if the melee stays the same Slashing Tornadoes need a 1 second run cast. Fan already has a triple tile stun projectile on it's melee once it gets Crystal Fan, I see no reason for it to have another which is an instant cast jutsu from it's kit. This way the mastery is all cast time but the stun on the Fan helps you land those cast times.

Taijutsu

- there is 2 ways I can think of to nerf Taijutsu. One way would be to remove the knockback and selfstun from Seismic Dash and make it just a short range teleport that can help you land melees and land damage. Other way would be to give Breaking Kick a 1 second run cast, which would prolly be the better option since Tai already has really fast melees and a lot of CC so having an instant kick on 5 sec cd is rather oppressive. 

Gentle Fist

- Mountain Crusher - remove the teleport and knockback, give the jutsu 1 sec run cast but also give it 0.5-1 sec stun (maybe even increase range to 3-4 tiles). This would basically make the jutsu more of a mid range chakra wave punch which it was in the anime.                                                                                                       

- Palm Bottom - reduce the CD to 5 seconds and increase the stun duration to 0.7-1 second.

What these 2 changes do is that if you now Sub GF flicker combo they cannot instantly crusher you, since GF would have only 1 instant CC while having the smallest ranges in the game the CD of Palm Bottom would be reduced to compensate. The increased stun makes it so that if Palm Bottom lands you have a pretty good chance of extending the combo, but it would be a cast time combo so the opponent has a chance to Sub.

Medic

- change Poison Scalpel from a 0.5 second stun to a 0.5 second silence. This way it still serves as a cancel but you wouldn't be able to combo into it.

Wind

- since it's STR counterpart is overloaded with CC I think that INT Wind for the main part should be just a pure single target damage element, without the unnecessary CC it has right now. 

- Wind Claw - remove the selfstun and remove the knockback. This allows Wind to still be fast but remove the instant CC which is what people think is a problem with it.

- Vacuum Sphere - if Claw was like this maybe Vacuum could go back to being instant cast, but it should have 1 second selfstun and have no CC on the opponent, so basically just a pure damage jutsu again. (I know I got it to be run cast but oh well).

Water 

- Water Slash - 1 second run cast with no selfstun. (not as needed but since all elementals would no longer have an instant CC it is to make it fair)

WM

- Shadow Shuriken - give the jutsu a 1 second run cast. It teleports and silences so it's a bit of an overkill that it's instant.

If these changes were done the only masteries which would have access to an instant cast CC jutsu which can lock in place are GF, Tai and Bubble. For GF and Tai this is cause they are masteries with insanely short range so it's kinda impossible for them to be viable without having at least 1 jutsu that is like this. In Bubble's case the mastery has no reliable way to do any real damage or to land jutsu without Flickering and snaring with the Soap Bubble first.

• Like 3
  • Boring 1

Fan/Pipe melee - sure, why not..
Fan - no, nados are the slowest moving projectile in the game, your only way to land them is from point-blank range. No one is gonna stand next to you and wait for you to run at them with it, they will just run away and dodge it. It is literally that slow. The issue with nados is that they can be landed off of flicker and elements abuse them. Just lock the jutsu to its damn sub-path. Why would you balance a mastery around a broken weapon, instead of balancing the weapon?! Fans that stun are an AWFUL idea and I don't know why did they ever become a thing.
Taijutsu - 1s cast on kick COULD work. Seismic, no. You'd have to be literal Sanic to even have a chance to land it..
GF - crusher - no. Other jutsu - idc.
Medic - sure, flicker scalpel carried people would be lost without stunning scalpel.
Wind - claw is guaranteed hit after flicker and its only counterplay (besides subbing it which I don't see as a counter for reasons I don't find necessary to explain) is that you get selfstunned after using it and can be hit back, why would you want to remove that? You suggest cast times for random jutsus but not the one jutsu that actually needs a cast time.

Won't even comment on the Water slash thats the worst suggestion I've seen in a while. Actually awful.

• Like 1

Tornadoes are way too slow to be landed on cast time. 
If tornadoes gets back to 1sec selfstun the follow ups will be harder to do.

Although these new fans needs rework.

I also don’t think you can compare Fire and Earth / Light when all of them bring

AoE Stun(Lightning)

AoE damage ( fire)

AoE crowd control ( Earth)

They’re far from being 1v1 focused mastery.

But game is pretty balanced the only thing Id look on are :

- New fans

- 20str elementals 

- Tornadoes Str requirement

- Int Medic 

• Like 4

Just now, SaphV2 said:

I would wait til advance mastery come out before doing any major balancing change, because people are probably gonna ask for the new and old jutsu to get rebalanced again.

we cant count on these coming anytime soon, we have no idea if they are half done, not just the art but also the coding, balancing n everything. My point is we cant wait for these cuz they aint comin anytime son 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Rumaki said:

we cant count on these coming anytime soon, we have no idea if they are half done, not just the art but also the coding, balancing n everything. My point is we cant wait for these cuz they aint comin anytime son 

if you think about its probably next on rory to do list, since everything on the last roadmap is finished @Ueda new roadmap pls. Beside that I'm not against minor balance changes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SaphV2 said:

I would wait til advance mastery come out before doing any major balancing change, because people are probably gonna ask for the new and old jutsu to get rebalanced again.

Advanced cannot be released before the current jutsu are balanced cause if you keep stuff broken it is very hard to tell if the new jutsu are balanced or not cause you are trying to build upon a balance which currently isn't there.

2 hours ago, Lumy said:

I also don’t think you can compare Fire and Earth / Light when all of them bring

AoE Stun(Lightning)

AoE damage ( fire)

AoE crowd control ( Earth)

They’re far from being 1v1 focused mastery.

then they should added or rework the masteries to be made for both . like other masteries that shine in both.

Many ways to change GF. Imo:

Pressure Point -> no charge + chakra drain on enemies

MC-> Renamed to "One Blow" -> charged move that blasts opponent across the map

Palm Bottom -> 1 second stun (no knockback)

Vacuum -> Increase range back to what it was in the past or add knockback

Rotation -> instant cast, no damage, self stuns .5 seconds, blocks any incoming damage

16 palms -> leave it how it is