Perspective of a new Player

Diluc

Question

I have been playing ninonline the last couple of days and thought some perspective of how the game is for a new player may help this game grow in the future. I would like to point out I understand that the game is still being developed and isn't finished but I still would like to help improve it and point out the pros and cons. I also don't know everything about the game yet only from what I have seen and what helpful players info have shared with me.

First I would like to start with the pros of the game. The aesthetics of naruto and the ninja world has always in my opinion been a fantastic setting for a mmorpg so to see the concept come into light in such a well designed way is amazing. I have played a similar style naruto game on byond, if you can remember that throwback, which wasn't this well polished with combat and customization. Having unique clans instead of reusing the current ones opens up a lot of unique abilities that I am looking forward too. The tutorial was very well done, that wasn't too long and did a good job introducing you to the simple mechanics of the game. The sprites and graphics are beyond amazing, especially the scenery and jutsu that just blow me away every time I see them in action. The combat is enjoyable and very responsive for the most part and doesn't get boring for a 2d game like this. 

Now for the Cons. Although the games combat is fun the variety of leveling options is very limited making the only way of endlessly murdering mobs over and over feel VERY grindy. Only being able to do 3 daily missions makes your income of money very limited at the earlier levels which in turn just forces you to just continue to endless farm mobs to sell their drops or hope to obtain and sell blank scrolls which you need for jutsu early on. Also the trash mission for the mist village at least is HORRIBLE you could spend 30 mins running around and find nothing.(update on this. the garbage is hidden behind trees and buildings. Not sure if this is design but I found just swinging behind random stuff helps the mission go faster) I am not sure how the spawning works but for one of the early quest it is a huge time sink for a pretty unsatisfying reward. As for the biggest problem of the game in my opinion is pvp for new players. The number of times my party and I were grinding on mobs just to get suddenly attacked, killed and then camped has just made leveling in the game unplayable. It seems the only responses I get about this is "just suck it up" or "Welcome to ninonline" which in my opinion are very weak and sad reasons for the effort that went into this game. 

As for some suggestions I would make to improve these problems. As for the leveling I think having repeatable D-S rank missions that could give players direction as well as a better source of exp and income would make the grind a little easier. Having the daily missions be a bit more unique and rewarding would have them stand out from these rank missions. As for the pvp problem with the early players being killed. I think giving new player a grace period where they can't be harmed by other players that are higher than 3 levels up until say level 25 or 30(while in their own region) would give players time to adjust to the games combat as well as choose their paths/builds. Also the wounded debuff for being killed is waaaay to long for new players who aren't much of a threat to other but just extends the already intense grind. These solutions would make it so new players can enjoy the game without worry about being killed by a higher level player that makes it impossible to play the game. I have heard that these rogue ninja kill players because of their missions so maybe have it where if a player is well under their level they are not rewarded for killing them. I know that coding this might not be possible but these are just suggestions because I really do believe something needs to be done to aid new players.

I have really enjoyed this game for the most part and see it having a lot of potential but I think the pvp and grind might turn off some players so hopefully they are addressed in the future. I know the game is still new and being developed but as where the game stands these are the problems I feel hold it back from being amazing. I hope no one takes this in a negative way, I just thought the perspective of a new player would be helpful for the future of the game. I am not here to argue with anyone because I do enjoy this game and I know every has their own opinions and way they think the game should be. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Jaiir said:

Lol the ammount of aggressiveness here. 
I totally agree with the Lvling being pretty, not hard, but boring? Having only 3 missions daily its kinda sad lol, and the fact most of those missions are "kill 90 X mob" when the lvling in general is already pretty grindy feels kinda akward.
Not saying "make  the lvling insta and easy af" but either just giving some more daily missions or more sidequests would help ( specially in the mist village) 
Started yesterday and was like 2/3 hours killing mobs for the 2 dailies with my bare fist lol cause there's nothing a new player can do to make the grinding at least a bit more interesting other than subing or throwing some shurikens ( yeah there's the kunai and some swords but still ). Giving a jutsu for the new players could help a ton instead of *killing 2 mobs * *standing still for some minutes to recover the health* *kill other 2* *recover health* for 2 hours
I may be talkin nonsense lol i started yesterday but yeah,,,, thats my opinion oop. Excuse my bad english, not my first language

This was kind of the same experience I have had myself and it seems this is "By Design." Besides the people telling you "Go play something else." This is a lot of the leveling experience for most of the early levels which gets easier when you reach level 10 which shouldn't take to long although a bit boring. The daily missions become a bit more unique but they send you into enemy territory rewarding you a lot of exp but at such low levels it is hard to complete them without some help or the server being dead. But it seems that this post is pretty split for the most part with most people in favor of a better experience in the earlier levels of the game. I am glad the developer is also checking this post out so hopefully we can talk about improvements for the future.

• Like 1

I'm new and recent player reached 11 lvl Sand ninja. 

My opinion about the game is: Lack of quests, ik the objective is a rp and demand alot of players, but this game desing inst atractive for mataining players and gather news players the
1 reason: Lack of quests, u just haved 3 daily quests and 1 randown npc quest(sand village) in the beining the game
2 reason: Lack of players in ranks chunin, jonin and above. This problem cause a low rate of rp missions and ruim the base of the game. (maybe u can add some npc for make this rp missions more playable?)
3 reason: Lack of information about the village locations, doenst have a map.
4 reason: Hunting monsters simulator, make the game repetitive alot and boring. I hate the very grind games (i played alot of aqw and others grind rpgs like old runescape) is just a lost of time. 
5 reason: Must of the game mechanics i searched in the forum like about seals and the quest with npc(normal villagers)
6 reason: The game will be fall in the time old players start stop playing because is a based rp game, is the central of proposition and designed for this.

Good reason:
I still playing because this game don't have the must hated thing, the pw and alot of transactions who make u god in 1min of the game.

On 5/1/2021 at 2:04 PM, Seifer said:

1) There is a lack of quests. The quests we do have are not all completable to certain masteries (i.e. stealthing into sand village with no int). Depending on the time of day you cannot do any missions because of 1 way maps (if an army camps a map, you are shit out of luck until they decide to move). The quest's experience scaling is not perfect either.

2) There is actually an abundance of ranked however, they do not get rewarded enough to spend the time doing RP missions and helping others. If you believe that them not wanting to help without a reward is reason enough to not have rank blame the promotion process. Other than that, Kages will accept ranks that don't help into the village while forcing others to pay to get in or not get in completely.

3) There is a village map however your position is not marked. This can be used for realism I guess, but let us be honest it is not. There is no other maps for other locations besides the overarching one that is useless to look at. Having a map would extremely help new players.

4) There is a lot of grinding early on, but once you hit level 36 from toad quests it completely stops. Recently LOI was added, but it is better to not do those missions completely because the experience points rewarded is not worth it. There should be mobs for every level to have a better scale with experience points so that it does not turn into this "hunting monster simulator" early on. Additionally, the zones themselves should be fixed. It is 100% easier to grind in Mist/Sand over Leaf. Reverting Leaf's rats to what it once was may help put Leaf back on equal playing field.

5) When you say "forum" I assume you mean on this website. I never used it, but there is a Wiki that is supposedly more informative on what you can do. Otherwise, it is best to find a mentor in-game to teach you what side quests there is, what is worth doing, and to help your build. For such big villages you would think there would be missions within them to make players fill up the empty spaces.

6) A lot of old players have already fallen, or only touch the game from time to time. That being said, the new players that remain after being weeded out from Nin's inflexibility sort of fill those spots. I believe the game mechanics allow the community to yeet people out of existence too easily. Examples of this are:  Hospital camping, one way maps, no organization cycling, rigged elections of Kage positions, broken meta that assist in unethical behavior (i.e. bubbles on doors), and more. @Ueda should really consider this imo.

Thanks for the advice, i keep in mind.
Now i stoped playing, becausethe expesive daily mission(medic ingredients) u need farm alot monsters who not give u enough experience like larva and scorpions for 100 ryo and 5k xp is not worth because u can make 100 ryo ez whitout this mission and make more than 10k xp in the coy whitout this mission, this mission is a waste of time.

12 minutes ago, Akai Shuichi said:

Now i stoped playing, becausethe expesive daily mission(medic ingredients) u need farm alot monsters who not give u enough experience like larva and scorpions for 100 ryo and 5k xp is not worth because u can make 100 ryo ez whitout this mission and make more than 10k xp in the coy whitout this mission, this mission is a waste of time.

Most farming missions are pretty good.t

the mission itself doesnt give that much exp but the 30/40/50/60/70 mobs u have to kill + blessings, its a pretty good ammount of exp (specially at your level) . If u dont like the mission just abandon it lol

14 minutes ago, Akai Shuichi said:

You have to understand this, my dude.

This game is designed to take ~2 months to reach level 50. It's made that way on purpose, while the developers (as few as there are) work on creating and adding content as the time goes on. 

Understand this mentality:

Whereas another new game developer might publish his first in-progress game and only have great content from level 0 to level 10, Rory decided he wanted to grasp the length first and then the content.
The typical game developer might have a thousand wonderful things to do, a million ways to get money, and a trillion ways to train and gain levels; it'd all be just for the first 10 levels, because that's the 'vertical slice' method. Rory's idea is to establish the game's overall feel and length of your journey first, and then add the middle content after (aka, the 'base of the cake' method). 
This game has to be long. Because that's what makes a player play the game for so long. 

Yes, it's tough to play this game. And as much I don't want to say this, but think of Nin as a mobile game:
you don't play for 10 hours a day, but quit the next day (like perhaps a PC game). 
Nin prohibits more than 3 missions a day (almost like a 'energy' system), and then resets that every day (to invite you to play again, like a mobile game).

As long as you don't think to yourself that you need to get level 50 fast, you will relieve yourself of your expectations. Nin is about the journey, not the per-minute content.

This game far away for become a mobile game. 

This game inst completed, maybe still in beta and this explain the lack of quests content and other things. 
So if the autor of the game need a live world game he need make ppl spend alot of time, like the rp mission system this game design for make ppl play alot equal old ragnarok(i not play, just see ppl talking about).

This game is not desing equal aqw or rune(u don't need ppl for playing the real content of the game) so idk why have alot of grind.

My question in this coment is about the medic suppliess quest, not about the other things i listed in my first coment.
I supose the medic suplies quest reward is to bad for spend alot of times grinding mob like larva and scorpions(larva doesnt give xp for lvl10+ and scorpions is worst) so is just a wast of time in my perspective. If i use the time for complete this quest in coyote i can get 10k or 20k xp and maybe 100 ryo or blank scroll. The other problem with this quest is the 100 ryo reward if ur sell the 50 scorpions tails(2ryo per tail) and the 40 cocum(1ryo per cocum) i get 140 ryo sodon't have any possibilits in my perspective this quest is good. Ik now why ppl talk in this forum just skip this quest all time. 

27 minutes ago, Akai Shuichi said:

This game inst completed, maybe still in beta and this explain the lack of quests content and other things. 
So if the autor of the game need a live world game he need make ppl spend alot of time, like the rp mission system this game design for make ppl play alot equal old ragnarok(i not play, just see ppl talking about).

This game is not desing equal aqw or rune(u don't need ppl for playing the real content of the game) so idk why have alot of grind.

My question in this coment is about the medic suppliess quest, not about the other things i listed in my first coment.
I supose the medic suplies quest reward is to bad for spend alot of times grinding mob like larva and scorpions(larva doesnt give xp for lvl10+ and scorpions is worst) so is just a wast of time in my perspective. If i use the time for complete this quest in coyote i can get 10k or 20k xp and maybe 100 ryo or blank scroll. The other problem with this quest is the 100 ryo reward if ur sell the 50 scorpions tails(2ryo per tail) and the 40 cocum(1ryo per cocum) i get 140 ryo sodon't have any possibilits in my perspective this quest is good. Ik now why ppl talk in this forum just skip this quest all time. 

Uhh what lol 

U really complaining bout,,,,larvaes?? Idk what mastery u are, but at lvl 10+ literally everyone can kill larvaes fast af, this mission is not supposed to give u great ammounts of EXP because its a pretty fast mission.

Low exp? yeah,,, but its pretty easy and fast to complete, they also give u ryo, so i dont see anything to complain about (if u lucky u can also get blanks) 

there's a lot of missions like these (and worse) in higher levels lol

20 minutes ago, Jaiir said:
51 minutes ago, Akai Shuichi said:

Uhh what lol 

U really complaining bout,,,,larvaes?? Idk what mastery u are, but at lvl 10+ literally everyone can kill larvaes fast af, this mission is not supposed to give u great ammounts of EXP because its a pretty fast mission.

Low exp? yeah,,, but its pretty easy and fast to complete, they also give u ryo, so i dont see anything to complain about (if u lucky u can also get blanks) 

Inst fast because the other problem in this game, the drop rates is to low.

51 minutes ago, Jaiir said:
1 hour ago, Akai Shuichi said:

Uhh what lol 

So 10% drop rate in scorpion tail make me kill 30 scorpions for get a 95.76% probability drop. 
If i kill coyte 30 i get 2000xp and the same 95.76% probability drop. 3 ryo, so this quest is worst and i don't see u arguments, maybe u dont read this: he other problem with this quest is the 100 ryo reward if ur sell the 50 scorpions tails(2ryo per tail) and the 40 cocoom(1ryo per cocum) i get 140 ryo so don't have any possibilit in my perspective this quest is good. Ik now why ppl talk in this forum just skip this quest all time. 

The calculation of how many tries should give at least one positive result is done by using the chance to fail:

10% drop chance means a 90% probability (0.9) to fail.

This means for 10 consecutive runs the probality to fail equals 0.9^10 = 0.3486784401

Rounded to two decimal places we now have a probality to fail at 0.35 or 35%.

And this again means 65% chance of succeeding (at least once) in 10 runs when having a drop chance of 10%.

1 minute ago, Akai Shuichi said:

So 10% drop rate in scorpion tail make me kill 30 scorpions for get a 95.76% probability drop. 
If i kill coyte 30 i get 2000xp and the same 95.76% probability drop. 3 ryo, so this quest is worst and i don't see u arguments, maybe u dont read this: he other problem with this quest is the 100 ryo reward if ur sell the 50 scorpions tails(2ryo per tail) and the 40 cocum(1ryo per cocum) i get 140 ryo sodon't have any possibilits in my perspective this quest is good. Ik now why ppl talk in this forum just skip this quest all time.  

No one talks bout this mission in the forum cos its a decent LOW LEVEL mission.

Dont know why u doing maths lol, the tails and cocoons both have a huge drop rate (and almost always boosted by a blessing and maybe raid points). Of 3/4 scorpions u kill, at least 1 will drop a tail.

u keep comparing coyotes with scorpions. You can literally 1 hit scorpions/cocoons ( and multiple of em depending on your mastery)  at lv 10+. U cant do this with coyotes

The mission is a low ass tier one, its not supposed to give u 400k exp and 800 ryo. U can literally kill 30 scorpions in 5/10 minutes, fast mission, fast exp, fast ryo, and always a drop chance of scrolls.

30 Mob exp + Selling the drop + Mission Exp + Mission Ryo + any scroll ( if u drop one) its a pretty good mission tbh.

If u keep complaining bout this low ass tier mission gl w the sand survey one lol

21 minutes ago, Jaiir said:

Dont know why u doing maths lol, the tails and cocoons both have a huge drop rate (and almost always boosted by a blessing and maybe raid points). Of 3/4 scorpions u kill, at least 1 will drop a tail.

u keep comparing coyotes with scorpions. You can literally 1 hit scorpions/cocoons ( and multiple of em depending on your mastery)  at lv 10+. U cant do this with coyotes

The mission is a low ass tier one, its not supposed to give u 400k exp and 800 ryo. U can literally kill 30 scorpions in 5/10 minutes, fast mission, fast exp, fast ryo, and always a drop chance of scrolls.

30 Mob exp + Selling the drop + Mission Exp + Mission Ryo + any scroll ( if u drop one) its a pretty good mission tbh.

If u keep complaining bout this low ass tier mission gl w the sand survey one lol

Untitled.png

28 minutes ago, Jaiir said:

I can't see any solid arguments in ur talk :/

3.png

2.png

1.png

3 minutes ago, Akai Shuichi said:

I can't see any solid arguments in ur talk :/

3.png

2.png

1.png

Im only talking about the lowest tier of medical supplies. The one YOU currently have.

People in the forum complain bout the *higher* tiers of the mission cos the time/reward ratio is kinda wack

If u cant farm larvaes and scorpions for literally 5 mins being lv 10 then idk bud lol

3 hours ago, Jaiir said:

Im only talking about the lowest tier of medical supplies. The one YOU currently have.

People in the forum complain bout the *higher* tiers of the mission cos the time/reward ratio is kinda wack

If u cant farm larvaes and scorpions for literally 5 mins being lv 10 then idk bud lol

And i'm talking about this quest is bad for low lvl XD

31 minutes ago, LionGod said:

I just realized everyone been talking about 3 dailies there is an item called a "daily reset" if you want more dailies granted you have to buy it.

yeah!!!! lets make new players get & waste 5 coupons on that!!!!!!!!