Let's Talk About Dailies

Drusilla

Question

As we all know dailies is a huge factor when it comes to nin online , as these are main source of exp to lvl up. For years dailies has been a topic for discussion of how it should be reworked and changed. I am writing this post to enlighten rory and give suggestion to how not just me but to the many other players feel about daily missions.

1. Dailies resets after 24hours/ 12:24 pm est
2. Can only get 3 dailies per day
3. Those 3 dailies are completely! I repeat COMPLETLY rng 
4. Dailies cannot be re rolled so what ever mission you get you have to do

Questions of the community:

Why cant the players choose which daily they want? 

why only 3 dailies a day?

why only 3 missions??

what do we do after finish our 3 missions?

Discussion:
 Its 2021 and i truly belive its time for dallies to be changed/revamped improved. The game gets really boring after you complete dailies because they isn't really nothing else to do but take some raid points or farm for drops and pray you get anything. I suggest that dailies reset 3 times a day, Morning , Noon and Night can do what ever time you think is right or at least 2 times a day but this 1 day for 3 dailies which we have no control over needs to be changed. Even if you dont want to do that suggestion at least  let us be able to choose our dailies, sometimes as a lvl 47.50 heck eve lvl 55 players be getting 3 spa missions and that just crazy to me. IF we are able to do more dailies the game will be a lot more active because the truth is most people just do dailies and log off until it resets and just play on alts or something to be entertained. By doing this the game will be a lot more engaging and lively. with this said i hope you take this post to consideration at least and i do hope in the future dailies can be changed for the better.  

• Like 5
  • Boring 1

15 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Drusilla said:

heck eve lvl 55 players be getting 3 spa missions and that just crazy to me. IF we are able to do more dailies the game will be a lot more active because the truth is most people just do dailies and log off until it resets and just play on alts or something to be entertained.

I agree we shouldn't get a mission like a spa that gives 75k exp at level 55 we should either get the higher version of it or not get it at all same with gd.

Yes, I agree for players like me who love to farm just farm afterward but some player just doesn't like farming or hunting without any reason So more of the player make alt and do daily on it instead.

• Like 1

In my opinion, to come up with better missions there needs to be a story in place for Nin. It seems to me that Rory does not want to commit to an overarching story and wants to leave it into the player hands who in return can't do much in their position. There is definitely a conflict here that needs to be resolved. I personally would rather Rory just commit to an overarching story, but another solution would be making a story based off of the past in-game Kage's personality.

Examples of this:

(I.e. 1st Hokage was drunk -> lots of bars in Leaf -> bartenders missions for ingredients for brewery-> killing rats | 2nd Hokage was creepy -> underground sewers entrance -> animal parts -> collect poison -> assassinations | 3rd Hokage was obsessed with water -> fountains + pools installed in Leaf -> collect coins at the bottom of the fountain -> find hidden mechanism -> get food for secret sea animal)

These personalities/behaviors/actions of the Kage will give the tools needed to shape the respected villages, stories, and missions making Nin Online the most unique game.

Besides my discussion of having a story to fuel new and innovative missions, there should definitely be a better progression system than what we currently have. Old missions that do not format with your new level should be removed.

Spa in general should have a better progression, and renamed to relaxation. I suggest:

Spa I -> hotsprings, Spa II -> (Leaf|Tanzaku bar. Sand|Outside Blood Puppets Area, Mist| Small village right of port). Spa III -> Other villages Spa 2s spots, Spa IV -> Other villages Spa I spots.

Of course with new locations, new relaxation spots can appear.

Guard Duty should have progression too, leaving hot spots for higher levels and less of a hot spot for lower levels. I suggest:

GD 1 -> Aviary, GD 2-> Doc room, GD 3-> GD maps/around raid points, GD 4-> Lowbie training areas

Finally, I would like to say I agree with Drusilla that 3 dailies that are selected for you can be a drag. I think it is completely doable to widen the variety of missions you can pick and do. Yes, there has to be more missions added in and yes, the experience for each has to be modified, but it would make the game really fun.

• Like 4

I'm against us getting 9 dailies in one day. 9 dailies a day will make levelling way to easy. I'm sure that if the xp was to be nerfed overall it would result in the same amount of xp earned for more work. I am completely however with players being able to pick dailies it would make daily mission alot better to handle because the rng can be very tiring at times. lvl49 and getting time off x_x

39 minutes ago, Seifer said:

In my opinion, to come up with better missions there needs to be a story in place for Nin. It seems to me that Rory does not want to commit to an overarching story and wants to leave it into the player hands who in return can't do much in their position. There is definitely a conflict here that needs to be resolved. I personally would rather Rory just commit to an overarching story, but another solution would be making a story based off of the past in-game Kage's personality.

Examples of this:

(I.e. 1st Hokage was drunk -> lots of bars in Leaf -> bartenders missions for ingredients for brewery-> killing rats | 2nd Hokage was creepy -> underground sewers entrance -> animal parts -> collect poison -> assassinations | 3rd Hokage was obsessed with water -> fountains + pools installed in Leaf -> collect coins at the bottom of the fountain -> find hidden mechanism -> get food for secret sea animal)

These personalities/behaviors/actions of the Kage will give the tools needed to shape the respected villages, stories, and missions making Nin Online the most unique game.

Besides my discussion of having a story to fuel new and innovative missions, there should definitely be a better progression system than what we currently have. Old missions that do not format with your new level should be removed.

Spa in general should have a better progression, and renamed to relaxation. I suggest:

Spa I -> hotsprings, Spa II -> (Leaf|Tanzaku bar. Sand|Outside Blood Puppets Area, Mist| Small village right of port). Spa III -> Other villages Spa 2s spots, Spa IV -> Other villages Spa I spots.

Of course with new locations, new relaxation spots can appear.

Guard Duty should have progression too, leaving hot spots for higher levels and less of a hot spot for lower levels. I suggest:

GD 1 -> Aviary, GD 2-> Doc room, GD 3-> GD maps/around raid points, GD 4-> Lowbie training areas

Finally, I would like to say I agree with Drusilla that 3 dailies that are selected for you can be a drag. I think it is completely doable to widen the variety of missions you can pick and do. Yes, there has to be more missions added in and yes, the experience for each has to be modified, but it would make the game really fun.

My only question is why would GD1 be aviary? Why not Kage room or spa?

3 dailies, 2 re-rolls. Or better yet: 5 dailies, 3 re-rolls. Expand the list of missions and/or reduce/remove the chance for the low EXP missions after level 50+

There's plenty of incentive to get to 50 so players will grind through the BS daily grind, but as much as I want to get to 60, who the hell wants to be 50+ sneaking into other villages for 75k? It's no longer thrilling, nor is it particularly rewarding.

In the long term, Seifer's suggestions sound good

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Mizxry said:

My only question is why would GD1 be aviary? Why not Kage room or spa?

Idea is to give people the incentive to use it more. If you think about it, the aviary is a strategic location in the village since it signals for enemies. Giving it as GD for lower levels gives them a meaningful task to do without a high chance of getting destroyed by high levels. That being said, Aviaries might need to be moved in the village.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Seifer said:

Idea is to give people the incentive to use it more. If you think about it, the aviary is a strategic location in the village since it signals for enemies. Giving it as GD for lower levels gives them a meaningful task to do without a high chance of getting destroyed by high levels. That being said, Aviaries might need to be moved in the village.

Ah understood, sounds like a nice idea to add to nin

I agree with Drusilla on the initial idea of dailies having to be reworked in order to make the game more enjoyable.
However letting the player reroll their dailies is something which heavily collides with the RP, since it's usually the Kage who assigns missions to ninjas or teams through the Mission desk.
It would make little to no sense for someone to reject a mission, take for example how Shikamaru always complains about the tasks assigned to him being a drag, or Naruto fuming about them not being challenging enough but they do them anyway because: 1. They were issued by the Hokage and as a subordinate one doesn't have much choice and 2. missions are a part of "shinobi life" and have to be completed no matter what. 
This being said, what I suggest is: In order to keep the RP alive and cater to the needs of the community players should be given a set of 3 missions each time they want to do a daily, which of course would all be suited to the respective lvl. of the player in question. Ninja would get to choose one of these missions depending on what suits them best at that moment (e.g. this would provide 2 more options next to sand docs in case the village GD is packed with people) in order to minimalize abandoning and loss of xp. 

• Like 4

Having a list to choose from would be ideal but I have a feeling that getting stuck with what you get is part of the intended game design. Otherwise, I would have suggested the same. With re-rolls the game can keep the RNG Rory loves so much.

And RP wise we can already 'Abandon' missions. I'm pretty sure accepting a mission then ditching it immediately is worse than asking for a different mission, in terms of RP.

3 hours ago, Nagamushi said:

I disagree, your just mad you have bad RnG when it comes to getting dailies so you want the whole system to be revamped to assist you unlucky gameplay. 

Drusilla has gotten to lv 50+ and resetted 3+ times. In fact, those who never hit 50 are in the small minority. My point is, in-case you didn't get it, is that no one is trying to benefit themselves by screwing over other people's gameplay since we already went through all the missions, dealing with (good and bad) RNG tenfold.

No offense, I am tired of toxic people shooting down ideas over bs excuses. If you have a counter point make one instead of targeting individuals. Thank you.

• Like 2

IN MY OPINION I 100% agree with this. I would really like to see some kind of dailies revamp as well with the little experience I have had with it I have already seen these kind of issues between my friends and myself. As a new player I have found that some dailies are way more beneficial to get than others usually just opting to abandoned a mission after not being able to complete it for hours. I think having maybe a billboard with missions that are posted for ninja to take up would still fit the theme of the world while allowing the player to pick their difficulty for better rewards, only able to complete 3 a day still but giving players options. after level like 20 they give you missions to travel from the mist all the way to the sand village to either scout it without dying or sneak into their spa for 300 seconds. Unless the server is completely dead there is almost no chance I make it there without getting murdered making the quest almost impossible at certain times. On the other hand I have gotten the mist spa mission which did give me a nice chunk of exp that was super easy to complete and actually gave more exp than much harder ones as well as missions to kill the same mobs that I am already grinding on that is just way easier. I think it should come down to risk vs reward. You can take a harder quest you see fit for your skill level or risk factor and be rewarded for your choice or an easier mission that allows you to get at least some exp so you don't just abandoned the quest and waste 1/3 missions. I know this game isn't supposed to be "convenient" as others like to tell me but this system is a bit mind baffling to me.

Follow up: why is guard duty twice as much exp and ryo than killing snakes in enemy territory?! I would love to chill at entrance and afk for more exp? makes legit no sense at all.

18 hours ago, Seifer said:

Drusilla has gotten to lv 50+ and resetted 3+ times. In fact, those who never hit 50 are in the small minority. My point is, in-case you didn't get it, is that no one is trying to benefit themselves by screwing over other people's gameplay since we already went through all the missions, dealing with (good and bad) RNG tenfold.

No offense, I am tired of toxic people shooting down ideas over bs excuses. If you have a counter point make one instead of targeting individuals. Thank you.

So " toxic people " can't state there own opinions even if there opinion includes " shooting down ideas over bs excuses ", i'm not even doing that. What i stated was facts and you can't deal with the fact that i'm right. Get over yourself. 

• Sad 1