Clan System..

Sin

Question

I just wanted to have a discussion about this a bit Not too sure if i'm one of the only people who preferred RP Clans only due to the fact that  it kind of defeats the purpose of RP  having selective clans it kind of feels as if we're forced to choose a clan we don't want to be in or just be clanless before there was many different kind of clans due to RP and it was kind of a cool thing to see but now that's pretty much dead I feel as if  there should be more clans in the game or the clan system could be tweaked a bit by letting players create their own clan with 10k ryo maybe? 5k? it's as you said before @Ueda  Clans is like a family a big part of RP   but it feels so limited due to it being a few selective clans i know it hasn't been long since the clan system has been out but this is just my opinion in no way shape or form am i saying rory did a bad job with the way he did the  Clan system i am just simply saying that it could be better for players who would like to start their own thing maybe a brand new friend group decides to start the game together  and they decide to  start a clan they can't do that  they'll either have to choose a clan made by some body else or stay clanless which defeats the purpose of RP to me it'd be amazing to see new clans again maybe have their own clan clothes i do how ever understand that there's clan houses and maybe some day it'll fill up the map which is understandable but this can be avoided by either  expanding maps which i know will take forever but you could make 3 different maps for each leaf sand and takaumi which will be where all clan houses are located at there's a lot of ideas that can come from a clan that would be great to see again just a suggestion and my honest opinion.

• Like 9

3 answers to this question

I 100% agree with you that it takes away the RP purpose and players should make there own clan but it would take much more effort then just paying 5-10k ryo, the player would have to design the uniform for the clan and make a clan symbol but 5k-10k ryo would be to cheap to start a whole new clan, a good price would be 25k at least since i doubt Rory/Ueda would want like 50 clans in the game but instead of talking about how the purpose of RP was ruined with the new clan choosing system maybe try explaining a system where players would be able to make their own clans by paying ryo and building the clan themselves etc..

:D

While I do agree with the fact that new clans could add a lot to the RP aspect of the game, the idea of creating new clan houses/outfits let alone whole areas in-game would just be too much work for the devs.

Speaking from personal experience, the best things in Nin regarding RP have been created by players themselves (e.g. the Leaf Academy, various orgs, hell even clans used to be player made before they became ‘canon’).

And while it would certainly be cool to have a clan house and all that jazz, let’s not forget the fact that one would always be able to start a new clan if they wanted to. Good examples of player made clans are Hinode or even Hideki which, although not ’official’, have loyal members and host clan meetings/events etc. just like other clans.

If you’re thinking about founding your own clan just use the resources the game provides you with: 

- Create your clan as a branch family of an official clan (this way you can have access to the Clan House and create bonds between your clan and the main family leading to interesting RP situations or even a joint RP event) or pick one of the village’s buildings as clan HQ if your clan consists of clanless ninja.

- Compile your clan’s clothes from clothes found in in-game shops. You can even add an RP element to the clothes here (e.g. reward new clan members with clan clothes for lvl-ing / completing a specific task or hide a piece of clan clothing somewhere and make them find it as a rite of passage with different trials along the way)

- Create your own clan logo from symbols found on in-game clothes (like the Kuraen clan did) or just come up with something unique of your own.

- Create clan lore where you establish the history of your clan, let others know what you stand for, what your values are and what makes you stand out from other clans.

- Create a clan discord and use it as a platform to bond, help each other in missions and hunts or discuss future content for your RP events.

Bottom line is, I’d encourage everyone who’s been thinking of founding their own clan to do so even if there are only a handful of people around them who want in on the action since it is fun and adds additional value to the game in terms of RP (whether it be teaching the new generation of shinobi of your clan as it grows or holding joint events with other clans).  
In order to find a middle ground of sorts between people who want change in the clan system and devs, @Ueda could add a “Clans“ topic to the forums where people could upload information regarding their own clans so people would know who to contact if they wanted to join or maybe organise a joint event.

• Like 1

I think the compromise to this would be simply opening up more houses in the game and spawn points. This way RP clans can claim what home is theirs and fight for it and Rory does not have to spend too much time coding the specifics of it. Then one day maybe he could add dropable banners for leaders of orgs (or maybe code in a separate system for custom clans that is like orgs but replaces [clan name]) for people to symbolize their bases.