Fans and Pipes

Kanpeki

Question

Give Fans and Pipes a 1 second run cast on their melee attack. These weapons do not melee like a sword or a fist does, they fire out a jutsu and pretty much every CC jutsu in the game has a cast time. The fact that the jutsu from Fan and Pipe melee don't have a CP cost is already a strong thing, but them being instant is an overkill.

Compare Pipe melee to Bear Trap. Both are a trap jutsu yet Bear Trap has a 2 second run cast and a really long cooldown while Pipe is instant with 2 second cooldown.

Fan melees are also all instant while knocking back or stunning. The Crystal Fan is really broken and frustrating to play against. 

• Like 7

Either it’s triple auto with no cc or it’s not triple auto with cc. The combination of both triple auto (easy to land) AND cc on such a short cooldown with virtually no cost (cp or self stun) is what makes it so frustrating to play against. 

it’s literally a super charged nuibari

• Like 1

I do not know how many of these anti-pipe/fan posts we got to go through for change, but I will gladly post on all of them.

@Ueda fix these weapons please. There is no justification for them.

Basic fan/pipe -> no knockback/snare

fan/pipe -> mastery lock to wind/water

poison scalpel -> no stun or way longer CD

Get rid of triple hits

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wanheda said:

While we're at it since the non pipe n fan users seem to talk alot about what doesn't concern them let's add runcast on gentle fists punches 

This has to be one of the dumbest things I've read in a long time. 

1. What made you think that it doesn't concern anyone besides the people abusing these weapons? Shouldn't it concern us even more, since we're on the recieving end of it?

2. CC/Interrupts on weapons is one of the most broken aspects of the game, since CC is basically the key to winning almost any encounter. I agree that GF's flicker combo is pretty busted and most of the people also agree that it's in need of some kind of rework anyway (but so is poison scalpel).. But the basic attacks of GF are pretty underwhelming and can only be utilized by the mastery itself. It's not available to the entire village for a small investment of 20 strength for some free CC on every melee hit. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hawt said:

This has to be one of the dumbest things I've read in a long time. 

1. What made you think that it doesn't concern anyone besides the people abusing these weapons? Shouldn't it concern us even more, since we're on the recieving end of it?

2. CC/Interrupts on weapons is one of the most broken aspects of the game, since CC is basically the key to winning almost any encounter. I agree that GF's flicker combo is pretty busted and most of the people also agree that it's in need of some kind of rework anyway (but so is poison scalpel).. But the basic attacks of GF are pretty underwhelming and can only be utilized by the mastery itself. It's not available to the entire village for a small investment of 20 strength for some free CC on every melee hit. 

Go off sis Cardi B Tea GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY 

tho how does one abuse a weapon the game creator made available to the entire village i mean i get that it should be for the mastery alone ( since most f us bubble and fan mastery users seem to think incase yall didn't know) i remember a while ago when leaf could use fans this wasn't a topic maybe it's more along the line of jealousy in a sense but meh you do you i guess yall find something to cry about everyday anyways i'm 99% sure that when rory locks weapons to they respected masteries yall finna be right back here again 

GF has that old, rotten and busted boring unavoidable combo true. But what @Hawt meant is that only ppl that have the mastery can use it. While pipes and fans are weapons that give huge advantage to THE WHOLE VILLAGES excluding one. Its either a combo opener/combo breaker/combo prolonging and what not. And it costs almost nothing @Wanheda.

Weapons need some kinda of a rework, with tornados being adjusted, pipe autoattack bubbles etc. Cause even if Rory locks weapons to right masteries, there will be a shitload of ppl choosing water and winds anyway cause they are good masteries, We will enter the age where water/wind characters (like my main) will be switching between fan and pipe at their will. One thing leads to another bad thing.

Perfectly those weapons should be locked to their Hidden Mastery. We are chatting about those weapons here for months if not for a year now. But i think we should just have some open dialog with @Ueda , ask him for his vision and how it actually works in the game(or doesnt), and what could be done. Like some grand rework or w/e.

P.S I think Gentle Fist being able to use swords is absolutely disgusting in terms of lore when u think about it. Especially when owner has bonesword and regens hp while waiting for his unavoidable combo to come off cd. (Worst case scenario he runs quicker than you)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Crowlock said:

GF has that old, rotten and busted boring unavoidable combo true. But what @Hawt meant is that only ppl that have the mastery can use it. While pipes and fans are weapons that give huge advantage to THE WHOLE VILLAGES excluding one. Its either a combo opener/combo breaker/combo prolonging and what not. And it costs almost nothing @Wanheda.

Weapons need some kinda of a rework, with tornados being adjusted, pipe autoattack bubbles etc. Cause even if Rory locks weapons to right masteries, there will be a shitload of ppl choosing water and winds anyway cause they are good masteries, We will enter the age where water/wind characters (like my main) will be switching between fan and pipe at their will. One thing leads to another bad thing.

Perfectly those weapons should be locked to their Hidden Mastery. We are chatting about those weapons here for months if not for a year now. But i think we should just have some open dialog with @Ueda , ask him for his vision and how it actually works in the game(or doesnt), and what could be done. Like some grand rework or w/e.

P.S I think Gentle Fist being able to use swords is absolutely disgusting in terms of lore when u think about it. Especially when owner has bonesword and regens hp while waiting for his unavoidable combo to come off cd. (Worst case scenario he runs quicker than you)

agree

Just a few things I'd like to comment on:

9 hours ago, Wanheda said:

i remember a while ago when leaf could use fans this wasn't a topic maybe it's more along the line of jealousy

Even back than, there were people who complained about fan (including leafies), although they were not many.

Besides, it's understandable why not many talked about it, because it was a weapon that everyone could use for a small stat points investment,
so you couldn't really argue that it's not okay, because everyone could have it too, meaning there were no real disadvantages here.
(Mind you, back than fan Used to be a 1 tile long which is basically like a swinging a sword with knock back, you had to either run up to them to cancel a long cast jutsu, or use flicker and stop their jutsu cast. My point here is that it was more limited back than, and obviously didn't have the new fans)

On a personal Note, I'm just so disappointed that in almost every new weapon or jutsu or anything that is related to pvp that we came up with, instant cc is included, and the pvp relies on that too much. and it's frustrating how everything surrounds over that.
Not a long time ago I said I'd be making a post and maybe even a video talking about instant cast cc jutsus, So I guess I'd be trying to make it just expressing my thoughts on it.

6 hours ago, Crowlock said:

But i think we should just have some open dialog with @Ueda , ask him for his vision and how it actually works in the game(or doesnt), and what could be done. Like some grand rework or w/e.

I think almost everything you said I agree with, but the main thing we need to do, like you mentioned is to ask @Ueda for his vision
and have an open discussion about it. cause otherwise we can be talking about this forever.

On 3/18/2021 at 8:00 AM, Wanheda said:

While we're at it since the non pipe n fan users seem to talk alot about what doesn't concern them let's add runcast on gentle fists punches 

It's the tea for me

Our basic does 2 dmg -.-

The most broken thing is the MC+Palm combo that does around 300 damage, but that at least causes us CD and chakra.

If you look at pipe/fan, it is a basic with effects on it that is faster than all of this, no CD, no chakra cost, and has a 1k+ dmg potential. Not to mention you can infinitely snare.

Does GF do this? No. Does Leaf's whole village get the effect? No.

How many GF's do you see in comparison to every non-bubble/non-fanwind user using these weapons with completely different masteries? How many poison meds have you seen in the game recently? These are the people that reset for meta, I at least stick with my solo gf mastery.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Persona Kurama said:

How many GF's do you see in comparison to every non-bubble/non-fanwind user using these weapons with completely different masteries? How many poison meds have you seen in the game recently? These are the people that reset for meta, I at least stick with my solo gf mastery

Well I still think pipe and fan should belong to they respected masteries but even if Rory does make that happen y'all will continue to find issue with the weapons regardless and GF has also been apart of that meta list drag in your alts but that would be a hot below the belt and it has been this way for a min so umm yh that happened